Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 05:55 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,587,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
It is sad to see uneducated struggling republicans that only care about guns, creationism, gays, same sex marriage. IN the meantime they are getting the shaft in economic issues. Or they pretend to hate democrats because they perceive liberals as the party of gays, minorities, and agnostics.
The Dumbing Down of America is deliberate, targeted, and highly effective. When I see poor whites voting Republican (and there are tons of them where I live) I am reminded of the wicked effectiveness of conditioning the masses with ideology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 08:44 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,381,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The Dumbing Down of America is deliberate, targeted, and highly effective. When I see poor whites voting Republican (and there are tons of them where I live) I am reminded of the wicked effectiveness of conditioning the masses with ideology.
It is avery interesting phenomenon. These republicans are not exactly swimming in money and they are very xenophobic because migrants take jobs away from them. That tells me they come from the lower social strata and yet they defend the interests of the billionaires or simply vote republican because they don't want to be associated with the party of the gays, blacks, etc.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:04 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,440,192 times
Quote:
It is avery interesting phenomenon. These republicans are not exactly swimming in money and they are very xenophobic because migrants take jobs away from them. That tells me they come from the lower social strata and yet they defend the interests of the billionaires or simply vote republican because they don't want to be associated with the party of the gays, blacks, etc.
We are a 2 party system, if you do not agree with powers in charge you would vote Rep.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
We are a 2 party system, if you do not agree with powers in charge you would vote Rep.
Both parties work for the big mega-corporations. Middle class folks are not represented by them.

Trump mentioned this very early on.
Sanders says the same thing.

But, the economy tends to be much better when the Democrats win the presidency.

Old 10-25-2015, 12:00 AM

89,477 posts, read 45,163,245 times
Quote:
Both parties work for the big mega-corporations. Middle class folks are not represented by them.

Trump mentioned this very early on.
Sanders says the same thing.

But, the economy tends to be much better when the Democrats win the presidency.
Much better for whom?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1419008

America’s wealth gap between middle-income and upper-income families is widest on record | Pew Research Center

That's what you voted for? Wider income and wealth gaps? Why?

Old 10-25-2015, 05:34 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,378,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Income Inequality Worse Under Obama Than George W. Bush

Old 10-25-2015, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Income Inequality Worse Under Obama Than George W. Bush

Old 10-25-2015, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sure, both parties work for the mega billionaires. And the salaries of the middle class go down because a successful stock market does not create jobs or prosperity among many. We are in the middle of a progression where the middle class is drifting down into the poor class. And Obama or anyone cannot do a thing about this as long as both parties work for the mega-corporations.

Since you defend this system I am going to assume you belong to corporate America.

Do you think Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump are correct in pointing out how congress is in the hands or the mega corporations?

I do not mind the rich getting richer, no big deal. The issue is that the middle class is drifting to poverty.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Sure, both parties work for the mega billionaires. And the salaries of the middle class go down because a successful stock market does not create jobs or prosperity among many.
It was artificially inflated. I do not know how anyone could consider that "successful".

Quote:
We are in the middle of a progression where the middle class is drifting down into the poor class. And Obama or anyone cannot do a thing about this as long as both parties work for the mega-corporations.

Since you defend this system I am going to assume you belong to corporate America.
You would be showing your ignorance.

Quote:
Do you think Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump are correct in pointing out how congress is in the hands or the mega corporations?

I do not mind the rich getting richer, no big deal. The issue is that the middle class is drifting to poverty.
I see my point has missed you. Probably not though. You complain about the Republicans voting against their best interest and I simply pointed out that the (D)'s have also.......if you so dislike the corporations, why vote to support them? Why do you allow your vote to be bought? A corporation doesn't own a single vote.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It was artificially inflated. I do not know how anyone could consider that "successful".

You would be showing your ignorance.

I see my point has missed you. Probably not though. You complain about the Republicans voting against their best interest and I simply pointed out that the (D)'s have also.......if you so dislike the corporations, why vote to support them? Why do you allow your vote to be bought? A corporation doesn't own a single vote.
A corporation does not vote. They simply buy congressmen and senators. I cannot believe you fail to see this. Why do you think medicines are so expensive in the USA and cheap in the rest of the world? The Pharma industry owns congress! But, more importantly why do you defend this.

Everybody knows the stock market is artificially high, so what is your point?

I ask again: Do you think Bernie Sanders is correct on this issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections