Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 10:39 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I'm not so sure about that. I don't see the moderate and well-educated Repubs ever going for Trump. Right now they are splitting their votes among the other candidates. Look at the analysis from yesterday about who voted for who.

I'm in the middle and both of these choices are terrible for me. It may be the first election I sit out. Or vote third party or write-in.
Most of the vote is going to Trump and Cruz. I'm sure you would say the same thing about Cruz. As another thread here shows, Hillary has the same problem. Many who vote Sanders simply will not vote for Hillary under any circumstance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 10:41 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,909,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Ted Cruz is no answer for a moderate Republicans either. He's a hard core, anti-abortion, gay hating evangelical.

To me he's the most dangerous person in the race ideologically. The thought that he could be nominating 2, maybe 3 supreme court justices over his term is just to scary to contemplate. He'd put evangelical anti-abortion anti-gay extremists in there and wouldn't compromise in any way.

You will not get that from any other candidate in the race except maybe Rubio, and he isn't winning.
Couldn't agree more--Cruz is an unapologetic extremist, and is the worst candidate out there.

Kasich is the only rational GOP guy left, and he's banking on winning Ohio and Michigan to save his campaign..

Old 03-02-2016, 10:44 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,927,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Kasich does better with Democrats than Republicans in polling. He doesn't have a negative image that would prevent Republicans from voting for him and in every head-to-head poll he beats Hillary or Bernie.
Can we get Kasich to run as an Independent? I think he could pull a lot of votes from both parties. Who would win in a 3-way race: Trump - Kasich - Clinton?

Old 03-02-2016, 10:55 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,473 times
Remember when your mother said, "if you play with fire, sooner or later you're going to get burned", so some of us got burned before we learned to respect the dangers of fire. I think this is a very necessary and painful lesson that the whole country needs to endure, so that we make a point to not hurt ourselves again. The absurdity of Trump's popularity and the reality of having Hillary shoved down our throats, is the result of a weak government and an out of control political machine. After this election there needs to be a lot of re-building by both parties, to re-gain the confidence and integrity that the voters expect from our government leaders. Failure to do that is going to result in ever more aggressive revolution and their ability to control, ..... I mean govern our country.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:23 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,134,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Better than a bunch of liars up there feeding the people a bunch of sweet sounding words of what they will do for us working Americans and do nothing but talk and talk and talk.

The democrats are race dividers for power, the Rinos do nothing about immigration, the working class Americans are no longer represented as they are being destroyed with new taxes called Obamacare, lower wages, and unemployment.

The white collar class with be the next to be destroyed as the illegals are offered college on the taxpayers dime. It is happening in NJ .. if an illegal can prove they are there for three years, they can get in-state tuition, (a a big cut in costs) paid by us working Americans.

15 States Now Grant In-State Tuition To Undocumented Immigrants
I am so sick of Americans being treated like second class citizens in our own country. Funding illegals to displace Americans. With the over 30% in effing taxes on my salary?? *insert many expletives here*. This is why I'd prefer Trump over Hillary. I'm not sold that he'll really protect American jobs, but at least he probably wouldn't go for something like free college for illegals.

Still, THAT is what I want candidates to discuss. Not personal attacks on things like looks, love life, or other irrelevant nonsense.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:46 AM

39,219 posts, read 27,582,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I am so sick of Americans being treated like second class citizens in our own country. Funding illegals to displace Americans. With the over 30% in effing taxes on my salary?? *insert many expletives here*. This is why I'd prefer Trump over Hillary. I'm not sold that he'll really protect American jobs, but at least he probably wouldn't go for something like free college for illegals.

Still, THAT is what I want candidates to discuss. Not personal attacks on things like looks, love life, or other irrelevant nonsense.
I totally agree with you.

Personally, I don't think Trump himself is a racist. I've talked to many of my friends of all colors in real life, none believes he is a racist. White supremacist groups are some desperate folks, they view enforcing immigration law = throwing out colored people. Of course Trump will have some racists followers.

I think Trump will secure the border, he should be able to bring some of the manufacture jobs back (not all, but some), I don't believe Trump is a hawk. I doubt he would start another useless war, or waste trillions of dollars and thousands of american troops lives.

I think America will have a stronger economy, more people will have jobs. when economy is getting better, people will calm the hell down a little.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:12 PM

549 posts, read 292,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

Again? Surely, you jest.

Thanks to the current WH occupant, we've been a laughingstock on the world stage for the last 8 years with our toothless consequences and angry letters.

Jeesh --still butt-hurt since 2008. I guarantee you, the world won't want to hurl a shoe at obama at the end of his term. If trump's elected, they'll want to throw a shoe on day 1...

Old 03-02-2016, 12:35 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Can we get Kasich to run as an Independent? I think he could pull a lot of votes from both parties. Who would win in a 3-way race: Trump - Kasich - Clinton?
I'd still vote Hillary, I can't trust a Republican congress not screwing it up.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:44 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,221,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I'd still vote Hillary, I can't trust a Republican congress not screwing it up.
But you could trust Hillary?

Old 03-02-2016, 12:48 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,627,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
But you could trust Hillary?
I trust Hillary 100% to do more of the same. The top 1%, now owns 50% of the nation's wealth. The Plutocracy with Clinton as the Head Stooge will continue the massive wealth transfer. It's been going on now for close to 20 years starting with the Bush/Hubby Regime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections