Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 06:44 AM

26,069 posts, read 22,268,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I find this fascinating. Even before this election cycle has a chance to get fully fired up, Trump is neutralizing Hillary's gender card. Either he's a clever guy or he has some really smart advisers.
Hillary neutralized her own gender card long ago. As a woman, I don't identify with her on any level, think she is an embarrassment to all women and should lease Bill and go home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Mmmmmm, yeah, great political strategy.....Republicans should go for it!

Only one problem with that, women, including myself, are not voting for Hillary just because she is a woman.

Think about it.....how many women who would vote for Hillary would also vote for Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman or Carly Fiorina?

I'll tell you how many......NONE.

But hey, keep bashing women over things like how long they take to use the restroom.....I'm sure it will win over women voters!
Actually, that isn't true. There are people so blinded by their personal issues that they vote basically solely on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
So Clinton is playing her gender card to appeal to women and Trump is playing his bigot card to appeal to bigots. Huckabee thumps the Bible to appeal to evangelicals. What's the difference? It's all politics of division while the issues of the day are being ignored.
Has it has been established, Trump is not playing a bigot card but since you have nothing of substance, you just keep hanging onto that. And, you forgot Cruz, the one combining narcissism and the Bible to try to win the election, using God to get him there. And, Trump is not ignoring the issues that need to be addressed for the well-being of the country and that is why it doesn't matter who plays a gender card or thumps their chest with one hand and the Bible with the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The strategic key is to make this about her more than him. Whenever she attempts to 'Play the Woman's Card,' that provides a hand-inscribed invitation by her to do just that.

And let's not forget, the Woman's Card has been the core pillar of her campaign strategy right from the jump. LOL.
She played it against Bernie. But, she has nothing else so she plays what she has. This is not the kind of woman most would want to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
A recent poll found that 58% of women age 18-54 have a very negative view of Trump.
I couldn't find the sample size or details on this. Could you find them in the referenced article? And, those over 55 are more likely to actually vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
He's been playing the alpha male card.
Then you feel gender is important if you claim that Trump is playing the alpha male card. He is a strong and successful male and people are just going to have to get over it. Hillary is a proven liability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 06:44 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,742,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
So we blame a person for not leaving her husband?
False Question.

The question, is can we blame a person for not leaving her adulterous husband, while she parades around claiming to be a champion for woman's rights and supporter of those sexually abused. A person who not only clings to the adulterer, but who has railroaded other women in order to hide and protect that adulterer's reputation.

Answer: Yes. We can blame her.

Glad you asked.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:48 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,220,420 times
Quote:
So we blame a person for not leaving her husband? I guess no conservative woman has stayed after a spousal betrayal for the sake of their marriage (remember something insignificant called a marriage vows - sickness or health thinggie) or, especially for the sake of their kid(s), or as the Bible calls, forgive human failings. Or maybe, as a Christian, she simply doesn't believe in a divorce. Hillary has a lot of worts, but it is ridiculous to say that her honoring her other vows and obligations to God and family disqualify her from serving as POTUS. No one can deny that there are many competing considerations in situations like that, it's not as simple as let's quit and get a divorce if your marriage vows and the Bible meant anything.

Mick
I agree with what you said about GOD, Divorce, Bible, etc.

Having said the above imo she doesn't give a hoot about that, she gives a hoot about her political aspirations and is why she stayed married to Bill amongst all the corrupt, criminal and dead blood he has on his hands from when he was governor through his presidency.

Any other sane woman would have left a man like this and would have Biblical grounds from Bill's "x" times over adultery alone to leave him.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:53 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,556,016 times
Quote:
So we blame a person for not leaving her husband? I guess no conservative woman has stayed after a spousal betrayal for the sake of their marriage (remember something insignificant called a marriage vows - sickness or health thinggie) or, especially for the sake of their kid(s), or as the Bible calls, forgive human failings. Or maybe, as a Christian, she simply doesn't believe in a divorce. Hillary has a lot of worts, but it is ridiculous to say that her honoring her other vows and obligations to God and family disqualify her from serving as POTUS. No one can deny that there are many competing considerations in situations like that, it's not as simple as let's quit and get a divorce if your marriage vows and the Bible meant anything.

Mick
LOL. Strawman alert.

No, but she should be called out for her role in enabling and protecting a sexual abuser of women and now fronting her campaign with the same. Her credibility as a leader against a supposed "war on women" is non-existent. In fact, this is a weakness of hers and not a strength. Every time she attempts to invoke the 'The Woman's Card', which is of course the central pillar of the strategy for her campaign, people need to be reminded of this.

For these things she is responsible and must be held accountable. Clearly, it appears that she will be, which is good news for us all. If she thinks she can still win the race with this albatross around her neck and with the central reason for her campaign crumbled to dust, then let's see her try.

Of course the hypocritical leftist feminist types will still vote for her, because that movement was always more about liberal politics than women's rights anyway, just like the AGW alarmism movement is also. If it is otherwise, these people will shun her like the repulsive self-serving hypocrite that she is. The proof will be in the pudding.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:21 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,358,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

Of course the hypocritical leftist feminist types will still vote for her, because that movement was always more about liberal politics than women's rights anyway, just like the AGW alarmism movement is also.
That's true. Many of the posters here wouldn't vote for a Republican under any circumstance, but many want Hillary just because she’s a woman. I suspect Trump and his advisers have decided to take the gender card and hang it around her neck before she has a chance to tag him with it. Along the way, they neutralize Bill Clinton by reminding everyone what a true sleazebag the guy really is. Like the WSJ writes, Hillary wants to use her gender both as a sword and a shield against GOP politicians. The Clinton War on Women - WSJ

But they haven't seen anything like Trump. One of his appeals to a lot of Republicans is his willingness to mix it up with the Clintons. And I've noticed stories like this are starting to surface again Bill Clinton identified in lawsuit against pedophile Jeffrey Epstein | Daily Mail Online

It's going to be a rugged election year.

Last edited by Dockside; 12-30-2015 at 07:22 AM.. Reason: Sp

Old 12-30-2015, 07:40 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,602,626 times
By 'playing the woman card' do you mean she called out the Trumpster for saying she got schlonged and then said her bathroom habits were disgusting?

That 'woman card'?

Old 12-30-2015, 07:58 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,742,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That 'woman card'?
Nope. This Woman Card....

Hillary Says to "Town Hall"
'Every survivor of sexual assault deserves to be heard, believed, and supported,'
So person in audience asks Hillary this question.....
'You say that all rape victims should be believed, but would you say that about Juanita Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey, and/or Paula Jones?'
Hillary's response? Laughter.

Hillary Clinton LAUGHS OFF question: Are her husband's sex-abuse accusers telling the truth? | Daily Mail Online

Old 12-30-2015, 08:08 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,220,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope. This Woman Card....

Hillary Says to "Town Hall"
'Every survivor of sexual assault deserves to be heard, believed, and supported,'
So person in audience asks Hillary this question.....
'You say that all rape victims should be believed, but would you say that about Juanita Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey, and/or Paula Jones?'
Hillary's response? Laughter.

Hillary Clinton LAUGHS OFF question: Are her husband's sex-abuse accusers telling the truth? | Daily Mail Online
Well THE PEOPLE should laugh after they don't vote for her, simple as it gets.

Too bad that we don't have enough (cough-cough) "Federal Law Enforcement" in so Hillary doesn't get to matter in this election.

Lets see how much she laughs once (hopefully) Mr. Trump gets finished with her. He'll give her a woman card but it'll be her butt.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:23 AM

16,744 posts, read 8,725,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Mmmmmm, yeah, great political strategy.....Republicans should go for it!

Only one problem with that, women, including myself, are not voting for Hillary just because she is a woman.

Think about it.....how many women who would vote for Hillary would also vote for Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman or Carly Fiorina?

I'll tell you how many......NONE.

But hey, keep bashing women over things like how long they take to use the restroom.....I'm sure it will win over women voters!

I think you are partially correct.

Clearly self proclaimed "feminists" and/or uber liberal women will not vote for a woman who is conservative, because they will not support a couple of issues like abortion on demand. However I don't think that is whom this election will rise or fall on.
Instead it will be the low information single women (whether they are pro life/choice or something in between) that Hillary is hoping will vote for her based on "being the first woman".
They might actually despise Hillary's decades of deceit, but might just say what the heck, "girl power".

Funny enough, I know a similar thing happened in my family back when JFK was running. He was the 1st Catholic who had a real shot of becoming president. My great aunt who was very conservative voted for him instead of the Nixon solely because "he was Catholic, to break the stigma". She said it was the biggest mistake of her life, and she regretted it for all her days (may God rest her sole). Obviously in retrospect she knew a Catholic would eventually become president, so why vote for the wrong one.

So rest assured there is sadly still ethnic/racial/religious/gender politics going on. Hillary is hoping to tap into enough of that to overcome her many flaws. Without it, she would have little to know chance considering her baggage.
The sad thing is that more liberals are not more principled. I could never vote for someone who lacked the integrity that she does, (R) or (D). I'd rather not vote if the person who most closely represented my views was such a deceitful political chameleon.

`

Old 12-30-2015, 10:08 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,942,207 times
Quote:
C'mon. You'd never be late coming back from the bathroom even if you had an explosive diarrhea because you would have enough foresight to wear Depend, huh? Why is anyone discussing how long someone takes to come back from the chitter? Does any sane people care?

Mick
Conditions like the one you've described are usually attributed to awful eating habits, uncontrollable nervousness often due to being unprepared for a speaking event or a medical condition. None of these situations apply to me, but if they did and I intended to be the leader of the free world I would wear a depend if that's what it took.
Donald is right, if she can't handle her bowel, it's unlikely she can handle the responsibilities that come with being the president.
Truth is-she wasn't having a problem with going to the bathroom, she was probably consulting her team (aka slick willy) on what to say next and I think she came back late on purpose to be disrespectful to her opponents. She's that much of a narcissist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections