Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 04:58 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,592,101 times

Advertisements

After watching the CNN Town Hall last night, I am not so worried about Rubio's inexperience. He has a lot more than I expected, including being Florida's Speaker of the House. He spoke of two bills he's working on with two different democrats, so I feel he can work better to get us out of this hyper-partisan gridlock with nothing ever getting done.
Most important, he can beat Hillary. Cruz is too hostile and ailienating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 05:56 AM

26,006 posts, read 22,198,629 times
A vote for Cruz could be a wasted vote because the minute he is nominated, there will be lawsuits with the proper standing. I just came across a very solid reasoning on why he is not: Harvard Law professor: Cruz is ineligible - Business Insider

As you may know, Cruz wants the US to be a Christian nation: Ted Cruz's campaign is fueled by a dominionist vision for America (COMMENTARY) - Religion News Service Like is Islam, he wants to see church and state as one in the same. He is a part of a group that wants to ready the world for the Second Coming of Christ, not focus on our country but the visions that play out in his head about who he is, an "anointed" one as pronounced by his father. These people believe in the execution of homosexuals and claim it is God's will. Given power, all of this could get very ugly and destroy our country. They are bat-poop crazy.

As you see from the current news, Cruz has played some really dirty tricks. Some will say that he is just a politician BUT he has made a play for evangelical Christians so he raised the bar for himself. Look at Cruz, ask yourself "is that what Jesus would do".

For those that would approve of the killing of homosexuals, you must realize that woud be the first group to go. When you are scapegoating you take out one group only to find that didn't make things better so next you look for the source of the problem, take out another group..............and so on and so forth.

Cruz is extremely cold and cruel.

Rubio appears to be at least honest and fair. I gained new respect for him in the last debate. I think his faith is obvious in his actions. I had yet to see him say anything that was a lie or just down right cruel.

Although Trump is my 1st choice, I would love to see a ticket with Trump/Rubio.

I would vote for Hillary before I would vote for Cruz. That is a HUGE statement considering what I think of her these days.

Don't be fooled by Cruz, he doesn't sit at the hand of God but of the hand of Satan.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:33 AM

635 posts, read 756,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
A vote for Cruz could be a wasted vote because the minute he is nominated, there will be lawsuits with the proper standing. I just came across a very solid reasoning on why he is not: Harvard Law professor: Cruz is ineligible - Business Insider

As you may know, Cruz wants the US to be a Christian nation: Ted Cruz's campaign is fueled by a dominionist vision for America (COMMENTARY) - Religion News Service Like is Islam, he wants to see church and state as one in the same. He is a part of a group that wants to ready the world for the Second Coming of Christ, not focus on our country but the visions that play out in his head about who he is, an "anointed" one as pronounced by his father. These people believe in the execution of homosexuals and claim it is God's will. Given power, all of this could get very ugly and destroy our country. They are bat-poop crazy.

As you see from the current news, Cruz has played some really dirty tricks. Some will say that he is just a politician BUT he has made a play for evangelical Christians so he raised the bar for himself. Look at Cruz, ask yourself "is that what Jesus would do".

For those that would approve of the killing of homosexuals, you must realize that woud be the first group to go. When you are scapegoating you take out one group only to find that didn't make things better so next you look for the source of the problem, take out another group..............and so on and so forth.

Rubio appears to be at least honest and fair. I gained new respect for him in the last debate. I think his faith is obvious in his actions. I had yet to see him say anything that was a lie or just down right cruel.

I would vote for Hillary before I would vote for Cruz. That is a HUGE statement considering what I think of her these days.

Don't be fooled by Cruz, he doesn't sit at the hand of God but of the hand of Satan.
Why am I not seeing that in Cruz? I thought he did great last night. I wanted to go to a rally for him tomorrow. He and Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty will be there.

I did notice Rubio would repeat the same statements as he did during the debate. It made him seem rehearsed.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:54 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,592,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
After watching the CNN Town Hall last night, I am not so worried about Rubio's inexperience. He has a lot more than I expected, including being Florida's Speaker of the House. He spoke of two bills he's working on with two different democrats, so I feel he can work better to get us out of this hyper-partisan gridlock with nothing ever getting done.
Most important, he can beat Hillary. Cruz is too hostile and ailienating.
I have to edit this^^ as I just watched the last part of Cruz which I missed last night due to interruption, and I have to say he cleared up some things I was concerned about and did a good job answering some tough questions. I also was concerned at how he shows Rubio not honest about his stance on illegal immigration and that concerns me on Rubio, as illegal immigration is big for me.
So I'm still tossed between Rubio and Cruz.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:57 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,986,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Trump plays the game, works with and contributes to whoever/whatever he thinks might help him. In that, he is a realist. Childish to think and say that person is whatever political/religious stripe I refuse to have anything to do with them.

And 9/11, yep Bush owns that. Sorry, it was on his watch (no matter how you want to twist it). Also the Iraq fiasco is his.
Ok then what makes you think he will help the average American once he is elected? Because he says so? He admits he has lied to make himself richer and more powerful. Why not keep playing the game and make himself richer? Trump is not known for being very charitable.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:01 AM

2,541 posts, read 3,111,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCUGal View Post
Well look what has happened with not having Christianty with Obama.

Oh yea, a totally screwed up country.
Gal, please. Intelligent adults don't look for adherence to superstition in their leaders.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:03 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,986,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Y

I don't agree with the first part of your post. I think these so called lawsuits will go nowhere if they take place, but I agree with the rest of your post.

Cruz is dangerous. He should follow his father's steps and become a pastor. He does not belong in the White House

Old 02-18-2016, 09:09 AM

39,282 posts, read 27,677,316 times
I went to a Catholic school and I consider myself a Christian now. Definitely had some struggles with my faith, but I do have a personal relationship with Jesus.

This said, I don't want anybody overly religious to be the president. Ted should be running for High Priest of America.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:12 AM

2,251 posts, read 4,920,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I think he sounds more rehearsed because he speaks fast. Well he should also quit saying "when I'm president", he sounds stupid when he says that.
I agree he sound's too polished like he rehearsed his lines.... Watch him last night on CNN, reminds me of past electrons - All Talk, No Action...... He has learned to talk like a politician, he lacks experience....

People are tried of the way Government is run, they do not want four more years of the last eight years.

My first vote is Trump, with Bernie as a back up......

Old 02-18-2016, 09:27 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,671,995 times
Ones smarter than the other...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections