Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 05:20 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
That applies to all politicians. Its like they all came out of the same mold.
Except Trump isn't like other candidates and that is what is scaring so many. I was discussing this with my granddaughter last night on our weekly Sunday night phone call. She and her husband are early 30s, very middle class, educated and strong Republicans. They are scared to death at the thought of Trump. They worry about the future for their 3 little girls.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:31 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,852,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Except Trump isn't like other candidates and that is what is scaring so many. I was discussing this with my granddaughter last night on our weekly Sunday night phone call. She and her husband are early 30s, very middle class, educated and strong Republicans. They are scared to death at the thought of Trump. They worry about the future for their 3 little girls.
They should also be scared of a future with Clinton, Sanders, Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, or Carson. They are all a big question mark.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:07 AM

2,251 posts, read 4,931,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You are right, it hasn't. It is actually scary because I wonder what he has in store when he is elected. Hopefully, our do-nothing congress will stay that way, which means most of his wackiest promises won't come to fruition, so lasting damage won't be done. I think Trump is playing quite a game with the country, there is no telling what his real agenda is because he says whatever he thinks will get him voted in.
OldHag, agree he's not saying his real agenda. In business negotiation - he's not giving his entire game plan till he wins the nomination. He is a master of media, drawing the attention away from others < that's want I find remarkable. I think the fact he is self supporting, no one is buying him....

I think he is going to take office > like a bulldozer rolling in with a team of accountants cleaning house from the top down!!!!!!!

Old 02-23-2016, 12:55 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,467,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
But they're not worried about a future with open borders, endless importation of cheap labor, endless offshoring of good jobs, endless wars that we fight and purposely don't win because the real reason we fight them is to keep defense contractors in business -- you know, all the stuff that Republicans have given us for decades?

Our politicians -- both Democrat and Republican -- have been puppets of special interests that couldn't care less about private-sector American workers and the American middle class.

Trump is not a puppet. He has turned down the big-money contributors.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:50 AM

9,786 posts, read 10,029,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
I don't want to sidetrack the thread too much, but I'll admit that I voted for Bernie Sanders (for reasons we could discuss in another thread).

Trump truly baffles me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You are right, it hasn't. It is actually scary because I wonder what he has in store when he is elected. Hopefully, our do-nothing congress will stay that way, which means most of his wackiest promises won't come to fruition, so lasting damage won't be done. I think Trump is playing quite a game with the country, there is no telling what his real agenda is because he says whatever he thinks will get him voted in.
This is why the other half of America is baffled why anyone would vote for Sanders. There is no way any of his wacky polices will get past Congress which will prevent everlasting damage to this country. So if he is elected, I agree with OldHag by saying I hope Congress does not change they way they are doing things.

So for the next 4 years, nothing will get done...again.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:23 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,738,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
This is why the other half of America is baffled why anyone would vote for Sanders. There is no way any of his wacky polices will get past Congress which will prevent everlasting damage to this country. So if he is elected, I agree with OldHag by saying I hope Congress does not change they way they are doing things.

So for the next 4 years, nothing will get done...again.
And I'm trying to understand Trump voters by asking a number of questions, which nobody seems to be interested in answering.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:45 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,848,623 times
I'll be perfectly honest. I am a white 33 year old professional white male. I am (maybe was?) far from any type of bigot or racist, but for the past several years, racial tensions have gotten so bad, frankly I'm sick of being told I am the reason the black community is more representative of a third world country than the most advanced society in the history of the world. I just watched Hillary talk for five minutes about white people being responsible for racial tensions in our country - absolutely pandering and did not mention one thing the black community must do for themselves to improve their position.

Also, I believe our immigration policy is a forced social re engineering. We are the greatest country in history - yes, the country was built on immigration, but we are now an established, mature country. We should choose who comes here - people who will benefit our society - we should not be a dumping ground for the poorest citizens of third world shtholes. This extreme multiculturalism, IMO, has diluted the ability for the country to truly unite and unify.

Do I think he's the best candidate? Doubtful. Do I think I could regret voting for him? Very possible. But I'm pissed, I'm spiteful, and this is my way to voice that.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:48 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,997,215 times
Quote:
And I'm trying to understand Trump voters by asking a number of questions, which nobody seems to be interested in answering.
Who cares what some Malaysians think about what is going on in our country? They'd do better to pay attention to their own state of affairs, which according to reports isn't so wonderful.

Don't like Trump? - then don't vote for him. Aren't a US citizen? - nobody cares if you like him or not.

We have seen all these types of threads too many times - the concerned poster who is only 'trying to understand' Trump supporters, all while making snide and unflattering comments about Trump and his supporters. There's plenty of information in these threads as to why people support him, if you are truly interested.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:52 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,019,066 times
Quote:
[MOD CUT/trolling]
I just have a few questions and comments to make and I hope that the Trump supporters on this site will answer or comment on what I've said/asked. I promise to engage you in civilized discussion and I hope that everyone else participating will do the same.

1. If Trump's slogan is "Make America Great Again," are we to infer that America is not currently great? If so, when WAS is great? Could you give me a year or time period and explain why? What makes the country NOT great?
I don't have answers for all of your questions, and I don't support Trump, but considering that on the "other side" all they do is talk about about how "great" health care, gun laws, and banking rules are in Germany, Canada, Sweeden, etc, aren't we to logically assume that if these other countries are better than us, that we by default cant be great?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-23-2016 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted post

Old 02-23-2016, 08:20 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,435,633 times
I am voting for Adolf Trump because he will send all the people who cause problems to concentration camps. Then he will figure out an ultimate solution. I know this because his answer to every question is always about "bad people."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections