Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 10:45 AM

401 posts, read 287,725 times

Advertisements

I didn't suggest a database-a reporter did. We must defeat Islamic terrorism & have surveillance, including a watch list, to protect America

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 20, 2015

So, the Trumpster gets his national security plans from reporters.....grrreeeaaaaatt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 11:00 AM

472 posts, read 669,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Please post the link to the full video of this topic, because you will find Trump was talking about a wall and the press was talking data bases. Press made it up and if you post a video link all can see.
I read the news on Yahoo. I didn't do homework so you could be right.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:06 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
At the end of this video you will find that ABC News, begrudgingly, admits that Trump didn't say it. Though they can't leave it at that and their pundit had to add. ... "he didn't deny it either". LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Here is your evidence. LOL!

Skip forward to 1:10. As I said, Dickerson absolutely said that Trump didn't say it. Trump says he didn't say it. It was a hit job from NBC.

Donald Trump Would 'Certainly Implement' a Registry of Muslims - ABC News

Old 11-21-2015, 12:11 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Should we have a database of all white people since they commit most mass shootings?

Perhaps a database of Christians so we know who to look for when some nut shoots up a Unitarian church or bombs an abortion clinic?

And this is where you're 100% wrong.

ISIS needs a west that hates and fears all Muslims. In their eyes, it has two good effects. It breeds resentment among Muslims, making them easier to radicalize. And it takes away their ability to get out of a horrible situation where the only options are to submit to extremists or die.

Islam is derived from the Arabic root "Salema": peace, purity, submission and obedience.

Muslims have submitted or the wouldn't be considered Muslims. What the extremist want is Non Muslims to submit or die. You will be in their database until you are Muslim or dead. They update their database with the sword daily. Being Muslim won't save you either. You need to belong to the sect that has a sword at your neck or you don't qualify. Muslims have killed more Muslims than the west ever has for that very reason. Trying to appease them won't save you. You must submit. With over 200 million estimated to be radicalize already inviting them into your neighborhood is risky at best.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:17 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
We will all be safer when the NSA has a database with everything about each citizen in a quickly accessible system. Your religious preference, your med records, your arrest records, your driving records, your fingerprints, DNA and retina scan, the firearms you own and when you last purchased ammo, this will of course make life much safer for all citizens and wont cost much since they are already doing most of this.

DNA and Retina Scans of everyone in the USA? And it won't cost much?

Isn't there backlog of rape kits that haven't been processed for DNA due to time/cost? Now we do it x 300 million people. Will the DNA be taken from the baby at the time of birth? Or do we get cards in the mail with appointment times? What's the penalty for folks that refuse to give their DNA?

Old 11-21-2015, 12:33 PM

401 posts, read 287,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
DNA and Retina Scans of everyone in the USA? And it won't cost much?

Isn't there backlog of rape kits that haven't been processed for DNA due to time/cost? Now we do it x 300 million people. Will the DNA be taken from the baby at the time of birth? Or do we get cards in the mail with appointment times? What's the penalty for folks that refuse to give their DNA?
This will be made mandatory under Obamacare, everyone will get it done for free at their annual checkup. Failure to comply is not an option.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:49 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
All this database stuff is a bunch on nonsense.

The largest database is birth cirt. record. I don't know if it's the same in every state but on mine there is a box to record religion.

When someone legally immigrates to this country they are required to submit a form that ask what your religion is among other questions, and nothing can remain blank or it will be rejected. You forfeit all fees paid and have to start the process over. They make that very clear.

For those that come in as refugees without documentation of COB I see no problem creating whatever is necessary to identify them with the same information as a COB.

I had to produce my COB to get a drivers lic. Should they want to drive why should my requirements be stricter than an immigrants ?

Last edited by phma; 11-21-2015 at 12:58 PM..

Old 11-21-2015, 01:13 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,422,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fengxg View Post
I read the news on Yahoo. I didn't do homework so you could be right.
He's not right. Trump wasn't the one who suggested the database, but he sure as hell agreed with it.

When asked how this plan (that he agreed with) differed from what the Nazis did, all he could muster was a "you tell me".

Trump's backpedaling would make an NFL cornerback proud.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:53 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
This idea will be Trump's Waterloo
How many Waterloos does he have?

Old 11-21-2015, 01:57 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Should we have a database of all white people since they commit most mass shootings?
What he said in Alabama today made this entire thread obsolete. Before coming here and posting outdated stuff first watch the news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections