Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Sanders supporters show up for Hillary in the general election?
Yes- they will vote for any democrat 10 23.26%
Yes- begrudingly so 10 23.26%
No- they will protest by not voting 8 18.60%
No- they will vote for Trump 15 34.88%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2016, 08:58 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,982,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I don't get this either.

What makes her better now than in 2008? Her SoS experience?

If anything that is a further strike against her.

Anyone who takes advice from Henry Kissinger is not fit to be president.
No way, no how.

The following presents a perfect argument for voting against her war-mongerish self:

"The broad range of folly that Kissinger’s been instrumental in significantly buttresses Sanders’ argument that his judgment is better than Clinton’s: She looks at that catastrophic record of failure, and either doesn’t see it as the disaster it so clearly is, or else doesn’t understand the role of Kissinger’s horrendous judgment in it. Either way, it’s a profound indictment of her own judgment—and a much broader vindication of Sanders’ judgment that he proudly spurns it. Clinton’s Iraq War vote fits neatly and coherently into the broader pattern of Kissinger-generated follies in the region, while Sanders’ vote against it echoed elsewhere in his past record as well—though it’s not as well known. Since the question going forward is how to extricate ourselves from this mess, it certainly makes sense to choose someone who forcefully rejects the author of so many different facets of its genesis."

Democrats who backed Iraq now dare slime Sanders’ foreign policy experience? - Salon.com

As far as I'm concerned, if she gets the nomination, we'll be choosing between two Republicans as there will not be anyone actually representing the Democratic party in the race.

Yeah, I threw up in my mouth a little when Clinton was bragging about being friendly and taking advice from Kissinger. I mean, is she really THAT out of touch?

He may be the most hated man on the face of the Earth-responsible for more murder and terrorism than anyone.

Even my parents (born in '49, '52) hate Kissinger and thought that was so strange of Clinton to say.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 09:03 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,998,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Indeed you will be able to tell the difference when they start nominating the Supreme Court Judges.

The majority of people I have spoken to IRL realize the importance of same. It's mainly here on City Data that no one cares about the Supremes.
That's all she is running on. Vote for me, not because you like it, but vote against what you fear. The politics of fear and as anti-democratic as it gets.

Oh, and the foreign policy experience which is sooo important yet she wraps herself around Bill and Obama who had zero foreign policy experience. Its just like her campaigning to get big money out of politics because she claims republicans are influenced by the big money but not herself.

She insults people's intelligence.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:05 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,616,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
That's all she is running on. Vote for me, not because you like it, but vote against what you fear. The politics of fear and as anti-democratic as it gets.

Oh, and the foreign policy experience which is sooo important yet she wraps herself around Bill and Obama who had zero foreign policy experience. Its just like her campaigning to get big money out of politics because she claims republicans are influenced by the big money but not herself.

She insults people's intelligence.
I respect your point of view.

We shall have to wait and see what happens.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:08 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,121,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Well, you're right about one thing, I do fear a Cruz or Trump presidency. I believe either of them would be disastrous for this country. So to me, a vote for Hillary is a vote against those I believe would destroy the country. It's as good a reason as any.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:12 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,321,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, you're right about one thing, I do fear a Cruz or Trump presidency. I believe either of them would be disastrous for this country. So to me, a vote for Hillary is a vote against those I believe would destroy the country. It's as good a reason as any.
Yep.

I doubt I'll have have a president I agree 100% with. I can tell you that as much of a Hillary supporter as I am, it's not 100%. It's more than I agree with Bernie but I'd vote for him if he somehow managed to turn this around. The reality is that I will agree with any Democratic nominee 90+% which is a hell of a lot better than having any Republican.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:17 AM

25,834 posts, read 20,771,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I am in Colorado and there are still people who literally have no idea who Bernie Sanders is. No joke. Confused look, shrug, "never heard of him" so yes, as he campaigns in states and people actually learn his name, his numbers go up. Do not confuse that with some major erosion of support for Hillary or momentum in Bernie's favor. No one except the media ever thought this was going to be an uncontested coronation. But the reality is that so far, Hillary has won 2 states to Bernie's 1. She will also win in SC, and after Super Tuesday, it's going to be 10+ to maybe 3 or 4 for Bernie. Wins, not polls. That's called momentum.
Living under rocks, are they?

I'm in Colorado too. The enthusiasm for Sanders among the people I know is quite palpable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Many think Bernie will win Colorado!

Unfortunately, this is not my fight though. I am a registered Independent so will not vote in the DNC primary.

If Bernie wins the nomination I will vote for him. I will not be responsible for voting for Shillary.
Clinton's lead has evaporated here in CO as per the latest polls, as already noted in the poll thread.

And she doesn't garner any where near this kind of enthusiasm:

Bernie Sanders fans at massive Denver rally: ‘Bern the Caucus’ | The Colorado Independent

I don't doubt that people will hold their noses to vote for her, particularly as the MSM continues to suggest that a vote for Sanders would be a wasted vote.

But, people were saying the same thing in 2008, weren't they?

Old 02-22-2016, 09:19 AM

8,099 posts, read 10,143,616 times
Hillary represents everything....well, many things,...that Sanders and his supporters abhor. She is the epitome of traditional "politician"--say anything to get elected; play politics for personal gain once in office.

I just can't see how a Sanders supporter could vote for Hillary. It sounds silly because he is the biggest clown driving the republican clown car, but in a way Trump is the most likely successor to Sanders votes should he not win the nomination.

Don't forget, it's politics. ANYTHING is possible. Was thinking this morning that Hillary could drop dead (I mean, just look at her...without any makeup...and even with face paint, she is not the epitome of health, to be certain), Then what?

Old 02-22-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
That's why she has no enthusiasm. She is running on fear and "no, we cant". Its the 2014 mid-terms all over again. Republicans at least fight for what they believe in. They get people to the polls. Democrats are just Republican lights, timid and weak.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:21 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,321,347 times
My point wasn't about who will win in Colorado, it's about the fact that Bernie's numbers going up in places where people hadn't even heard of him does not equal momentum. And if I have to predict, I think he actually will win in CO, but that's not the point. It's that saying oh, look, it was 90/10 before and now it's 60/40 (or whatever numbers in whatever state) based on polling that started last year. Most of that is name recognition, not some monumental swing in support.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:23 AM

Sanders supporters should not be dismayed though. We are the future of the country!

From Nevada!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections