Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 09:29 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,302,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
You better show some sources to back up the claim that Trump is embracing white supremacists and neo-Nazi groups, or nobody will every take you seriously again.

Trump as already disavows David Duke, and said clearly that he doesn't want his support.
He didn't make the comment, the current Speaker of the House, and nominal head of the Republican Party did.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:30 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 7 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,604,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I haven't seen anything anywhere showing Trump "embrace" white supremacists and neo Nazi groups. Maybe you have some proof no one else has or maybe you just like to make up this stuff.
Show it to me. Trump denounced David Duke at least twice and has never endorsed or embraced any white supremacist or neo Nazi.
If you can actually prove this, you might be on the national news. Everything else is only videos of Trump saying he won't denounce groups he doesn't know anything about.
Even assuming he never embraced the neo-Nazi groups themselves, I can assure you Trumps rhetoric about racial minorities and immigrants is strikingly similar to Duke's in 1991. Even worse, Duke's rhetoric was actually less blatant and uncouth in the Louisiana race than Trump's is today. Yes..Duke actually was more polite than Trump! So embracings or not, Trump's rhetoric and tone is way, WAY too similar to Duke's to make him fit to be anything more than an actual literal pimp - if that (apologies to pimps out there).

Old 03-01-2016, 09:32 AM

17,349 posts, read 11,305,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
If you have to claim that you don't know enough about the KKK to denounce them, then you're allowing the endorsement.

Because he's dragged his feet at this, I think nothing short of a clear statement that racism and that support has no place in the Republican Party or in society at large is going to satisfy the rank and file R's.
You just proved my point. Thank you for showing everyone you have absolutely no proof of this and at best you just aren't happy that he didn't denounce these groups fast enough.
When you say "embrace" that's your imagination running wild because you hate Trump. Nothing wrong with hating Trump, but don't make up stories like he "embraces" white supremacists and neo- Nazis. That's an outright lie.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:33 AM

39,086 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Quote:
I haven't seen anything anywhere showing Trump "embrace" white supremacists and neo Nazi groups. Maybe you have some proof no one else has or maybe you just like to make up this stuff.
Show it to me. Trump denounced David Duke at least twice and has never endorsed or embraced any white supremacist or neo Nazi.
If you can actually prove this, you might be on the national news. Everything else is only videos of Trump saying he won't denounce groups he doesn't know anything about.
You're not serious, are you? Is there anyone on earth other than Trump who does not know what the KKK is about?

Old 03-01-2016, 09:45 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,302,027 times
Quote:
You just proved my point. Thank you for showing everyone you have absolutely no proof of this and at best you just aren't happy that he didn't denounce these groups fast enough.
When you say "embrace" that's your imagination running wild because you hate Trump. Nothing wrong with hating Trump, but don't make up stories like he "embraces" white supremacists and neo- Nazis. That's an outright lie.
I don't care if he gets an endorsement from the ghost of Mussolini himself. I didn't say he embraced it, I said it appears that he's allowing it, and it is the head of his party that has the problem with it. The word "embrace" never appeared in my posts.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:04 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,451,290 times
OP - you conveniently left out the time that David Duke ran for office as a Democrat. Dishonest...

Old 03-01-2016, 10:16 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,294,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Nope, but they have that rule (40?) if Trump can't get 8 states with a majority. Even then, a floor fight would mean that delegates have to change their support and I doubt that Trump's delegates would do that. Maybe the party breaks up and the conservatives run a third party. It is going to be interesting, I think.
Well he already has gotten three and is projected to win at least seven tonight.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
OP - you conveniently left out the time that David Duke ran for office as a Democrat. Dishonest...
Yes, in 1988. Lets continue pulling up ancient history to try and score points though shall we?

Old 03-01-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Nope, but they have that rule (40?) if Trump can't get 8 states with a majority. Even then, a floor fight would mean that delegates have to change their support and I doubt that Trump's delegates would do that. Maybe the party breaks up and the conservatives run a third party. It is going to be interesting, I think.
My guess is they would use rather very little known about methods in the convention in order to take the election from him. To my understanding they are free to alter the rules right before the convention. So they could in theory change in a way to ensure he loses. That would of course backfire and ensure he ran as an independent. For all the talk about it, most Republican legislators will fall in line and support him in the end.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:27 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,844,206 times
Quote:
Paul Ryan spoke this morning and suggested that the Republicans will not nominate Trump if he continues with his embrace of white supremacists and neo-Nazi groups.

Gimmeabreak.

That didn't take long. It's nothing more than.a fable that Trump is "embracing" either the KKK or Neo-Nazis.

And that little back-stabbing turd Ryan is why people are backing someone other than an anointed (by him and his gang) Republican. What a crock of baloney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections