Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2015, 11:23 AM

26,581 posts, read 14,498,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
days: 14

endorsements: 3
at this point i think it's a pretty safe bet to say that we'll never see a list of pastors endorsing trump from the trump campaign.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:33 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,143,864 times
Quote:
at this point i think it's a pretty safe bet to say that we'll never see a list of pastors endorsing trump from the trump campaign.
Please keep on going. This thread getting bumped up every day brings smile to my face.

Mick

Old 12-14-2015, 11:33 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,217,268 times
Quote:
days: 10

endorsements: 3
I mean this lightly, jokingly and j/k: You must be a great demolition man with that wrecking ball.

But what if you're throwing that wrecking ball into empty space?

So instead of saying "x" days = "x" endorsements why not compare all the candidates of this?

Old 12-14-2015, 04:27 PM

26,581 posts, read 14,498,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
....why not compare all the candidates of this?
have any of the other candidates claimed to have had endorsements before they got the endorsement?

Old 12-14-2015, 04:43 PM

73,139 posts, read 62,835,394 times
Quote:
I concur with this. Trump claimed he could get the Black vote. The over all signs point to the opposite.

Old 12-14-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, they didn't. With Reagan only 3 million were amnestied and he thought it would only be 300,000 with the promise by a Democrat controlled congress to secure the border and that it would be the last amnesty. Yeah, right! Well, that didn't happen did it? When did Bush pick Hispanics over blacks? The Bushs' have a lot of Hispanics in their family. Jeb is married to one and he said that illegals coming here is an "act of love" and he favors amnesty for them so yes he is picking Hispanics over blacks. I certainly wouldn't vote for him. It was Ted Kennedy the Democrat that flooded our country with immigrants that also depleted job opportunities for all Americans. Yet blacks still mostly vote Democrat.

The GOP wants every able bodied American to have a job. The Democrats instead want the cheap, illegal labor to remain here and give welfare to the unemployed instead. Blacks have high unemployment. Surely they'd rather be working instead of collecting welfare? Illegals have replaced the blue-collared black and white American workers and you're ok with that? You'd vote for that to continue?
Based on the top paragraph, both parties have many politicians who are pro-illegal. You cannot saying that only the Democrats want cheap labor. Both parties put everyone else above Blacks. Reagan and Bush tried harder to get the Hispanic vote than they did for the Black vote. Basically, Bush Jr had a point. Blacks choke on the elephant, but struggle to swallow the donkey. That convinces me neither party cares. Blacks have basically done worse than everyone else no matter if there is Republican or a Democrat in office, even with some of the progress many Blacks have made.

And why is it your concern who Blacks vote for?

Old 12-14-2015, 05:10 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,729,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I concur with this. Trump claimed he could get the Black vote. The over all signs point to the opposite.
He will get some.
  • Obama got 95% of the African American vote.
  • Hillary is currently polling around ~78% of this same vote.
That's a pretty significant drop.

Old 12-14-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He will get some.
  • Obama got 95% of the African American vote.
  • Hillary is currently polling around ~78% of this same vote.
That's a pretty significant drop.
When I hear someone say "the Black vote", I assume they mean the majority of Black votes. Hillary Clinton did better among Blacks until President Obama won Iowa. Once that happened, Blacks got behind him.

As it is, more and more Blacks are registering independent. The number of registered Black Republicans and Black Democrats has been dropping. Black independents are on the rise. I don't think Trump will do that well. In fact, the Republican who has done the best among African-Americans is John Kasich, former governor of Ohio. Oddly enough, a White Republican mayor in Cleveland did very well among African-Americans, George Voinovich.

Can the Republicans win black votes in 2016? - BBC News

Old 12-14-2015, 08:21 PM

63,123 posts, read 29,304,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Based on the top paragraph, both parties have many politicians who are pro-illegal. You cannot saying that only the Democrats want cheap labor. Both parties put everyone else above Blacks. Reagan and Bush tried harder to get the Hispanic vote than they did for the Black vote. Basically, Bush Jr had a point. Blacks choke on the elephant, they struggle to swallow the donkey. That convinces me neither party cares. Blacks have basically done worse than everyone else no matter if there is Republican or a Democrat in office, even with some of the progress many Blacks have made.

And why is it your concern who Blacks vote for?

The Democrats overall are the biggest panderers for the Hispanics vote via their promises of amnesty. Obama even went overboard on it by his actions is recent years.

I care that there is high unemployment among blacks because they are my fellow citizens and it can't be much of a life without having a job and getting ahead in this world. Illegal aliens have taken blue-collared jobs from them just as whites but it is more of a problem with blacks. One cannot deny that black unemployment rose with the influx of millions of illegal aliens. So why back a party that is absolutely in favor of it remaining that way?

Old 12-15-2015, 05:42 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,216,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The Democrats overall are the biggest panderers for the Hispanics vote via their promises of amnesty. Obama even went overboard on it by his actions is recent years.

I care that there is high unemployment among blacks because they are my fellow citizens and it can't be much of a life without having a job and getting ahead in this world. Illegal aliens have taken blue-collared jobs from them just as whites but it is more of a problem with blacks. One cannot deny that black unemployment rose with the influx of millions of illegal aliens. So why back a party that is absolutely in favor of it remaining that way?

Nobody wants to even look at how automation is supposed to replace one third of American workers in the next ten years: Smart robots will take over a third of jobs by 2025, Gartner says | PBS NewsHour. Note that is one of the PBS links because they cannot read Fox or Breitbart. But, the question is: how can we sustain the current immigration figures if our jobs are disappearing? At sometime in the future we might have to require immigrants to have a set capitol worth before they are allowed in; like Australia. But these are issues that have to be addressed and they will not go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.