Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 01:23 PM

11,831 posts, read 5,816,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I don't think playing the system and filing bankruptcy "4" times shows any business acumen at all!

I've known many successful business people that have indeed filed bankruptcy and have more today than they ever did before. Do I like it - no - but they use the systems in place to their advantages - and that's good business.

I have less respect for someone that can't keep it in his pants and makes a mockery of the Presidency - or someone wielding his golden pen because people don't want to play with him due to his I'm right - you're wrong attitude.

I think you all have to look in the mirror at your party and candidates before you call anyone out. But again - my party is not the party it was 20-30 years ago - instead of accepting and respecting differences of opinion - you're always on the attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 02:09 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,687,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I don't think playing the system and filing bankruptcy "4" times shows any business acumen at all!
Yup, Trump played the system and just fell right into that $.5 billion net worth. nope, no business acumen to see at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSjK2Oqrgic

Old 02-02-2016, 02:24 PM

65 posts, read 45,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Didn't he say he was going to buy a farm in Iowa? Alright, a "Green Acres" reality TV show.
Mocking other states..... you realize you live in.... Florida, the trailer park capital of America

Right?!?

Anyways, Whatever, Trump was cool and all, but I am supporting Bernie all the way so it does not matter to me

Old 02-02-2016, 02:24 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,088,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I've known many successful business people that have indeed filed bankruptcy and have more today than they ever did before. Do I like it - no - but they use the systems in place to their advantages - and that's good business.
Sure, it's good for the business filing. I worked for a small company that was a vendor of a very large entity that filed for bankruptcy. The small company lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in unpaid invoices--a significant amount of money for a small business--and never recovered. The large entity reorganized and, as you said, makes more today than they did before. Their executives never lost a moment's sleep because it simply didn't affect them personally. Unlike the few dozen or so of us who lost our jobs as a result.

Trump did this four times, leaving in his wake a number of vendors who provided goods and services to his business for which they were never paid. Many, I'm sure, suffered great hardship or went out of business as a result, with, no doubt, some jobs lost.

But hey, as long as Trump came out fine on the other end, with no personal consequences, it's all good, right? Not very ethical, but who cares about that? It's all within the law, after all. It is, as you insist, good business.

I have never once heard Trump express any remorse to his unpaid creditors or for the people his many bankruptcies harmed, have you? I doubt the great and mighty Donald Trump ever gave any of them a second thought.

Last edited by JAMS14; 02-02-2016 at 02:38 PM..

Old 02-02-2016, 02:27 PM

16,108 posts, read 10,775,000 times
I suspect he regrets playing footsy with Ted Cruz earlier in the race. Cruz is a viper and Trump didn't catch on until it was too late.

Old 02-02-2016, 03:23 PM

35,736 posts, read 21,093,433 times
I'm waiting to see how well he does _ LOOSING!!!

Old 02-02-2016, 06:47 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,854,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
How do you feel about it when both Hillary and Jeb Bush sing it's phrase and recommend it ?

Don't know what you're talking about, but I would say the same about anyone that has to file bankruptcy! Not a person I would trust in business, for damn sure!

Old 02-02-2016, 07:09 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I thought he did well. I am sure that won't sit well with the anti-Trumps. Trump works to know his audience. Let's face it, people on FB and Twitter are, well, let's just say that what he dishes out there feeds what they are, gossipy type mongers. He has the versatility to meet people at their own level, from the those at the bottom of the food chain to those at the top, thus the appeal.
I guess he who would be Commander in Chief can now meet former POWs on what he has called their level: LOSER!, eh?

Old 02-02-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Sure, it's good for the business filing. I worked for a small company that was a vendor of a very large entity that filed for bankruptcy. The small company lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in unpaid invoices--a significant amount of money for a small business--and never recovered. The large entity reorganized and, as you said, makes more today than they did before. Their executives never lost a moment's sleep because it simply didn't affect them personally. Unlike the few dozen or so of us who lost our jobs as a result.

Trump did this four times, leaving in his wake a number of vendors who provided goods and services to his business for which they were never paid. Many, I'm sure, suffered great hardship or went out of business as a result, with, no doubt, some jobs lost.

But hey, as long as Trump came out fine on the other end, with no personal consequences, it's all good, right? Not very ethical, but who cares about that? It's all within the law, after all. It is, as you insist, good business.

I have never once heard Trump express any remorse to his unpaid creditors or for the people his many bankruptcies harmed, have you? I doubt the great and mighty Donald Trump ever gave any of them a second thought.

Yep, he's an adulterous _ _ _ _ k with a capital "P"!

Old 02-02-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I guess he who would be Commander in Chief can now meet former POWs on what he has called their level: LOSER!, eh?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections