Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:26 AM

216 posts, read 723,675 times

Advertisements

There is a difference between "illegals" and "immigrants"....those that have done it the right way and spent time to work hard, petition for resident status, and pay the price along the way are not happy about "illegals" either. Last month I was in a conversation with a Construction Manager for a large Firm. He said this: "Thank god for my Mexican workers (they are legal, by the way), they do the work of 3 and I would never finish my jobs on time without them. That is what Barack means when he says "it is a cop out" that people like to blame immigrants for their loss of jobs. No one wants to face the fact that they just might not work as hard and respect the fact that they have a job. The bottom line is employers need to be held accountable for making sure documentation is legal and they are hiring legal workers, regardless of where they came from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 01:06 PM

383 posts, read 722,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1980 View Post
Yes this has been one of african americans biggest complaints but since obama said it is not true he is allowed to get away with it. But had it been hillary she would have once again been called a racist liar. Obama has to feel so lucky because he gets to escape dealing with any real issues because he has sold so many gullible americans false hope lol.
Im black and i don't care about immigration one bit. So i don't know about how that is one of the biggest complaints from blacks. Whites who mostly are republican are the one's who are very passionate about the immigration issue. And i agree 100% with obama nobody wanted to hire young black males in the inner city before. So to blame it on immigration because its become a big issue. It is a cop out because whites and blacks and other races do construction or hard labor jobs to. But to try to act like its affecting blacks is a cop out. Go obama for 08! People don't want to hire young black males from the inner city and it has nothing to do with immigration. It has to do with prejudice and racism.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:31 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 605,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoeboy View Post
Im black and i don't care about immigration one bit. So i don't know about how that is one of the biggest complaints from blacks. Whites who mostly are republican are the one's who are very passionate about the immigration issue. And i agree 100% with obama nobody wanted to hire young black males in the inner city before. So to blame it on immigration because its become a big issue. It is a cop out because whites and blacks and other races do construction or hard labor jobs to. But to try to act like its affecting blacks is a cop out. Go obama for 08! People don't want to hire young black males from the inner city and it has nothing to do with immigration. It has to do with prejudice and racism.
We should ALL be against ILLEGAL immigration. When people are here illegally, it allows, as Hillary says, business owners (both large and small) to EXPLOIT people; They directly exploit the illegals themselves, and indirectly exploit ALL of us with the lowering of the working wages.

Until I heard Hillary's ideas on the Illegals that are already here, I was not in favor of any sort of an "amnesty" plan. However, after hearing her and thinking a bit more about it, her plan makes sense. We simply cannot just "deport them all".

Illegal Immigration IS a problem, and it needs to be addressed in a humane fashion. After all, the "Illegals" are people, not livestock or products to be exploited by Big Business. Big business has been exploiting us all for far too long, regardless of whether we are white, black or latino.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections