Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 08:19 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
That's irrelevant. He knew exactly who David Duke was and what he stood for, and he lied about it.
Your response is irrelevant and dishonest. I just listened to that segment of the interview and the falsely playing race card sheep cry wolf yet again.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 08:22 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
... before the Klan was mentioned. Tapper was at first talking about "some of these groups" and Trump was saying, What groups... I don't know these groups. The Klan was not mentioned until the end of the segment and it was mumbled while Trump was talking.
Agreed. Trump said he didn't know what the interviewer was saying and he knows nothing about what those groups were saying about Trump. Trump was questioning the interviewer on specifically what those groups said not what they are about. That was obvious from listening to Trumps response.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:59 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Your response is irrelevant and dishonest. I just listened to that segment of the interview and the falsely playing race card sheep cry wolf yet again.

0:42.

Then watch your video again.

First you have "David Duke: a bigot, a racist" and then 16 years later "I don't know anything about David Duke".

But of course, you blame it on a faulty earpiece and mumbling from Jake Tapper.

Exactly how gullible are you?

Old 03-03-2016, 12:29 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,441,601 times
Oh, who cares....

You libs ALWAYS play the race card against the leading Republican candidate.

Trump shouldn't have to answer to your hypocritical race-baiting.

Even when he did disavow Duke's endorsement, you weren't satisfied.

I guess one "I disavow" isn't enough.

How about two?

Would ten be enough?

One hundred?

Should Donald spend the entire rest of the campaign saying "I disavow"?

Will you be satisfied then?

Why doesn't anyone ask Hillary why SHE won't disavow Black Lives Matter, which chanted "Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon" and "What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want them? Now!"

Why doesn't anyone ask her if she disavows "Hands up! Don't shoot!," which was based on a lie?

Why doesn't anyone ask her if she is willing to help Darren Wilson, whose life was destroyed based on a lie repeated over and over again by Democrats?

Why doesn't anyone ask Hillary why she won't condemn the mistreatment of women in Muslim countries?

Why doesn't anyone ask Hillary why she doesn't condemn NAFTA (which Bill pushed), which has hurt American workers?

Why doesn't anyone ask Hillary why it's okay to let Muslims we can't properly vet into the country, one of whom recently participated in a terrorist act in San Bernardino?

Old 03-03-2016, 12:44 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,468,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Oh, who cares....

How about two?

Would ten be enough?

?
Trump is so bad on so many other issues showing he's not qualified to be our president ......this was just the final straw........a weak denial of an endoresement of an extreme racial terror group. You can't still vote for him if you wish, but you won't deny others who have decided in totality that he's unqualified, would you?

This is like a job interview and this candidate isn't answering interview questions to our liking.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Trump is so bad on so many other issues showing he's not qualified to be our president ......this was just the final straw........a weak denial of an endoresement of an extreme racial terror group. You can't still vote for him if you wish, but you won't deny others who have decided in totality that he's unqualified, would you?

This is like a job interview and this candidate isn't answering interview questions to our liking.
Don't make me laugh.

You were against Trump from the beginning.

There is nothing he could have said or done -- or not said or done -- that would have changed your mind on that score.

But you expect us to take your views on him seriously.

Apart from race-baiting and mud throwing, you have nothing to say that is of any interest.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:16 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Oh, who cares....

How about two?

Would ten be enough?

One hundred?

Should Donald spend the entire rest of the campaign saying "I disavow"?

Will you be satisfied then?

Why doesn't anyone ask Hillary why SHE won't disavow Black Lives Matter, which chanted "Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon" and "What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want them? Now!"

Why doesn't anyone ask her if she disavows "Hands up! Don't shoot!," which was based on a lie?

Why doesn't anyone ask her if she is willing to help Darren Wilson, whose life was destroyed based on a lie repeated over and over again by Democrats?

Why doesn't anyone ask Hillary why she won't condemn the mistreatment of women in Muslim countries?

Why doesn't anyone ask Hillary why she doesn't condemn NAFTA (which Bill pushed), which has hurt American workers?

Why doesn't anyone ask Hillary why it's okay to let Muslims we can't properly vet into the country, one of whom recently participated in a terrorist act in San Bernardino?
It's not that he didn't say "I disavow" for me. Heck, he could've said "I don't care what David Duke thinks"...it wouldn't be a response that I like, but it would at least be honest.

Instead, he just flat out lied, and he lied in a spot where it would be very easy to tell the truth. He knew who David Duke was. Why lie and say he didn't? He knew David Duke from the Reform Party days, and obviously it had enough impact on him that he ended up leaving that party.

Politicians lie all the time. This is something we all know....but usually they are lying to protect themselves. The amazing thing to me is that this isn't an instance where Trump had to lie to protect himself....so to me, it only makes sense if he was worried about pizzing off the angry white electorate. Because the other option is that he's a pathological liar. The faulty earpiece or whatever nonsense he is spewing is incredibly weak, and it's sad that Trump supporters either buy that or just don't care.

Btw -- I'm not a lib, and have no plans to vote for Hillary, so your Trumpian deflection is a bit off.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Instead, he just flat out lied, and he lied in a spot where it would be very easy to tell the truth. He knew who David Duke was. Why lie and say he didn't? He knew David Duke from the Reform Party days, and obviously it had enough impact on him that he ended up leaving that party.
He was blowing off a stupid reporter who asked a stupid question.

Making a federal case out of it shows that you have a pre-existing agenda against Trump.

Quote:
Politicians lie all the time. This is something we all know....but usually they are lying to protect themselves. The amazing thing to me is that this isn't an instance where Trump had to lie to protect himself....so to me, it only makes sense if he was worried about pizzing off the angry white electorate.
David Duke and other white nationalists have said that they didn't expect or want Trump to embrace them. It is not as though they or their supporters were going to get mad at Trump if he disavowed or even condemned them.

Quote:
Because the other option is that he's a pathological liar. The faulty earpiece or whatever nonsense he is spewing is incredibly weak.
How is it weak?

Were you there?

No.

Do those ear pieces fail a lot?

Yes.

To make a big deal about this, but not Democrats like Hillary openly supporting Occupy Wall Street while Oakland is burning down and OWS is rioting is beyond absurd.

Just give it a rest already.

This constant playing of the race card is just another example of the hypocritical political correctness that voters on all sides are getting tired of.

"The KKK's gonna gitcha!"

Yeah, right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections