Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 08:21 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,819,312 times

Advertisements

Apparently, he thinks they offer them now. Maybe gluten-free chow in the mess hall is just his boogeyman du jour.

Quote:
Ted Cruz, looking to take a hard line in South Carolina to win the support of military voters, lashed out Tuesday at what he called a culture of political correctness in the Pentagon.

"That's why the last thing any commander should need to worry about is the grades he is getting from some plush-bottomed Pentagon bureaucrat for political correctness or social experiments -- or providing gluten-free MREs," Cruz said, using the shorthand term for Meal, Ready-to-Eat.

In a speech aboard the USS Yorktown, which is stationed in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, Cruz laid out a Reagan-style military policy that he promised would return America to a global position of strength in a speech.
Ted Cruz promises military no 'gluten-free' MREs - CNNPolitics.com

What does gluten-free have to do with political correctness? Nothing. But then, most whining about 'political correctness' has nothing to do with actual political correctness, so I guess Cruz is in good company having no flippin' idea what the term even means (or, maybe he does - but knows that most of the rabble he needs to vote for him haven't the foggiest idea what it means, just that by-gum they don't like it one bit, whatever it is!).

Sorry to disappoint Cruz and his fan-boys, but there is no gluten-free in the military now. I'm sure this in fact will disappoint them - once again, their warped view of the military under President Obama exists only in their fervent imaginations, as opposed to in the real world. The people who need to follow a gluten-free diet are those with coeliac disease and those afflicted are not allowed to enlist in the first place.

What a laughable buffoon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 08:25 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,973,894 times
He is such an idiot. I guess he never heard of Celiac disease.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:37 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Celiacs disqualifies someone from military service. If it develops while already on active duty they don't necessarily give a medical discharge but the service member receives non-deployment status. They don't have gluten-free MREs, and shouldn't. Service members have to be capable of eating in environments with limited food sources. Gluten can literally kill a person with Celiacs.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:39 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
A real soldier would just suck it up, buy a lot of Depends, and not worry about the destruction of her/his digestive system. After all, you don't really need one, do you?

What a jerk.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:39 PM

20,054 posts, read 20,867,177 times
I have no idea how the human race has survived so long eating cheeseburgers and sugar coated breakfast cereals. And Chinese food and peanut butter.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:04 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,535,663 times
Good for him. Gluten-free is a liberal scam.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:31 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,935,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
?

Old 02-18-2016, 04:48 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
So, the conservative position is if you're allergic to certain foods it's just too effin' bad, go off into a corner and suffer?

Another caring message from the Grand Obstructionist Party.

Old 02-18-2016, 04:57 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Quote:
I get his point. As a member of the military for 23 or so years, I was tired of having the military used for social experimentation.

The military has a few jobs to do.

Experimenting with social change isn't one of them in my opinion.

Another upcoming social change to on the way: I'm sure Clinton and Sanders will ensure transgenders have a place in the military. I don't think this is a priority to be addressed by POTUS.

Bigger fish to fry. Potus, SecDefense, SecArmy has other things to worry about. Leave these sorts of issues/questions to the general officers and colonels to decide.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:01 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Example of bigger nut to crack.........

South Korea spy agency says North preparing to launch attacks | Fox News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections