Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2015, 05:56 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,149,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He will get some.
  • Obama got 95% of the African American vote.
  • Hillary is currently polling around ~78% of this same vote.
That's a pretty significant drop.
Since 1976, no Democrat has ever gotten less than 88% of the black vote. Not even Dukakis or Mondale! Hillary is pretty popular with African-Americans, and her husband is still off the charts with them . . . and the native son Obama will be brought out to extol the virtues of preserving his legacy. You can tell yourself that Mr. Trump is different, but you know what they say about those who ignore history . . . .

But it is probably moot . . . if Mr. Trump keeps denigrating the Hispanics and threatens to ram down the door and capture their grandma gestapo-style at 2 a.m., they will come out to vote in record numbers for sure. Wouldn't you? Just recall how much outrage from not just the Hispanics, but the general public, was generated from that one famous picture from Elian Gonzalez. Times 11 million.

Mick

Old 12-15-2015, 10:09 AM

20,135 posts, read 16,239,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He will get some.
  • Obama got 95% of the African American vote.
  • Hillary is currently polling around ~78% of this same vote.
That's a pretty significant drop.
That doesn't mean those votes would go to Trump. They could be for Sanders, or like my aunt and uncles, for Ben Carson. In my case, that vote will never go to Trump.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:12 AM

47,049 posts, read 26,153,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
So instead of saying "x" days = "x" endorsements why not compare all the candidates of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
have any of the other candidates claimed to have had endorsements before they got the endorsement?
A valid point. lol-its-good4U, where are the comparable examples?

Old 12-15-2015, 11:53 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,509,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
.... where are the comparable examples?
wish there were but..... no such luck in this or any other presidential election i know of. if i'm wrong and there are other historical examples i'd dig to hear about them.

but, i suspect this BS is unique to trump.

Old 12-16-2015, 10:38 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,509,203 times
"[ Corey Lewandowski ] said he was not sure when exactly the list of pastors throwing their support behind Trump would be released, saying he is working with them to secure a list and date. "

-December 1, 2015

Trump Campaign Touts 'Dozens' of Endorsements From Black Pastors - Bloomberg Politics

Old 12-16-2015, 10:46 AM

73,202 posts, read 62,905,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The Democrats overall are the biggest panderers for the Hispanics vote via their promises of amnesty. Obama even went overboard on it by his actions is recent years.

I care that there is high unemployment among blacks because they are my fellow citizens and it can't be much of a life without having a job and getting ahead in this world. Illegal aliens have taken blue-collared jobs from them just as whites but it is more of a problem with blacks. One cannot deny that black unemployment rose with the influx of millions of illegal aliens. So why back a party that is absolutely in favor of it remaining that way?
Many Republican politicians are behind this too. Why not just admit that BOTH parties are doing this.

Truth is, Blacks do worse than anyone else, whether there is Democrat or a Republican in office. Illegals might be taking the blue collar jobs. That said, Mississippi doesn't have many illegal aliens, it's a Republican state, and the unemployment rate among Blacks there is astronomical.

And another truth. Blacks have higher unemployment rates than anyone else, even with taking into account the fields where illegal aliens are seldom found. Even in the white collar fields, many Blacks still have to compete for jobs.

The way I see it, neither party is doing much good for Blacks.

Old 12-16-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
wish there were but..... no such luck in this or any other presidential election i know of. if i'm wrong and there are other historical examples i'd dig to hear about them.

but, i suspect this BS is unique to trump.
I would look at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpvvcF7EBwc

Old 12-16-2015, 10:50 AM

13,722 posts, read 9,057,663 times
Quote:
"[ Corey Lewandowski ] said he was not sure when exactly the list of pastors throwing their support behind Trump would be released, saying he is working with them to secure a list and date. "

-December 1, 2015

Trump Campaign Touts 'Dozens' of Endorsements From Black Pastors - Bloomberg Politics

Yes. It has been two weeks since then, and no list.

However, lists are very, very difficult to create, especially when there are more than 3 names to list. If you are talking about, say, 40 names. it can indeed take quite a while to prepare a list of names. More than that? Virtually impossible to create in a short period of time.

I am sure that Mr. Trump's best people are working in shifts to try to create the list. No doubt, Mr. Trump will have the final say on how the list of names of black pastors is to be prepared: last name, alphabetically? Or, first name, alphabetically? Perhaps Mr. Trump will surprise all by having the endorsements listed by geographical region, or by the number of people in the congregation represented by each pastor. Food preference is another possibility. Those that prefer diary products, for instance, may be listed first, followed by the vegetarians, then the soul food category.

In the words of Mr. Trump: "It will be a great list. The greatest list ever compiled. No one will be able to beat my list". I imagine that papers to copyright the list are also being prepared to file.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:38 AM

63,267 posts, read 29,364,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Many Republican politicians are behind this too. Why not just admit that BOTH parties are doing this.

Truth is, Blacks do worse than anyone else, whether there is Democrat or a Republican in office. Illegals might be taking the blue collar jobs. That said, Mississippi doesn't have many illegal aliens, it's a Republican state, and the unemployment rate among Blacks there is astronomical.

And another truth. Blacks have higher unemployment rates than anyone else, even with taking into account the fields where illegal aliens are seldom found. Even in the white collar fields, many Blacks still have to compete for jobs.

The way I see it, neither party is doing much good for Blacks.

Did you not read what I said? The Democrats are the most guilty of supporting illegal aliens. I didn't say that some Republicans aren't. I am talking strictly about blue-collared jobs here that illegal aliens have taken from both blacks and whites. Blacks can't afford to lose those jobs to them. Many are poor and not as well educated as whites. Mississippi is a southern state. The south hasn't been very tolerant of blacks and a lot more discriminating than states not in the south. Doesn't matter if it's blue or red....it's in the south. I can't for the life of me understand why blacks support Obama and the Democrats on this issue. Obama has given 5 million illegal aliens a stay of deportation along with work permits. How many of those jobs could blacks have had if he enforced our immigration laws instead?

Old 12-16-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Did you not read what I said? The Democrats are the most guilty of supporting illegal aliens. I didn't say that some Republicans aren't. I am talking strictly about blue-collared jobs here that illegal aliens have taken from both blacks and whites. Blacks can't afford to lose those jobs to them. Many are poor and not as well educated as whites. Mississippi is a southern state. The south hasn't been very tolerant of blacks and a lot more discriminating than states not in the south. Doesn't matter if it's blue or red....it's in the south. I can't for the life of me understand why blacks support Obama and the Democrats on this issue. Obama has given 5 million illegal aliens a stay of deportation along with work permits. How many of those jobs could blacks have had if he enforced our immigration laws instead?
Well, unemployment rates among Blacks go beyond blue collar. Even White collar blacks have higher unemployment rates compared to othet groups.

I'm not convinced that voting Republican will give more jobs to Blacks. It is up to the employer to hire or not hire. Some people have admitted they would rather hire an illegal immigrant over a Black person.

I have read. And based on what I've seen and experienced, Blacks are the most looked down on group in the USA. Yes, there has been progress for Blacks. That said, there are those who will only hire Blacks if they have no other choice.

You find no problem being critical of Democrats. But what benefitbhas tje Republican party been to Blacks in recent years in terms of who is President?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections