Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 12:45 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The REAL sellout is Cruz and HIS supporters teaming up with the Establishment.

Cruz has more real estate in your head than Trump has in his portfolio!

Trump has several campaign staffers that are currently/formerly associated with the Koch funded American for Prosperity. But Cruz is establishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 12:59 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Trump would need a politically savvy insider as VP to navigate the quagmire of the Congress, which isn't Carson.

Given Carson's medical background, he would likely be a very good Surgeon General.
Maybe, but that's pretty much a figurehead job and a waste of money. I agree that VP should not be an option (Marco Rubio would have been the best choice) - I think few know how involved in Education Carson is. He's written a lot of books about it. He might make a good Secretary of Education and get that department under some control and shrinkage. Carson is not your typical Union Educator.

Donald Trump has said many times that the Republican Candidate field was loaded with talent and he expected to pick some from among them to serve in his administration.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:04 PM

5,854 posts, read 5,291,299 times
I swear Ben Carson is on some kind of drugs. Being a neurosurgeon, he probably has access to some REALLY GOOD drugs. What he says half the time isn't even coherent and he looks like he is ready to fall asleep at any moment.

Cat

Old 03-15-2016, 01:05 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,477,534 times
Carson admits he prefers the other candidates but endorsed Trump because Trump offered him a job.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:13 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,758,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik1680 View Post
Can I draft his VP campaign slogans? Please??!!

"Carson - That Black friend you keep referring to."

"Carson - He's one of the good ones."

"Carson - Who needs collard greens when you can have fruit salad?!"

"articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy"

“light-skinned with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.”

Old 03-15-2016, 01:15 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,923,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Carson super-PAC morphs into VP vehicle | TheHill

After spending more than $10 million in a failed bid to make Ben Carson president, the main super-PAC supporting the retired neurosurgeon is now transforming itself into a big-money vehicle designed to make Carson Trump's vice presidential pick.

The goal, says the pro-Carson super-PAC's founder John Philip Sousa IV, is for Carson to provide moral guidance to the billionaire New York real-estate developer.

I feel bad for Carson supporters. He is just another sell out.
i see no problem with that.

you must have a different idea on selling out than i do.

actually, i think he would be a very good VP choice.

either ron paul, rand paul, or ben carson would be good for independent and democratic votes.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:16 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,978,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I swear Ben Carson is on some kind of drugs. Being a neurosurgeon, he probably has access to some REALLY GOOD drugs. What he says half the time isn't even coherent and he looks like he is ready to fall asleep at any moment.

Cat
I actually have thought the same thing. He's like a zombie. He reminds of Diane Keaton in "The Glass House". He is even a little passive agressive like that character. Must be a side effect.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:17 PM

465 posts, read 257,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
"articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy"

“light-skinned with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.”

Light-skinned?!

Sir, the color dial on your TV may be set to FUBAR.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:24 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,342,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The word is that Trump promised Carson a position in his administration in exchange for his endorsement.

Ben Carson: Trump Promised Me a Job

Those Carson supporters (all three of them) have to be feeling pretty used.
Of course he did, same thing with Christie. You really think Christie changed his mind on Trump over a months time just because?

Old 03-15-2016, 01:28 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Of course he did, same thing with Christie. You really think Christie changed his mind on Trump over a months time just because?

Actually, Trump and Christie have a long term friendship. Something like 13 years. They and their spouses dine together. You know, it just politics. But Trump is an "outsider" wink, wink, nudge, nudge!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections