Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 12:19 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,358,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You know he's taking a ton of donations from private citizens, no? That money will absolutely be used to fund his campaign OR repay his private stash for what he paid out of pocket.

He is NOT self-funded. He IS taking money from the American people. I wish he would, at least, be honest about that.
Oh, he's taking a TON of money from the banks and corporations he's in bed with too. Just because they arent directly contributing to his campaign doesn't mean anything. Anyone who thinks this billionaire clown gives two craps about the American people are nuts. He only cares about promoting himself and his brand and making himself and his friends richer and more powerful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 12:26 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,366,196 times
Trump has his groupies so fooled. As John Oliver points out in the video in post #6 of this thread, Trump loaned his own campaign $17.5 million and has personally given just $250,000. And that's important, because up until the convention he can pay himself back for the loan with campaign funds.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:30 PM

18,774 posts, read 18,302,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Oh, he's taking a TON of money from the banks and corporations he's in bed with too. Just because they arent directly contributing to his campaign doesn't mean anything. Anyone who thinks this billionaire clown gives two craps about the American people are nuts. He only cares about promoting himself and his brand and making himself and his friends richer and more powerful.

We aren't listening! Look at the polls. Trump will triumph tomorrow again!

Old 02-29-2016, 01:50 PM

20,143 posts, read 16,280,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
Trump has his groupies so fooled. As John Oliver points out in the video in post #6 of this thread, Trump loaned his own campaign $17.5 million and has personally given just $250,000. And that's important, because up until the convention he can pay himself back for the loan with campaign funds.
You beat me to this, I keep trying to point out that Trump has LOANED his campaign the bulk of it's funding money, not donated it. He has donated in the neighborhood of $250,000 - $280,000. Not a small amount, but not exactly self funding either. I would love to know the interest rates of those loans. Trump is doing what Trump does, playing fast and loose with loopholes and definitions.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:58 PM

26,233 posts, read 22,402,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
So, Trump would be beholding to himself? This is no surprise either since I knew he was loaning money to his campaign.

What is so funny is that the anti-Trumps keep coming up with "bombshells" that were in the news a few months ago. Obviously, anyone that is well informed already knows the ins and outs of their candidates.

Most of these "stories" are now being regurgitated and like "throw up" in general, just aren't anything that people have a desire for.

I guess Trump supporters are just well informed about their candidate. I would suggest others spend their time trying to figure out why their candidates are doing so poorly.

Super Tuesday!

Old 02-29-2016, 02:10 PM

27,821 posts, read 16,335,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Trump is doing what Trump does, playing fast and loose with loopholes and definitions.
And Winning.. Thats what great leaders do All Aboard!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections