Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 07:02 AM

78,477 posts, read 60,679,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Nope. I just linked to the current data that I think should be included. You don't think it should?
Well I suppose if a candidate has been taking donations from the KKK for years, but not for the current election....we should just focus on the current donations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
The OP's data leaves out the past 8 months, which is most of the current election cycle.
The last time Clinton ran for office was 2008. Is there any point in posting data from 2000-2008 while excluding most of her current campaign data? If so, please elaborate.
Because many of the major "party establishment" people like Jeb and Hillary raised HUGE amounts of money before declaring their candidacy.

That's a loophole that gets around all sorts of contribution laws.

Then, with 100mil or more in their warchest, they can then START officially taking donations and pushing the meme that they are just supported "by the little people" and pay no attention to all the donations from Koch Industries or Goldman Sachs or Exxon etc etc etc. (Because just look at my numbers from this election cycle...the official ones...no fair using anything earlier....lmfao.)

Seriously, if you are unaware of the strategy where they load up on cash BEFORE declaring....you've been suckered.

It's either that or you've got one seriously bad case of rationalization going on that Hillary isn't deeeeeeep in bed with wallstreet just because she hasn't taken their money as much since "officially" declaring despite the fact that she's been doing pre-campaign tours around the US for the last 2 years.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:35 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,540,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
(Because just look at my numbers from this election cycle...the official ones...no fair using anything earlier....lmfao.)

Seriously, if you are unaware of the strategy where they load up on cash BEFORE declaring....you've been suckered.
You might want to brush up your reading comprehension and vocabulary skills. I've said current data should be INCLUDED.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:40 AM

21,158 posts, read 19,748,059 times
With banks spending all that money, they may need another bailout pretty soon.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:41 AM

1,050 posts, read 699,262 times
We should just chalk it up to choosing the least of evils.

Most of these candidates have unsavory track records (and running for all the wrong reasons)

But too many voters could care less to consider the implications/consequences to our country overall, to consider the greater good.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
You might want to brush up your reading comprehension and vocabulary skills. I've said current data should be INCLUDED.
Actually first you started off crying about TOS violations and lies about Hillary.

Then, instead of rebutting with her inception to date numbers yourself you posted just this election cycle.

Later on after getting called out for your first attempts to rebut the points.....you started talking about including.

So, don't get your panties in a bunch we're all just trying to keep up with your current story.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:45 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,971,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
We should just chalk it up to choosing the least of evils.

Most of these candidates have unsavory track records (and running for all the wrong reasons)

But too many voters could care less to consider the implications/consequences to our country overall, to consider the greater good.
Sanders isnt evil. He is running for all the right reasons. Because he wants an economy and government that works for all of us, not just the wealthy campaign contributors. And Texas is voting today.

Old 03-03-2016, 04:46 AM

15,537 posts, read 10,518,276 times
I think it's interesting that Sanders received so much union support. Yet, the only union I personally have recent knowledge of is backing Hillary. Go figure.

Old 03-03-2016, 04:51 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,971,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I think it's interesting that Sanders received so much union support. Yet, the only union I personally have recent knowledge of is backing Hillary. Go figure.
And how did that union decide this? Were all the members polled?

Old 03-04-2016, 08:29 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,946,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
And how did that union decide this? Were all the members polled?
No, it's a top down decision. My Union endorsed Hillary and when I pressed them on it, they acknowledged Bernie probably has more support among our members but Hillary is more "electable".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections