Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 08:10 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,548,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I never saw any reason to believe he was a believer in being a member of any party but the party of Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 08:11 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,548,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Didn't he say he was going to buy a farm in Iowa? Alright, a "Green Acres" reality TV show.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:32 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,648,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Trump panders shamelessly to whoever he's talking to, he has no genuine ideology, and he won't feel tied to anything he's said before, any more than he's tied to his previous positions on health care or abortion.
Donald Trump will soon betray the GOP

Can't wait! Good Riddance to bad rubbish!
Rubbish? Much like the article that you posted by Paul Waldman. You libs stoop to looking under rocks to find these sorry writers.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:38 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,853,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
What is he going to betray, their trust? There is nothing to betray!

Trump has been despised by the GOP. All the GOP talking heads on cable news and blogs, were trash talking Trump from day one, Brit Hume, Krauthammer, Rove, and the entire National Review crowd.

Read the paragraph that begins with "I say that because there's no reason to think that Trump won't turn on a dime the instant he has to face a general electorate, and begin advocating a whole new set of policies. " for your answer.

He is a total phony!

Old 02-02-2016, 10:28 PM

7,516 posts, read 5,761,591 times
Quote:
Trump panders shamelessly to whoever he's talking to, he has no genuine ideology, and he won't feel tied to anything he's said before, any more than he's tied to his previous positions on health care or abortion.
Donald Trump will soon betray the GOP

Can't wait! Good Riddance to bad rubbish!
Your confused. Trump has never pandered to anyone. Now, Ted PRAISE JEESUS MAA SAVYA Cruz in the other hand panders every find he opens his mouth.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:16 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
I don't think playing the system and filing bankruptcy "4" times shows any business acumen at all!
have you ever eaten hershey candy, visited a disney park, watched their movies, or even ridden in a Ford?

THEIR FOUNDERS ALL filed bankruptcy.

Thankfully, we no longer have to look at those business failings every single day.. right?

Old 02-02-2016, 11:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Don't know what you're talking about, but I would say the same about anyone that has to file bankruptcy! Not a person I would trust in business, for damn sure!
I'd actually trust someone who went bankrupt more than someone else who claims that debts unpatriot and that we need to go through the budget line by line, and then explode the deficits..

At least you know the bankrupt guy will address problems and deal with financial issues rather than just sticking their head up someones ass for more votes..

Old 02-02-2016, 11:49 PM

549 posts, read 292,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Trump is a sore loser,.I wouldn't be surprised if he insults the people of Iowa soon on Twitter or in some CNN (Trump's channel) interview.
I think he already did! That "I might buy a farm out here" line sounded like a "backhanded compliment" to me. Calling them all "farmers", ie backwater, yokels...

Not to mention that old 'how stupid are the people of iowa" line... Dude really "took liberties" with that one... That was arrogant.

Old 02-03-2016, 02:28 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,853,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Your confused. Trump has never pandered to anyone. Now, Ted PRAISE JEESUS MAA SAVYA Cruz in the other hand panders every find he opens his mouth.

BS, Trump has pandered to EVERYONE! He is a total lying phony that says whatever he thinks the crowd in front of him needs spoon-fed! Ever notice he has no personal friends, and even his own wife[who was mistress #3] doesn't appear with him. Great first lady she would be, as out of place as her husband the circus clown!

Old 02-03-2016, 03:24 AM

11,829 posts, read 5,816,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Sure, it's good for the business filing. I worked for a small company that was a vendor of a very large entity that filed for bankruptcy. The small company lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in unpaid invoices--a significant amount of money for a small business--and never recovered. The large entity reorganized and, as you said, makes more today than they did before. Their executives never lost a moment's sleep because it simply didn't affect them personally. Unlike the few dozen or so of us who lost our jobs as a result.

Trump did this four times, leaving in his wake a number of vendors who provided goods and services to his business for which they were never paid. Many, I'm sure, suffered great hardship or went out of business as a result, with, no doubt, some jobs lost.

But hey, as long as Trump came out fine on the other end, with no personal consequences, it's all good, right? Not very ethical, but who cares about that? It's all within the law, after all. It is, as you insist, good business.

I have never once heard Trump express any remorse to his unpaid creditors or for the people his many bankruptcies harmed, have you? I doubt the great and mighty Donald Trump ever gave any of them a second thought.

Have you ever looked into how many companies that the other candidates - Republican and Democrat - have an interest in that did the same thing? You had the Clintons involved in White Water - NO politicians is clean - they all have skeletons in their closets. 10-1 most of our politicians are affiliated with some companies that have at one time declared bankruptcy. Many are beholding to big companies that got contracts that could have gone to the smaller companies at less cost. Some of those small companies had to downsize or dissolve because of the lack of business.

But let's expand this further - how many lost good paying jobs because Obama will not allow the Keystone Pipeline, how many lost jobs because Clinton signed NAFTA? A company declaring bankruptcy within the confines of the law is legal. Many things these others have done are either illegal or border on the edge.

And no you won't hear Trump say he's sorry - why - that's the business he's in. This is not Pretty Woman where Richard Gere has a change of heart at the end - this is real life - not a fairy tale and that's life.

You can close your eyes to the faults of your own candidate - but do not make Trump out to be the bully when all his "misdeeds" though legal are front and center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections