Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 01:36 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times

Advertisements

Great idea for the Democrats since assures them a win. Who comes up with this insanity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 02:15 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Great idea for the Democrats since assures them a win. Who comes up with this insanity?
Considering that Rubio and Kasich both beat Hillary and Sanders in head-to-head polls by a larger margin than any other candidates, in every single poll, even ones that give Trump a slight chance, please explain how such a ticket would assure a win for Democrats.

Old 03-01-2016, 02:24 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
So, a ticket that includes 2 that are for amnesty and 1, who in addition to supporting amnesty, also wants to increase the number of H1-B visas. All this while Americans go without work.

Kasich/Rubio? No thanks.

Old 03-01-2016, 02:32 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
My immediate reaction was that Kasich would do well to keep an eye on the floor for banana peels if they did win.

Old 03-01-2016, 02:38 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So, a ticket that includes 2 that are for amnesty and 1, who in addition to supporting amnesty, also wants to increase the number of H1-B visas. All this while Americans go without work.

Kasich/Rubio? No thanks.
You mean like this fellow supports amnesty?

Donald Trump supports legal residency for "good" illegal aliens

That Time Donald Trump Had A Meeting With DREAMers And Said; "You Convinced Me On Immigration" - BuzzFeed News

Blog: 'Dreamers' convinced Trump to support amnesty...in 2014

Who knew? Trump favors amnesty for undocumented immigrants

Donald Trump's amnesty plan

But, let me guess, it's different because it's Trump.

Old 03-01-2016, 02:51 PM

952 posts, read 518,437 times
Quote:

Kasich/Rubio? No thanks.
Is that a stock reaction to any Repub pair, or is there another duo you would rather see?

Old 03-01-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

But, let me guess, it's different because it's Trump.
I grant you, I disagree with Trump when he says he wants to let some illegals back into this country. However, who else is talking about the wall and stopping illegal immigration? Certainly not Kasich or Rubio.

Did you vote yet? Did you make up your mind before going? Or did you go to your local polling place and agonize over the republican ballot? Mind you, I'm not asking for whom you cast your vote---only if you made up your mind and voted.

Again, no way would I vote for a Kasich/Rubio ticket.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
Is that a stock reaction to any Repub pair, or is there another duo you would rather see?
Good question and I will answer. Today I went and cast my vote for Trump. Should he win, I have no idea as to who will be the VP on the ticket

I'm an independent who was once a staunch democrat. There was a time when dems truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Today they put illegals ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans. Neither party is looking out for Americans but at one time I expected (and got) much, much more from the dems. Today's dems have lost their way. That said, if the choice were between a RINO or a bluedog dem, I would take the bluedog as they remember what dems once stood for.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:27 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Can Kasich even win Ohio? I have seen more than one article saying he may not.

Gov. Kasich on the ropes in Ohio? Sullivan's Morning Musings | cleveland.com

Rubio can only win when they cheat for him.

Not probably the best choice of a ticket.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:41 PM

952 posts, read 518,437 times
Quote:
Good question and I will answer. Today I went and cast my vote for Trump. Should he win, I have no idea as to who will be the VP on the ticket

I'm an independent who was once a staunch democrat. There was a time when dems truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Today they put illegals ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans. Neither party is looking out for Americans but at one time I expected (and got) much, much more from the dems. Today's dems have lost their way. That said, if the choice were between a RINO or a bluedog dem, I would take the bluedog as they remember what dems once stood for.

I walked in your shoes for a good deal of my life.....then RR became pres and I looked in the mirror one day and said "EEEEEEEEKKKKK!!! I think I may be a Repub!!!!" Many years since then, went and changed to Indy because I couldn't stomach the Moral Majority movement at that time (Christian, but know how to separate politics from my religion).

Now just searching for a candidate that I can trust to do the right thing and can believe in. Is that too much to ask???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections