Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 08:17 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,989,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Sanders's base of lily-white voters .
Have hispanics become lily white?

ABC News: "Hispanics younger than 45 voted 70-27 percent for Sanders over Clinton in Nevada".

Old 02-22-2016, 09:42 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,282,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
This doesn't even make sense
If the OP's premise is correct, and that he's a reverse Trojan Horse (for lack of a better term), designed to ultimately aid Hillary's election in November, than the kind of horrendous comments some of his supporters make on line to and about Hillary and her supporters just gives ammunition to the Republicans.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:47 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,984,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
If the OP's premise is correct, and that he's a reverse Trojan Horse (for lack of a better term), designed to ultimately aid Hillary's election in November, than the kind of horrendous comments some of his supporters make on line to and about Hillary and her supporters just gives ammunition to the Republicans.
I think the Republicans have a large body to work with beyond comments on an internet forum. But I think you're stretching logic. If Bernie is actually the reverse trojan horse, then it would make sense that she tries to extend her reach to the group being attracted instead of belittling them.

She needs the supporters not the other way around.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I think the Republicans have a large body to work with beyond comments on an internet forum. But I think you're stretching logic. If Bernie is actually the reverse trojan horse, then it would make sense that she tries to extend her reach to the group being attracted instead of belittling them.

She needs the supporters not the other way around.
She rips into the "Bernie bros":

Old 02-22-2016, 10:25 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,282,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
She rips into the "Bernie bros":

No, that would be called pointing out disagreements in policy. Like, oh, I don't know, repeatedly accusing someone of being bought by Wall Street because of accepting donations, despite not having any specific examples to point to, and just saying "Weeellll, I assume there must be a reason."

Ripping into Bernie Bros would be pointing out the misogyny of supporters who attack anyone who dares to post a positive opinion of Hillary on social media and calling them words I'm not allowed to use here but but that rhyme with nut, punt, and witch for example, and accuse them of voting with their female genitalia for daring to support a woman.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
No, that would be called pointing out disagreements in policy. Like, oh, I don't know, repeatedly accusing someone of being bought by Wall Street because of accepting donations, despite not having any specific examples to point to, and just saying "Weeellll, I assume there must be a reason."

Ripping into Bernie Bros would be pointing out the misogyny of supporters who attack anyone who dares to post a positive opinion of Hillary on social media and calling them words I'm not allowed to use here but but that rhyme with nut, punt, and witch for example, and accuse them of voting with their female genitalia for daring to support a woman.
One thing are supporters, they are in the millions and can't be controlled. But it's shameful of her to use the language of the right with their "free stuff". But it's not surprising considering who her big money donors are. She tries to kill all enthusiasm on the left and hopes she will get the people she just belittled on board.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:18 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,164,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Wow, are you folks going to be shocked when disappointed Bern voters desert Hillary for Trump.
I will vote for Trump before I vote for Hillary, and before I resort to voting for Trump, I'd have to resist the temptation to vote for Deez Nuts:

Old 02-23-2016, 06:01 AM

24,056 posts, read 15,168,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
He never says anything bad about Hillary, otherwise it might reflect bad on her campaign later.
I am related to several Bernie supporters who will never under any circumstance vote for Hillary.

Two are registered independents who changed their registration to vote for Bernie. They are disappointed in the Democrats and think Hillary is just another Bush.

The Bernie supporters in Texas will be voting for Trump. They think Billary is a shoe in. They can't stand her.
But, they think Cruz is too religious. So Trump it is.

The three is Fla. will vote for Berne, and not vote for a president in the general.

DH will vote for Bernie in the primary, and no one in the general.

I will vote for Trump even though it is clear, his numbers don't work and is a blowhard. If he wins, by the time he gets his instructions from the CIA and the Mossad, he will be much calmer.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:34 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,591,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Wow, are you folks going to be shocked when disappointed Bern voters desert Hillary for Trump.

Because Trump stands for EVERYTHING that Bernie believes in. Yeah, that's right.

Quote:
Bernie's campaign has totally become more AGAINST Clinton than it is FOR his own polices. Never a good sign for a campaign.

Sorry Bern

Old 02-23-2016, 07:53 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,726,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Because Trump stands for EVERYTHING that Bernie believes in. Yeah, that's right.
He shares more with Trump than the crony capitalist Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.