Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 05:57 AM
BVH

944 posts, read 606,577 times

Advertisements

Finally...somebody else who thinks that Ronald Reagan was responsible for the destruction of the Republican party! I am still in shock that those who blindly support him haven't ACTUALLY dug him up and put him on the ballot! I laughed when that wrinkled old prune Nancy "directed" people at her beauty shop to the "what would Ronnie do" website! "Ronnie" has already done what so many of us waited for many years for him to do...R.I.P., Ronnie.

Great post, Kevk.

Last edited by BVH; 02-07-2008 at 06:17 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 05:59 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,646,233 times
Wait for the backlash in 2012, to the "new" Republican Party.....

Old 02-07-2008, 06:09 AM
BVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Wait for the backlash in 2012, to the "new" Republican Party.....
Yea, the Mayan's predicted 2000 years ago that 2012 is the end of the world! lol

Old 02-07-2008, 06:15 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,636,056 times
The new Republican party has not arrived. The real facts are that the liberal media has grown so big and slanted politics so badly that they have effectively put a liberal as a front runner in a party he doesn't belong in.

The fact that most of the people who support McCain on this board are liberals is very telling. They are all VERY happy their liberal media has pushed a liberal candidate in a party he doesn't belong.

Why wouldn't they be happy? 2008 will be the first time ever that 2 democrats ran against each other in the general election.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:17 AM
BVH

New Rule: When you give unwarranted negative reps, please sign your name to them. Be proud of your childishness. When somebody disagrees with you or doesn't worship Ronald Reagan, that does not equate to "Hate speech".

Contrary to what you may personally believe, Ronald Reagan, in fact, did a lot of terrible things to this country, the middle class, the working class, Gays, just to name a few...
Thank you!

Last edited by BVH; 02-07-2008 at 06:29 AM..

Old 02-07-2008, 06:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
But I can tell you that anybody in Europe or even Canada would laugh at you if you told them the U.S. Democract Party was "left wing" because they would consider our Democrat Party to be a far more conservative party in comparison to the Labour, Liberal and NDP parties.
Good thing I care didly squat about what those in Europe or Canada would do.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:59 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,166,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALteacher View Post
The New Republican Party Has Arrived! and you can have it buddy!!!
They don't know about what's coming.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:30 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,547,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
...the good old pro-slavery Democrats -- like Strom Thurmond, Robert Byrd, and all those Dixiecrats.
In my opinion, the Republican Party was permanently soiled when it graciously received pro-segregation and anti-Civil Rights Dixiecrats who had no stomach for such laws as the Voting Rights Act.

And when Ronald Reagan launched his presidential campaign in Philadephia, Mississippi, where the historically notorious murder of 3 civil rights workers occured just 12 years prior--and where Reagan repeated the antebellum battle cry of "States Rights"--that pretty much sealed the deal.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:56 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,200,840 times
And this people is what is wrong with politics. People whine and complain that politics are too partisan, yet when you view the peoples view of the world, they will choose the most extreme examples from each party.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:00 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,799,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
And this people is what is wrong with politics. People whine and complain that politics are too partisan, yet when you view the peoples view of the world, they will choose the most extreme examples from each party.

Congrats for perpetuating the very thing I hear most complain about. I think it is more about whining than winning.
Are you complaining about people whining, or whining about people complaining?

Seriously, though, I know what you are saying, just couldn't help myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections