Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 08:33 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

Robert Reich on GOP plans if Trump is winning

Topic # 8942 on why Trump won't last as a candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 08:40 AM

2,025 posts, read 4,177,058 times
That will guarantee the democrats winning in 16. Nobody I know wants Jeb or any of the other establishment candidates.

I honestly cannot understand what the GOP hopes to accomplish by deliberately ignoring a large chunk of their voters. At some point the party will fracture. Right now the only glue holding the GOP together is the concern over unfettered democrat rule and soon that won't be enough, and the GOP establishment can retire to the country club and wonder what went wrong?

Cruz would be an excellent choice. No matter what candidate has the "r' he or she is going to be savaged in the press and whatever candidate has the "d" they will be coddled, so we might as well end up with a real choice this year. Trump?Cruz vs Sanders, the polar opposites, let the wild rumpus begin!

Old 01-02-2016, 08:44 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So I follow Robert Reich on Facebook (no surprise to many of you familiar with me I imagine), he says some things I agree with, some I disagree with, but today he posted something sort of interesting. This is a small portion of the entire comment:
This is exactly the sort of nonsense that the GOP, and the DNC are doing lately to the candidates that challenge the establishment. This is insanely dangerous to a democracy. And I think that the GOP is vastly underestimating the outrage that will follow, as well as the lawsuits.

Believe me, I am no fan of Trump, but this nonsense demonstrates just how out of touch many at the top are.
And you related that you plan to vote for HRC if she lands in the general. Here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/poll-37121-your-2016-election-cycle-plans.html

Old 01-02-2016, 10:14 AM

1,050 posts, read 698,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Agree with the above posts. They cannot just wait until it's too late for them to file. They don't get it! It's a huge anti-establishment movement. Eff with it and pay the price. Trump supporters will not just bend over and vote for a hand picked establishment puppet candidate. If they pull any shenanigans, I along with most Trump supporters will either not vote at all or we will vote for Hillary in protest!

The Republicans would prefer that alternative (a Hillary win) if they felt their party had no chance to win the presidency.

What the establishment Repubs and Dems want is a continuation of our present governmental dynamics--above all they don't want change, business as usual.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:23 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Because he is a religious fundamentalist. Think Rick Santorum or Mike Huckabee.
But surely Cruz believes in and obeys separation of church and state.
Has he done anything as a senator that was from religious fanaticism?
I remember President Carter being very religious, but didn't break separation of church and state did it?

Old 01-02-2016, 10:25 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,381 times
If they do that, and the DNC plays games with Bernie Sanders as well, they will see such a rebellion of the voters, they will not know what hit them. Can they really be that much out of touch.

It crossed my mind that Reich may be saying that so donations to the RNC will stop, but assuming it's a true statement, watch out. Seems someone has forgotten who works for whom.

Add on: If we know this, then Trump knows it too. Wonder what he will do.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:32 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,558,564 times
And exactly why should anyone care what Robert Reich thinks or says?

Old 01-02-2016, 02:47 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
And you related that you plan to vote for HRC if she lands in the general. Here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/poll-37121-your-2016-election-cycle-plans.html
There wasn't a option to pick "will probably end up voting Clinton because most of the Republican choices are worse". Doesn't mean I absolutely will. And what exactly does this have to do with the topic? Oh right. absolutely nothing.

Take your nonsense elsewhere.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:48 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
And exactly why should anyone care what Robert Reich thinks or says?
This is not so much what he is saying, but rather what he was told. And given that, a LOT of people should care. I mean, if you like democracy at all.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:50 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Old Robert is behind the times......we've discussed this and the ramifications for months.

It's not going to happen. If the GOP did this they would cease to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections