Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 08:00 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,639,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and how many have you asked: Ask the same question about Trump: I have, we live in a community with many vets plus I have family members who are vets or friends with kids that are active duty: None support Trump.
I was talking about Hillary, for your information.

Old 03-17-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and how many have you asked: Ask the same question about Trump: I have, we live in a community with many vets plus I have family members who are vets or friends with kids that are active duty: None support Trump.
My brother is a former Marine, He supported Ron Paul. ALL my best friends are active duty Marines, NONE supports Hillary Clinton, I can tell you that much.

I can also tell you they would RATHER vote for Donald Trump or Bernie Sanders, before they would vote for that woman. The only concern they have is that they doubt Donald Trump knows anything about foreign policy. puuuhahahah But don't assume they would go with Hillary Clinton simply because they hate Donald Trump so much. Not happening.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 03-17-2016 at 08:18 AM..

Old 03-17-2016, 09:15 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
My brother is a former Marine, He supported Ron Paul. ALL my best friends are active duty Marines, NONE supports Hillary Clinton, I can tell you that much.

I can also tell you they would RATHER vote for Donald Trump or Bernie Sanders, before they would vote for that woman. The only concern they have is that they doubt Donald Trump knows anything about foreign policy. puuuhahahah But don't assume they would go with Hillary Clinton simply because they hate Donald Trump so much. Not happening.
Sounds like a class case of projection. IF they are into war ~ I highly suggest Trump. He's already talking about sending 30,000 of our young men as 'boots on the ground'.

Most of the military folk I know IRL are Republican and would not vote for Hillary under any circumstance; nor would they vote for Bernie. They hate Trump. I'm not sure where that leaves them.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:20 AM

20,127 posts, read 16,179,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Sounds like a class case of projection. IF they are into war ~ I highly suggest Trump. He's already talking about sending 30,000 of our young men as 'boots on the ground'.

Most of the military folk I know IRL are Republican and would not vote for Hillary under any circumstance; nor would they vote for Bernie. They hate Trump. I'm not sure where that leaves them.
They are most likely like the military in my home, hoping those smoky room puppet masters are serious about running a third party candidate. It really boils down to not being able to hold your nose tight enough to vote for either of them.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Your first paragraph, I beg to differ.

I think Hillary Clinton is much of a bigger hawk than Trump, but that is just my opinion.

Your second paragraph, I agree with the bolded. But I don't agree with they hate Trump. If you think that many are obsessed with "i like people who are not captured" Then you should think again.

Many know that statement is a personal attack, not an attack to all pows.

Bernie Sanders, I don't know anybody who support him, but I also don't know any troops who hate him. Many think he is a decent man who is irrelevant in this election.

It is also very interesting to note that there is a cultural difference between military and civilians. I protested war once, and many of my military friends stopped talking to me because they thought I betrayed them. That is a shock to me. They love me for my compassion and love for the troop, they are frustrated with me because I don't want them to do their jobs. What a shock!

Many of my friends want to go back and finish the job with Isis. I don't know why do they want more war, but I am not a combat vet, so I don't claim I know exactly what they believe. So it is not entirely unreasonable that they want a stronger Commander-in-chief who will never betray them. I would assume they want somebody with military experience to lead the troops.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 03-17-2016 at 09:35 AM..

Old 03-17-2016, 09:37 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,962,372 times
Quote:
I am so not surprised.
I remember the 2008 and 2012 polls that showed this group supporting McCain and Romney, respectively.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I remember the 2008 and 2012 polls that showed this group supporting McCain and Romney, respectively.
simply because they were Republicans.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:40 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,962,372 times
Quote:
simply because they were Republicans.
Perhaps. My point was that this poll has no predictive information.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Perhaps. My point was that this poll has no predictive information.
I agree. But I will still say this, "I am not surprised." I would be surprised if they all of sudden support Hillary Clinton. (This said, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody's second cousin's grandson who is an active duty military supports her. Everything is possible)

I try to stay as reasonable as possible. Many Marines I know like Trump. They like what he has to say (no more, no less) They don't know if Trump knows anything about foreign policy though. That is their concern. They want their own military general or leader they respect to be the president, but they know it is not realistic. But hate Trump? I simply don't see it.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 03-17-2016 at 09:59 AM..

Old 03-17-2016, 11:29 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Your first paragraph, I beg to differ.

I think Hillary Clinton is much of a bigger hawk than Trump, but that is just my opinion.

Your second paragraph, I agree with the bolded. But I don't agree with they hate Trump. If you think that many are obsessed with "i like people who are not captured" Then you should think again.

Many know that statement is a personal attack, not an attack to all pows.

Bernie Sanders, I don't know anybody who support him, but I also don't know any troops who hate him. Many think he is a decent man who is irrelevant in this election.

It is also very interesting to note that there is a cultural difference between military and civilians. I protested war once, and many of my military friends stopped talking to me because they thought I betrayed them. That is a shock to me. They love me for my compassion and love for the troop, they are frustrated with me because I don't want them to do their jobs. What a shock!

Many of my friends want to go back and finish the job with Isis. I don't know why do they want more war, but I am not a combat vet, so I don't claim I know exactly what they believe. So it is not entirely unreasonable that they want a stronger Commander-in-chief who will never betray them. I would assume they want somebody with military experience to lead the troops.
About what? Trump said 30,000 boots on the ground. What do you 'differ' with about that?

When and where did I mention Trump's diss of POW's? Oh, nowhere. But thanks for reminding me to 'think again' about something I never said.

If they are looking for experience - it's aint' Trump with his deferment due to that pesky 'bone spur'; and it ain't Bernie who was a CO; and Hillary has never fought in combat so . . I guess they ARE hoping for a third party.

FYI - My father was a Lt Col in the Army and I was a military brat; I still have many family members in the military and reserves and not one wants Trump as President.

That's my personal experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections