Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2016, 08:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,957,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I'm not defending Trump at all, because he definitely heard "White Supremacist" and repeated it. However, the CNN reporter mumbled KKK. I can't imagine Donald Trump saying he supports the KKK. His daughter married a Jew and that means his grandchildren are Jewish. Maybe he really is ignorant, because as I cannot imagine someone from my generation saying he never heard of David Duke unless that person never read a newspaper.
Doesn't matter if he is or isn't it gives that perception. Perception is reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 08:56 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,779,929 times
Quote:
I'm not defending Trump at all, because he definitely heard "White Supremacist" and repeated it. However, the CNN reporter mumbled KKK. I can't imagine Donald Trump saying he supports the KKK. His daughter married a Jew and that means his grandchildren are Jewish. Maybe he really is ignorant, because as I cannot imagine someone from my generation saying he never heard of David Duke unless that person never read a newspaper.

Trump didn't say he'd never heard of him. He said "I don't know David Duke", as in he doesn't know him personally or have any connection to him.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:02 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,116,310 times
Lets all be honest here, all of these attempts to connect Hillary, and Trump to the KKK are nonsense. Neither of these two would ever support the KKK, or white supremacists.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:05 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,968,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Doesn't matter if he is or isn't it gives that perception. Perception is reality.
Oh, I agree. I only said I find it hard to believe he really embraces the KKK's ideology. I was trying to fix my post when you quoted me. Anyway, I once wrote that I believe his whole campaign is either a con or he's gone mad, since he likes to win and will use anything and everything to get what he wants. He said in "The Art of the Deal" to be successful you need to play to a person's fantasy. Maybe that's what he is doing. Anyway, I'll never vote for him.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:14 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,779,929 times
Quote:
Really? Apparently you are not familiar with the KKK and his role in it, if you can called him "hyped up."

He was the leader of a Louisiana chapter of the Klan in the '70s and did nothing of note. Nobody ever heard of him until after he left the Klan in '80 and started running for office.

He ran for president in 1988 receiving 0.04% of the vote.

Then he served in the Louisiana House from '89 to '92.

Big deal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Duke

Old 02-29-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
He was the leader of a Louisiana chapter of the Klan in the '70s and did nothing of note. Nobody ever heard of him until after he left the Klan in '80 and started running for office.

He ran for president in 1988 receiving 0.04% of the vote.

Then he served in the Louisiana House from '89 to '92.

Big deal.

[URL]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Duke[/URL]
LOL - Okay, if you need to refer to Wiki to get your information, I won't argue with you.

I do agree this man is of no consequence, however. He's hateful and doesn't deserve the publicity.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:35 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,957,760 times
Quote:
Oh, I agree. I only said I find it hard to believe he really embraces the KKK's ideology. I was trying to fix my post when you quoted me. Anyway, I once wrote that I believe his whole campaign is either a con or he's gone mad, since he likes to win and will use anything and everything to get what he wants. He said in "The Art of the Deal" to be successful you need to play to a person's fantasy. Maybe that's what he is doing. Anyway, I'll never vote for him.
If it's a con, it's a poorly designed one. There's no reason he should have to do what he is doing, period. I know there is a base for that and is the true sad part of the Trump narrative.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Trump didn't say he'd never heard of him. He said "I don't know David Duke", as in he doesn't know him personally or have any connection to him.
So? There are a lot of people I've never met, but I know what they represent. What's your point? Maybe Trump is only proving that he doesn't want to lose any votes, as long as he wins. I doubt if he would ever support the KKK or a White Supremacist group. I mean, some of his top executives are Jewish. OTOH, he quoted Mussolini so maybe, as I said before, he's politically ignorant. I've met a lot of very rich people who are great at making deals and can sell snowblowers in Florida, but it doesn't mean they read a lot or know much about history.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:48 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,348,327 times
Analysts on CNN getting it right. Trump didn't blast the KKK because much of the south is voting tomorrow and we all know his biggest base of support comes from racist whites in the south.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:54 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,441,740 times
Quote:
LOL - Okay, if you need to refer to Wiki to get your information, I won't argue with you.

I do agree this man is of no consequence, however. He's hateful and doesn't deserve the publicity.
Well most of us,unlike you perhaps, don't have David Dukes biography memorized based on firsthand information,is there something inaccurate in the link?

The only reason the dolt said anything about Trump was to get publicity since hes been pretty much ignored for the last twenty years and he knew it would get everybody talking about him again.The Trump haters are happy to seize on anything they can so Trump gets piled on by stupid attacks and Duke gets the publicity he craves and doesn't deserve.

In the end it doesn't matter who the Republican nominee is in November,they will be endlessly portrayed and maligned as a hateful racist,like every Republican for the last 50 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections