Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 09:19 PM

35,102 posts, read 31,350,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
The thought that any human being would want an autographed copy of the compiled rants of an avowed and unapologetic racist is sickening. Stick to whining about work place issues..
If you actually read Duke's material, he is what he calls a "racial realist." Basically, he believes in the separation of the races, and doing that which each race is good at. He is not the homicidal maniac people make him out to be.

People have for years branded anyone who sticks up for the rights of white people as some sort of genocidal nut job. I think Duke is wrong on the Jews and goes too far sometimes, but he is largely correct in many of his theses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 09:20 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,669,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Trump has a better shot at taking the fall election than any of the remaining alternatives (Cruz Rubio, Kasich have no cross-country appeal).

The Party is spending too much time trying skewer the Donald rather than trying to figure out why he is so popular and adjusting to the preference changes in the conservative electorate. I don't see any candidate capable of wresting the nomination from Trump. Continued attacks by establishment Republicans are just going to further alienate the rank and file conservatives, while bolstering the Democrats chances in both the presidential and congressional elections.
For once a sensible balanced post.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,920,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I have absolute faith Trump can win and firmly believe there is a lot of untapped and unmonitored Trump support out there. Supporting Trump is almost akin to saying you're a racist - you might privately think it, but won't publicly acknowledge it. As tainted as Clinton is and given Trump's personality, he'll pretty much run her through a political woodchipper.
There can easily be people who are rah-rah Trump but then may sit and think about it for the next nine months and realize, it isn't such a good idea. That or some moderate Republican comes in as a third party and sweeps in on the home team republicans. It's still far out to give true views but I do think the numbers right now don't favor Trump, essentially in the purple states and other states Trump (Let let alone ANY Republican) needs to win on top of what Romney got. I honestly think the stay at home vote for Romney was overstated before anyone brings that up...

Old 03-01-2016, 09:22 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,669,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schvuggie View Post
How pathetic is it, that these candidates are not in it to win, their goal is to stop Mr Trump

Tell me the last time that has happened, where political strategists focus isn't not to win for their candidate, but try to stop another candidate
LOL.. You think they are all wrong?!?!?!?!?!?!? they were talking about the other candidates being stating in the race in which could make trump not have enough delegates for the nomination or by convention time

Old 03-01-2016, 09:27 PM

273 posts, read 140,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
LOL.. You think they are all wrong?!?!?!?!?!?!? they were talking about the other candidates being stating in the race in which could make trump not have enough delegates for the nomination or by convention time
They also said he wasn't a viable candidate....did you conveniently forget that?

How often do they have to be proven wrong

What's next owl, do you now jump on the bandwagon of "he will never win the nomination"?

If he wins that, do you tape your ankles and jump on the bandwagon of "he will never beat HILdebeast"?

What will be your prediction when he is getting sworn in?

Old 03-01-2016, 09:31 PM

35,102 posts, read 31,350,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
There can easily be people who are rah-rah Trump but then may sit and think about it for the next nine months and realize, it isn't such a good idea. That or some moderate Republican comes in as a third party and sweeps in on the home team republicans. It's still far out to give true views but I do think the numbers right now don't favor Trump, essentially in the purple states and other states Trump (Let let alone ANY Republican) needs to win on top of what Romney got. I honestly think the stay at home vote for Romney was overstated before anyone brings that up...
Is Trump perfect? Absolutely not, and I think some of the Jesusland vote in the party will stay home, but I think a lot of that, and likely more, is going to be made up by voters who are not traditionally Republican.

Who else is out there now to dethrone Trump? Romney - a two-time loser? Romney is a great man and would make a great leader, but he falls into every bit of Trump's narrative. He'd get torn to shreds by Trump./ Trump has slain all the party giants. He is the giant now. There is no savior for the GOPe.

Trump is this weird hybrid of George Wallace, Perot, and Reagan. His campaign is a once in a lifetime deal.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:45 PM

3,125 posts, read 2,074,423 times
Attempts at labeling Trump a racist is a strategy that will backfire. It likely will strengthen his support. Many Americans are fed up with the relentless accusations of racism for the last 7 years.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:46 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,669,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schvuggie View Post
They also said he wasn't a viable candidate....did you conveniently forget that?

How often do they have to be proven wrong

What's next owl, do you now jump on the bandwagon of "he will never win the nomination"?

If he wins that, do you tape your ankles and jump on the bandwagon of "he will never beat HILdebeast"?

What will be your prediction when he is getting sworn in?
Ohhh now you're like going on record saying he will be President?!? SMMFH LOLOLOLOLOL

And why the **** are you saying and thinking that I've made predictions before and after that were wrong??? HUH??????? And that I'm on some or going to bandwagon? Huh???.. Its all in your ****** ******* head..

Old 03-01-2016, 09:51 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,176,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
As much as I dislike Christie I kind of felt bad for him. He looked very uncomfortable.

If Trump doesn't win the presidency, this will be career suicide for him.
Yep, he has burned his final bridge. He did look like a guy who just found out someone mailed pictures of him cheating with the babysitter to his wife.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:51 PM

273 posts, read 140,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
Ohhh now you're like going on record saying he will be President?!? SMMFH LOLOLOLOLOL

And who the **** said I ever made predictions before and after that were wrong??? HUH??????? And that I'm on some or going to bandwagon? Huh???.. Its all in your ****** ******* head...
I was following a progression....do I want him to be president, ABSOLUTELY....do I know or guarantee that, of course not....I am tired of the contrarians. "He won't run"...."He isn't a viable candidate"...."He won't win any primaries"

So keep doubting, and he keeps getting stronger
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections