Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 09:56 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,279,718 times

Advertisements

I actually hope they succeed in making Carson, Trumps VP pick. It would be hilarious seeing a good portion of Trump supporters head explode. It would also be a rude wakeup-calling to Trump about the nature of some his Murica supporters after they would turn his back on him for aligning himself with one of "them", you know after all Mr. Carson could be ISIS right?!

But who am I kidding, Trump is too clever and shrewd to make such a mistake as he knows exactly what type of support he is in good parts attracting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 05:20 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Trump for president, Carson for Surgeon General...
Seems the going price for that job is now $10 million and a new set of tires for the bus.

The job usually goes to a General or an Admiral for free. Ben should have chosen to be a military surgeon; it would have paid pretty well and sure wouldn't have cost him so much money. I think he could have risen to command rank, too- medical ability counts for a lot in that regard, and the promotion to General comes along with the job if it hasn't been achieved already.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
To the original point.....how is this any different than what has always happened? Johnson and Kennedy rarely saw eye to eye. Bush and Reagan had very different economic outlooks.

If Carson believes he can have more influence as VP as opposed to being a random news guest, why shouldn't he go for that?

Old 03-16-2016, 05:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Carson super-PAC morphs into VP vehicle | TheHill

After spending more than $10 million in a failed bid to make Ben Carson president, the main super-PAC supporting the retired neurosurgeon is now transforming itself into a big-money vehicle designed to make Carson Trump's vice presidential pick.

The goal, says the pro-Carson super-PAC's founder John Philip Sousa IV, is for Carson to provide moral guidance to the billionaire New York real-estate developer.

I feel bad for Carson supporters. He is just another sell out.
apparently yesterday Carson said, yes, he has been promised a job if Trump wins. I do not think he mentioned what job. I am guessing it is not VP

Old 03-16-2016, 05:57 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
So you supported Carson because he displayed Christian values but now you're not only okay with him supporting another candidate who has repeatedly displayed very un-Christian values, but you yourself are supporting that very un-Christian candidate ... I don't know what others call that but where I come from, that's called hypocrisy.

BTW, has Donald Trump found God? Where? In the men's room?
is this the pope?

who are you to determine whether he is a "Christian" candidate?

you know what i call hypocrisy?

when you pretend to know whether a person has Christian values without ever actually knowing them.

I guess most Americans think Trump is okay in that department, judging from yesterday's primaries, and I take him at his word. (as I do the other candidates)

Old 03-16-2016, 06:00 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Trump is nowhere so dumb as to select a VP before the nomination is in his pocket.

And if he's the nominee, you can bet the bank his choice won't be Carson when there are a dozen very popular Governors to choose from. Someone like Nicki Hayley would be a much better choice for him.

Carson may want an Ambassadorship, as they're cool and have lotsa caché, or possibly the Surgeon General. That would be a very good job he could do, and would probably do well in. the only problem is he has no military background, and the Surgeon General has always come from the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections