Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Sanders supporters show up for Hillary in the general election?
Yes- they will vote for any democrat 10 23.26%
Yes- begrudingly so 10 23.26%
No- they will protest by not voting 8 18.60%
No- they will vote for Trump 15 34.88%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 08:23 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,984,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I highly doubt that. I would say most of his supporters are either Democrats or liberals who tend to call themselves Independent, but primarily vote Democratic. He does bring some new voters into the mix as well, but the vast majority of his supporters while not thrilled with Clinton would certainly rather her over any of the Republicans.
She'll lose about 30% of the Bernie vote is my estimate.

I've seen polls that show 20% answer they will not vote for her and another 10% likely wont show up if she is the candidate. On the other hand, Hillary supporters overwhelmingly support Sanders if he is the nominee. Her supporters are staunch Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,251 posts, read 4,921,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Half will go to Clinton and half will go to Trump. That will make Trump even stronger and will put Clinton in a vulnerable position.
My view is some will go to Trump, most wont vote at all...

11,998 posts, read 12,960,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Interesting narrative here but you can't win an election with threats.

If they aren't Democrats - then we aren't counting on their vote. Bernie as the nominee IS the surest way to elect Trump or Rubio.

No thanks.
This is an interesting narrative.

Hillary does not do well against any Republican. I am petrified of having someone with lackluster support and under FBI investigation go up against the Republicans. She will not win, again.

Why do people think she is so "electable"? I don't get it at all. She will go the way of 2008, and whether that is in the DNC or the general election is up to Democratic voters, and I'd rather she go by the wayside sooner than later.

Bernie does better in every single Republican match-up. His support is just too broad and diverse for anyone to compete with him. Hillary's is not. Republicans will trounce her and we will all be worse off for it.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:24 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,984,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Interesting narrative here but you can't win an election with threats.

If they aren't Democrats - then we aren't counting on their vote. Bernie as the nominee IS the surest way to elect Trump or Rubio.

No thanks.
Independents and formerly apathetic voters disagree.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:30 AM

285 posts, read 177,178 times
Hillary is a quasi-progressive. Jill Stein from the Green Party would appeal a lot more to Bernie's supporters. It's just a shame that third party candidates are shunned by the corporate media.

In my view, the fact that some are supporting Hillary to prevent a Republican from winning the White House indicates that she doesn't offer anything that special as a candidate overall.

She's the "vote for me, I'm the lesser evil" candidate. There's nothing inspiring about her.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Krab View Post
Hillary is a quasi-progressive. Jill Stein from the Green Party would appeal a lot more to Bernie's supporters. It's just a shame that third party candidates are shunned by the corporate media.

In my view, the fact that some are supporting Hillary to prevent a Republican from winning the White House indicates that she doesn't offer anything that special as a candidate overall.

She's the "vote for me, I'm the lesser evil" candidate. There's nothing inspiring about her.
Exactly-people see no difference between the Clinton's or Bush's anymore-they are both part of the political oligarchy and people are tired of it. Both families have had a heavy hand in selling our nation down the river.

BTW-I supported Jill Stein in 2012! It is insane that she was arrested for trying to go to the Hofstra debate! That's modern day American "democracy" for you!

Old 02-22-2016, 08:32 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Independents and formerly apathetic voters disagree.
Your numbers will become more and more meaningless as Hillary continues to build on her momentum.

And while my other thread about Bernie's eligibility was tongue in cheek, the fact remains that Bernie wouldn't know what hit him if Trump or any other Republican candidate started to campaign against him in earnest.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:33 AM

26,017 posts, read 22,209,069 times
I think it will be all over the place depending on what issues they were supporting Bernie on. I would think that with so many younger Americans supporting Bernie that Trump, speaking of savings us from 3rd world status and getting jobs here that are more than fast food and retail, should attract more than a few. I suspect many support Bernie because they can't stand the thought of Hillary being POTUS which means they must vote for someone that has a good chance of beating off her pantsuit in the General Election. Of course, I'm thinking Trump.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:34 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,758,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, especially after this past week, with the death of Scalia and the stupid games the Republicans want to play in an attempt to keep the court from swinging to the left. It was an eye-opener for many Democrats about how important it is to keep the White House out of the GOP's hands.

Which is why I voted, yes, begrudgingly. Even if you are not a Hillary fan, she is still better than anyone on the other side, and that's what most Democrats will be thinking when they step into the voting booth.
Bingo! The death of Scalia has really changed this election, for both Republicans and Democrats.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Your numbers will become more and more meaningless as Hillary continues to build on her momentum.

And while my other thread about Bernie's eligibility was tongue in cheek, the fact remains that Bernie wouldn't know what hit him if Trump or any other Republican candidate started to campaign against him in earnest.
What "momentum"?

She has done worse in every state than "polling" and "experts" predicted just a few weeks ago.

Democratic voter turn out is way down so far compared to Republican. Bernie is the only excitement on the Democrat side, and we need to send someone with lots of excitement surrounding them to the general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections