Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 07:30 PM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Nonsense.

The physical realities of combat are often best left to males. That's the reality.
Not all military personnel are involved in combat, for one. I support the draft for women. I am a female veteran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Women should be treated just like men, make them register and be subject to a draft. I am against the idea of allowing the government to force anyone to serve against their will, but if we are going to do it, it needs to apply fairly and equally to everyone.

I also find it weird given the fetish that Cruz and many Republicans have with Israel that they would not be on board with equality. Is has long been the policy of the IDF that gender does not get you out of serving your country. I guess we finally found one thing that Cruz would not get on his knees and worship Netanyahu for doing.
I agree as a female veteran. Equal has to be equal all the way around. I was put in a field that had only been open to women for 2 years when I entered the AF in the 1970s.

With Cruz, I am guessing that his hardcore evangelists (more like cult members) prefer their women just serving men, not serving next to and equally with men.

I have always been impressed that Israeli women serve in their military right next to the men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 10:05 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
So Cruz supports discrimination of men. Not good.

There was good reason to say it was bad luck to have a woman aboard a battle ship.

The men will try and save the women, before saving themselves.... Then no one is left to fight the battle of fixed bayonets.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:08 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,281,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There was good reason to say it was bad luck to have a woman aboard a battle ship.

The men will try and save the women, before saving themselves.... Then no one is left to fight the battle of fixed bayonets.
Chances for a fixed-bayonets engagement on a battle ship seem pretty slim........

Old 02-09-2016, 10:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Chances for a fixed-bayonets engagement on a battle ship seem pretty slim........

There was a reason there were many spaces between each sentence.

Each sentence stood alone. One in past military law and one present day reality in the theater.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:13 AM

6,232 posts, read 3,614,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The favorite country of Republicans is Israel. Is Israel living in a different reality? All women serve. Women want equality, so that means all the benefits and disadvantages of it.
Yes, of course they are. A deliberately created ethno state of 5 million surrounded on all sides by 200 million who want them blown off the face of the earth. Israel cannot afford NOT to have its women combat trained. America can.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:46 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
Someone has to "man" the yuuuuge Trump Wall to keep the Mooooslems and Mexicans out. Give our women pair of binoculars and an M-60 and we'll be great (and secure) again.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:33 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I think if every american parent *knew* that each of their children could be drafted, we would be a lot more careful about our warmongering. Why should Cruz's children be safe from the wars he wants to engage in just because they are girls?

I'm an anti-war woman, and I approve. If some able-bodied young adults are to be subject to the draft, then they *all* should be.
We can't have it the way it was on the 1960's when politicians and the rich could dodge the draft. That was the real problem with it. For women to be truly equal they need to be under selective service for a potential military draft. Otherwise I'd sure the US government for civil rights violations.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:50 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,786,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Regardless of the treatment of women by the enemy, my issue is the fact that it is inherent in males to be protectors and as a result. having females on the front lines will result in more injuries and fatalities of our soldiers.

Sorry people, but that is the unvarnished non-PC truth. Even The Daily Beast sees it.

The Truth About Women in Combat - The Daily Beast
Nearly half of all births are paid for by Medicaid. Sounds like a heck of a lot of men lack this so called instinct to protect their own children, let alone other people.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:50 AM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
We can't have it the way it was on the 1960's when politicians and the rich could dodge the draft. That was the real problem with it. For women to be truly equal they need to be under selective service for a potential military draft. Otherwise I'd sure the US government for civil rights violations.
Equal rights = equal obligations. Discrimination has to end. In truth, they should be signing up right now. My son with Down syndrome had to sign up and he functions at the level of a pre-schooler. If called up, he would be evaluated as to his fitness. ALL 18 year olds should be required to sign up.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:58 AM

28,946 posts, read 30,301,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Women should be treated just like men, make them register and be subject to a draft. I am against the idea of allowing the government to force anyone to serve against their will, but if we are going to do it, it needs to apply fairly and equally to everyone.

I also find it weird given the fetish that Cruz and many Republicans have with Israel that they would not be on board with equality. Is has long been the policy of the IDF that gender does not get you out of serving your country. I guess we finally found one thing that Cruz would not get on his knees and worship Netanyahu for doing.

Personally, I believe that every child, upon graduating from high school, should have to join the armed forces for 2 years...and by doing so, would then obtain help furthering their schooling...they could remain in the armed forces and take classes if they so wish or they could leave and go to college afterwards...or whatever, but I believe both men and women should have to serve.

Reason being, there are way to many kids out there today, who have not got a clue about team work, respect for oneself, discipline, etc. there are kids out there who have been so sheltered and spoiled, that they are not fit to let loose in the world. There are many kids out there from broken homes who are getting off on the wrong foot...on their way to being criminals....

and let me tell you, after the videos I've seen with women becoming violent, and hitting other people, its time things changed...no woman should be acting like an animal in a Chucky Cheese, getting into fist fights with other women in front of their kids? What kind of mother is that?

If parents don't know how to be parents, then lets teach the kids some responsability and respect for themselves, b/c if they respect themselves, they will respect others.

Also, if a kid quits school, that should be an automatic draft into the armed forces.

I'm not talking just when we go to war, I'm talking, all the time, even when we are not at war....it is a way to once again put some respect and moral education into our kids, a positive investment...which would help bring society back to an honest one obeying laws, rules and regulations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections