Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 09:06 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,178,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by schvuggie View Post
Yeaaaaaaaaaa, you were also saying he would never compete against Rubio and Cruz....you are reaching, lol
Did I? I'm a Dem so I really don't care much who wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 09:08 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,931,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I am not sure this is a bad thing for Trump. He's said nothing overtly racist - a lot of dog whistle rhetoric I hear in my affluent community frequently, right or wrong. I have an autographed copy of Duke's My Awakening, and Duke is an amazing writer, lucid thinker, and clearly an intelligent man. Duke was saying many of the things Trump alludes to years ago that are only spoken of privately, and Trump has been essentially a human shield that makes discussing these issues acceptable now. If anything, I think Trump has motivated millions of white, working class voters who were marginally involved in the political process, at best, to get in on his behalf.
The thought that any human being would want an autographed copy of the compiled rants of an avowed and unapologetic racist is sickening. Stick to whining about work place issues..

Old 03-01-2016, 09:09 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,978,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
-It was a joke.
My bad, I forgot it was coming from a clown, not a presidential candidate

Old 03-01-2016, 09:10 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
I am not sure this is a bad thing for Trump. He's said nothing overtly racist - a lot of dog whistle rhetoric I hear in my affluent community frequently, right or wrong. I have an autographed copy of Duke's My Awakening, and Duke is an amazing writer, lucid thinker, and clearly an intelligent man. Duke was saying many of the things Trump alludes to years ago that are only spoken of privately, and Trump has been essentially a human shield that makes discussing these issues acceptable now. If anything, I think Trump has motivated millions of white, working class voters who were marginally involved in the political process, at best, to get in on his behalf.
Um republicans who have conviction. My brother who is far more conservative (at least on the fiscal side) and less PC especially when it comes to say #OscarsSoWhite stated he is seriously considering a candidate he was writing off. I responded does it rhyme with "stump" or "bill" and he responded "hee-haw." That should tell you something that can worry the RNC if Trump continues freight-training. We are honestly looking at a the potential for a Goldwater in 64 situation except that wss technically an incumbent rather than two fresh candidates. That math should cause the RNC to think a brokered convention may not be a bad idea. As I asked before, What's the use of running a candidate who you don't even have faith in winning the White House...

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I didn't vote for Trump in the primary and tonight he highlighted my issues with him in this press conference. He concentrates on the same issues I consider important and have for a while but I'm just not hearing those details I need in order to get behind him. He did far better in this press conference than I've heard from him before and does seem to have a good grasp on which issues are important to the voting public. However, between delivery of message and lack of details, he's not there yet.
There's this issue too. He merely talks issues but has no path to get there. How exactly fires Mexico pay for the wall? How would Mexico pay for illegals coming through that aren't even Mexican? How can his tax plan be viable and not be anything more than Bush era tax cuts part deux?

Quote:
I think there are a lot of primarily white, lower class, blue collar Dems crossing over Trump. See the result in MA.
That is the only state I could see that but perhaps it is just those who hardly ever do primary voting. I do but as a registered independent in Arizona, I cannot vote in a presidential primary without declaring a party. I can't do that even to pick a lesser evil on the Republican side...

Quote:
It is awesome watching CNN and seeing Van Jones, Anderson Cooper, and Blitzer so resigned about how well Mr Trump is doing....it is their worst nightmare!!!!
It's still the primaries, don't put a whole lot of weight into that.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:10 PM

273 posts, read 140,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
You just went against quite a lot of political analyst....
Owl, we agree on that....these so called experts have been proven WRONG!!!! Not once, but time and time again!!!!

How pathetic is it, that these candidates are not in it to win, their goal is to stop Mr Trump

Tell me the last time that has happened, where political strategists focus isn't not to win for their candidate, but try to stop another candidate

Old 03-01-2016, 09:11 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,978,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
If Christie had any dignity whatsoever, it's all gone now. What a pathetic sight..
As much as I dislike Christie I kind of felt bad for him. He looked very uncomfortable.

If Trump doesn't win the presidency, this will be career suicide for him.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:12 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,766,127 times
Quote:
Rubio also said he would win Super Tuesday....how's that working out?
Seems that Trump isn't getting as many delegates as we had hoped, that's the reality. Again, I support Trump, but you also need to face reality that the GOP does not want him elected president, and they are going to do whatever they can to see to it that it doesn't happen. That's not me being against Trump, that's the damn facts.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:16 PM

35,102 posts, read 31,358,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Um republicans who have conviction. My brother who is far more conservative (at least on the fiscal side) and less PC especially when it comes to say #OscarsSoWhite stated he is seriously considering a candidate he was writing off. I responded does it rhyme with "stump" or "bill" and he responded "hee-haw." That should tell you something that can worry the RNC if Trump continues freight-training. We are honestly looking at a the potential for a Goldwater in 64 situation except that wss technically an incumbent rather than two fresh candidates. That math should cause the RNC to think a brokered convention may not be a bad idea. As I asked before, What's the use of running a candidate who you don't even have faith in winning the White House..

There's this issue too. He merely talks issues but has no path to get there. How exactly fires Mexico pay for the wall? How would Mexico pay for illegals coming through that aren't even Mexican? How can his tax plan be viable and not be anything more than Bush era tax cuts part deux

That is the only state I could see that but perhaps it is just those who hardly ever do primary voting. I do but as a registered independent in Arizona, I cannot vote in a presidential primary without declaring a party. I can't do that even to pick a lesser evil on the Republican side...

It's still the primaries, don't put a whole lot of weight into that.
I have absolute faith Trump can win and firmly believe there is a lot of untapped and unmonitored Trump support out there. Supporting Trump is almost akin to saying you're a racist - you might privately think it, but won't publicly acknowledge it. As tainted as Clinton is and given Trump's personality, he'll pretty much run her through a political woodchipper.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:16 PM

273 posts, read 140,205 times
Mr Trump just won Arkansas....6 states tonight that he has won

Old 03-01-2016, 09:19 PM

3,333 posts, read 1,966,519 times
Default Indeed!

Quote:
It is awesome watching CNN and seeing Van Jones, Anderson Cooper, and Blitzer so resigned about how well Mr Trump is doing....it is their worst nightmare!!!!
And considering how the TrumpHate has ramped up on this site I would say the delusion left is beginning to understand what they are about to bring upon themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections