Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 09:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,600,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbolishTheIRS View Post
I know so many libs who absolutely hate Trump and didn't believe he had a serious chance at winning the Republican nomination, much less the presidency. Now it looks like he has a better shot than anyone else, may actually win. It enrages liberals to think that Americans realize Obama was a miserable failure and want to go back to a policy of economic nationalism, strict immigration policy, etcetera.
Really? Other than his inflammatory rhetoric about how he's going to oust all the illegals ~ he's probably the least threatening Republican candidate to a Democrat. Namely, he's not a religious fanatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
No clue. How mad were you when Obama won? Twice? We're certainly a country divided, with folks threatening to "leave" with each election, but we're still here aren't we!
Remember all those posters threatening to leave the country when Obama won? Hahaha. That is the DUMBEST thing ever because we all know they are not leaving. In fact, most are still right here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Liberals have always always self-righteous and unreasonable -- but they really went off the deep end when Bush beat Gore in 2000.

They've been foaming at the mouth ever since.

Now they are dealing with a guy who fights back and couldn't care less what they think or say.

I think they'll go totally insane if Trump wins.

Mmmm, yummy.
Really? Were you on CD when Obama won twice? Oh my Lord, I have NEVER seen such moaning, groaning, crying, cursing, tearing their hair out and threatening succession in my entire life. Ever.

Good Lord. It was the silliest display I have EVER seen.

Whoever is elected won't faze me in the least. I will continue to breathe in and out and live my life like I have done through numerous elections. I count on no politician to impact my daily life.

Calm down.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:56 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,566,566 times
Once the illegals are legalized, Dems will drop their courting of the white youth vote. It was all BS anyway.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:00 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,987,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Once the illegals are legalized, Dems will drop their courting of the white youth vote. It was all BS anyway.
It's fascinating getting a glimpse of what's going around the right-wing noise machine.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:02 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,318,655 times
I will laugh, because at least we will have four years of comic relief . I think even most Republicans would groan if he won to be honest.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:07 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,122,578 times
He won't win due to our idiotic electoral voting system. Hillary will win the large population states since they are full of minorities. The only large state Trump might win is Texas. Winning Idaho, Kansas, etc won't get it done. It's an unfortunate truth.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:13 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,318,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
He won't win due to our idiotic electoral voting system. Hillary will win the large population states since they are full of minorities. The only large state Trump might win is Texas. Winning Idaho, Kansas, etc won't get it done. It's an unfortunate truth.
Yes, the fact is that the Republicans have less and less states to count on reliably anymore. Ohio is up for grabs ,as is Florida, Virginia, and Colorado. The Dems don't have to win a lot of states to carry an election, but the Republicans have to do far better in order to carry theirs. That's the Republicans fault though for placing all their faith in one shrinking voting block. That works great in midterms, but less so in the general election.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:21 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,149,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Yes, the fact is that the Republicans have less and less states to count on reliably anymore. Ohio is up for grabs ,as is Florida, Virginia, and Colorado. The Dems don't have to win a lot of states to carry an election, but the Republicans have to do far better in order to carry theirs. That's the Republicans fault though for placing all their faith in one shrinking voting block. That works great in midterms, but less so in the general election.
Depending on the fringe vote to get elected is rarely successful.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:27 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,122,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Ohio is supposedly always in question, but they always go Democrat. I seriously doubt Florida will go Republican either. I support neither party- they're all crooks. I just think by and large- Republicans are the lesser of two evils.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:45 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,197,438 times
With current predictions, the R's would have to win every toss up state to win the necessary electoral votes. Regarding Trump, I don't personally hate him. I find him vulgar and appealing to the lowest common denominator. But, I'd prefer him over one of the nominees running on a Christian "Taliban" platform. Anyway, it doesn't look good for the R's. Peace.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:58 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,940,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
from past experience the Dems act a whole lot more like responsible adults and accept the new president -with out trying to impeach the whole darn party
right because democrats were so calm and collected after gore lost to bush in 2000. sorry but they went off the deep end, and if they had the majority in the house, they would have impeached bush. we know this because they called for bushs impeachment almost since day one in office.

and because they couldnt impeach bush, they made everything he did seem as bad as possible and laid a lot of crap at his feet despite the fact that much of it was started during the clinton years, things like the housing bubble collapse for instance. and hen bush tried to make changes to prevent to collapse, the democrats blocked every effort by lying to the public about the housing bubble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections