Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 11:59 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
About what? Trump said 30,000 boots on the ground. What do you 'differ' with about that?

When and where did I mention Trump's diss of POW's? Oh, nowhere. But thanks for reminding me to 'think again' about something I never said.

If they are looking for experience - it's aint' Trump with his deferment due to that pesky 'bone spur'; and it ain't Bernie who was a CO; and Hillary has never fought in combat so . . I guess they ARE hoping for a third party.

FYI - My father was a Lt Col in the Army and I was a military brat; I still have many family members in the military and reserves and not one wants Trump as President.

That's my personal experience.
So? So your father's opinion and your opinion are the only opinions count?

I don't know what you are arguing here.

Trump's hawkish tone does not change the fact that he is a dove. Hillary clinton is a bigger hawk than trump, that is the ONLY point I was trying to make. And that is MY opinion.

Opinion varies. Your's or your father's might or might not be the truth.

Who said ALL military want trump to be the president?! Did I say that? I just said They have concerns because they don't know if Trump knows anything about foreign policy. But I certainly don't see any "hate" there. I certainly don't see they all vote for H simply because they hate Trump. I also am saying I am not surprised that many support Bernie sanders or Donald Trump. I also am saying I would be surprised if they all vote for Clinton simply because they hate Donald Trump. LOL

and my bro is a former combat Marine held 0321 MOS, my two uncles are pogs who are not political, so I wouldn't say they are former military. My friends are military, many boyfriends are military. My opinion based on my own experience is that they want their own military leaders to be the president, but they know it is not realistic. Not sure what the hell are you arguing about.

Don't tell me they ALL want third party, They ALL this and They ALL that.

dependapotamus and true millitary wives might have completely different opinions on certain issues. Combat troops and others might have different opinions, peace time and war time might have different opinions. Enlisted and officers might have different opinions, honorably discharged and dishonorably discharged might have different opinion. Active duty and veterans might have different opinions.

Just sayin'

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 03-17-2016 at 12:16 PM..

Old 03-17-2016, 12:05 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
I can understand our troops supporting Trump. We have a lot of far right raging neo nazi right wingers in the military.

U.S. Military Battling White Supremacists, Neo-Nazis In Its Own Ranks
No, we don't. There have been a few but after 8 years in the military I can tell you your characterization is wildly inaccurate.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:08 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
So? So your father's opinion and your opinion are the only opinions count?

I don't know what you are arguing here.

Trump's hawkish tone does not change the fact that he is a dove. Hillary clinton is a bigger hawk than trump, that is the ONLY point I was trying to make. And that is MY opinion.

Opinion varies. Your's or your father's might or might not be the truth.

Who said ALL military want trump to be the president?! Did I say that? I just said They have concerns because they don't know if Trump knows anything about foreign policy. But I certainly don't see any "hate" there. I certainly don't see they all vote for H simply because they hate Trump. I also am saying I am not surprised that many support Bernie sanders or Donald Trump. I also am saying I would be surprised if they all vote for Clinton simply because they hate Donald Trump. LOL

and my bro is a former combat Marine held 0321 MOS, my two uncles are pogs who are not political, so I wouldn't say they are former military. My friends are military, many boyfriends are military. My opinion based on my own experience is that they want their own military leaders to be the president, but they know it is not realistic. Not sure what the hell are you arguing about.

Don't tell me they ALL want third party, They ALL this and They ALL that.

dependapotamus and true millitary wives might have completely different opinions on certain issues. Combat troops and others might have different opinions, peace time and war time might have different opinions. Enlisted and officers might have different opinions, honorably discharged and dishonorably discharged might have different opinion. Active duty and veterans might have different opinions.

Just sayin'

You must have a great deal of free time on your hands and a rather churlish tone for no reason that I can see.

I'm glad you finally clarified that all of this is YOUR OPINION because it is certainly not mine; nor is it MY experience.

Did I say that they ALLLLLLL want third party? I'm not sure what the HELL you are arguing about. It was YOU that reminded me to 'think again' about the military caring about Trump's slander of John McCain whilst I never mentioned him once.

You seem to like to argue for no particular reason. We know you love Trump and hate Hillary. Your prerogative. Why be so sensitive about it?

Old 03-17-2016, 02:13 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Military Times survey: Troops back Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders for president

"In an exclusive survey of American military personnel, Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders emerged as active-duty service members' top choices to become the next commander in chief."
Not this troop.

As a vet with 23 yrs, I found most of the troops who I worked with had less knowledge about politics than the everyday citizen. Didn't have the time to watch all the new shows or research the candidates.

I'd use the vet's preferences as a poor indicator of the right or wrong candidate.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:23 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
This is completely meaningless as far as the general election, because the soldiers are well known to be predominantly Republican. Don't believe me? Just look up the studies that this publications has done in the past regarding party affiliation in the military.

Mick

Old 03-17-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:

You seem to like to argue for no particular reason. We know you love Trump and hate Hillary. Your prerogative. Why be so sensitive about it?
I have no ideas what you really are arguing about to be completely honest.

You quoted me first, remember? No, you don't know I love Trump and hate Hillary. you perhaps know I hate Hillary (although hate is a strong word), You don't know I love Trump. I don't. I am so glad that you know me better than I know myself

I don't like to argue, i can tell you that much. I see no point of arguing. and in term of "you must have too much time. blah blah" same can be said about you, Just sayin'

we know you love Hillary, hate Trump, so what? This is a free country. lol normally, I don't make this type of idiotic and useless statement, but since you started, so I figured you wouldn't mind that I make this wild assumption about you.

Old 03-17-2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:
I have no ideas what you really are arguing about to be completely honest.

You quoted me first, remember? No, you don't know I love Trump and hate Hillary. you perhaps know I hate Hillary (although hate is a strong word), You don't know I love Trump. I don't. I am so glad that you know me better than I know myself

I don't like to argue, i can tell you that much. I see no point of arguing. and in term of "you must have too much time. blah blah" same can be said about you, Just sayin'

we know you love Hillary, hate Trump, so what? This is a free country. lol normally, I don't make this type of idiotic and useless statement, but since you started, so I figured you wouldn't mind that I make this wild assumption about you.
Whatever dude. I have no more time for this chit.

Old 03-17-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Whatever dude. I have no more time for this chit.

Sure you do. Don't lie Dude. Don't start any .. next time. Then you don't have to worry about it.

Old 03-17-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Sure you do. Don't lie Dude. Don't start any .. next time. Then you don't have to worry about it.
I'm something less than worried. I note you were on this in under one minute. Srsly. Find something constructive to do. Walk in the sunshine; anything might improve your mood.

Old 03-17-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I'm something less than worried. I note you were on this in under one minute. Srsly. Find something constructive to do. Walk in the sunshine; anything might improve your mood.
Same can be said about you. LOL take your own advice.

You quote me first, remember? lol

I also note you were on this in under one minute, right after you claimed you had no time for this chit. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections