Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 07:55 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Most people don't know a thing about O'Malley.
So to sum up, after 4 posts in a thread to guess ratings, you're too chicken to guess.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:01 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
If they I invite Honey Boo Boo, give her a podium, the Trump crowd is sure to show up in the TV ratings....better yet give the homophobic Duck Dynasty guy a spot and the entire GOP electorate might be watching.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:45 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Agreed. Plus, we don't have a television reality star on the stage.

Goodness. King Hillary is the best reality star ever.......
  • Cheating lying husband commits adultery on her in very public manner.
  • Best friend, confidant, advisor, girlfriend is Anthony Weiner's wife.
  • Embroiled in scandal after scandal
  • Says she is common person, broke, etc, yet gets $600 haircut
  • Wears bright colored pant suits like she is on sitcom.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
C'mon. It's just a guess. How many million will watch the first Democrat debate on CNN? We'll check back Wednesday to see who came the closest.

It is the first one so I'm going to go with 16 million.
No Trump, and only two realistic contenders......probably not too many viewers.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Goodness. King Hillary is the best reality star ever.......
  • Cheating lying husband commits adultery on her in very public manner.
  • Best friend, confidant, advisor, girlfriend is Anthony Weiner's wife.
  • Embroiled in scandal after scandal
  • Says she is common person, broke, etc, yet gets $600 haircut
  • Wears bright colored pant suits like she is on sitcom.
She's smart. Expect a smart discussion of the topics at hand instead of mud slinging and shouting 'YOU'RE STOOPID".

So . . definitely not going to be as popular.

In fact, other then myself and the people on this forum - I don't know anything who watched any of the debates in real life.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:31 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Cooper said he won't be encouraging confrontations between the candidates. "I'm always uncomfortable with that notion of setting people up in order to kind of promote some sort of a face off," Cooper said Sunday on CNN's "Reliable Sources." "Look, these are all serious people. This is a serious debate. They want to talk about the issues and I want to give them an opportunity to do that.

CNN & Anderson Cooper (who is a member of the Clinton Global Initiative) appear to not understand what a "debate" is - a debate IS a "face off" with "confrontations" about ideas. It's not a "platform" to promote Agenda.

Synonyms and Antonyms of DEBATE

variance of opinion on a matter <there was a great deal of debate over the need for cutting costs by eliminating some programs>
Synonyms contestation, controversy, debate, difference, difficulty, disputation, dispute, dissension (also dissention), dissensus, firestorm, nonconcurrence
Related Words clash, collision, conflict, confliction, disaccord, discord, dissonance; apartness, divarication, division; combat, contention, strife, struggle; altercation, argument, bicker, falling-out, fight, kickup, misunderstanding, quarrel, set-to
Near Antonyms acceptance, compliance; concord, peace
Antonyms accord, agreement, consensus, harmony, unanimity

an exchange of views for the purpose of exploring a subject or deciding an issue <there was no debate over the expenditures before the vote>
Synonyms argument, argumentation, argy-bargy [chiefly British], back-and-forth, colloquy, confab, confabulation, conference, consult, consultation, council, counsel, debate, deliberation, dialogue (also dialog), give-and-take, palaver, parley, talk
Related Words bull session, chat room, forum, meeting, powwow, roundtable, seminar, skull session (also skull practice), symposium, talkathon; chat, conversation, rap, words; discourse, disquisition; bargaining, consultancy, negotiation, pourparler
[/i]

If CNN promotes an Agenda instead of a Real Debate -- they will certainly deserve the no more than 3 Million or so viewers they will get tonight.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:33 PM

325 posts, read 255,857 times
I'll go with 34 million.
I think there is going to be a LOT of interest in this one.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:38 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Trump's live tweeting may encourage more to tune in to see what he's commenting on.

Old 10-13-2015, 05:00 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Trump's live tweeting may encourage more to tune in to see what he's commenting on.
Whatever.

You should write Trump's Bible. Everything is created by Trump. The world revolves around Trump. Trump will takes us to the promise land. Trump is our savior. He will give away all of his fortune to the American people but get it back 3 days later.

The ratings should be low. No clown this time.

Old 10-13-2015, 05:21 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
The debate is about an hour away. So is the Dodgers-NY Mets game. Wonder which the two most populated cities in America will watch....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.