Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 12:22 PM

7,653 posts, read 8,724,194 times

Advertisements

"Please vote for Hillary, because I owe her for the 2008 election."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 12:23 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,730,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Basically our President is saying more money and power will solve our problems - politics the American way!
Both parties need a good clearing out. Your seeing that on the Repug side.

The thing with the old Guard Democrats is they will march in lock step until the bitter end.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:24 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,391,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
One Criminal supporting another. How quaint.

That is funny since HIS Justice Department will indicting her. If he does not, the GOP can impeach Barack for tampering with the investigation.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
That is funny since HIS Justice Department will indicting her. If he does not, the GOP can impeach Barack for tampering with the investigation.

Not putting any money on it. As a matter of fact expect an outgoing across the board pardon if it doesn't get resolved before the election and Hildabeast McButter Pants doesn't win.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:26 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,977,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I agree, I think a sitting president should not endorse in a primary. But he's walked right up to the line more than once now and it's clear she has his support (not to mention some of his campaign staff, fund raisers, etc).

I don't think they are sweating the caucuses too much. There is a limited amount they can do anyway, because the nature of a caucus is so limited on who can attend. I live in a neighborhood with many, many families with young kids and only 2 of my neighbors were able to make it to our caucus. Doesn't mean people don't have an opinion but they just don't have the ability to devote 3 hours of time to caucusing, which is just about what it took once you factor in having to get there early and find parking, since attendance was high. The people who can attend a caucus tend to be a closer fit to Bernie's demographics. But there are no caucuses in November, so it's not a longer term concern.
386 delegates are at stake for the next 9 contests (6 caucuses, results from Democrats Abroad, and Arizona and Wisconsin primaries). If people think Hillary will be the nominee, they might not vote and she might end up only getting 1/3 of the 386 delegates which will revive huge momentum for Sanders

Old 03-17-2016, 12:27 PM

3,857 posts, read 1,794,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
As I said, he is not being pressured to withdraw from the race. But I believe he will get pressure to stop going negative. He's not going to win the nomination based on the mathematical realities and he has previously stated he would support Hillary if he didn't win. So he should stop giving the Republicans any ammunition that would weaken her chances in the general election. He risks marginalizing himself within the Democratic party if he doesn't - and regardless of whether he is a Democrat or an Independent, he is still a part of the Democratic party in terms of his role in the Senate.
I know your a Hillary supporter, but can even you admit he has run a pretty fair campaign? He could have brought up many things against her and didn't instead focusing on policy differences. Other than policies how has he been negative?

Old 03-17-2016, 12:27 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,391,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Not putting any money on it.

The donors MUST be asking Barack "Why should I give her money? Are you not going to indict?". Either he is lying to them, or he is pre-judging the FBI recommendations which he has not even seen yet.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:51 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,167,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
The donors MUST be asking Barack "Why should I give her money? Are you not going to indict?". Either he is lying to them, or he is pre-judging the FBI recommendations which he has not even seen yet.

Is it possible to pardon somebody before they are found guilty and sentenced? Perhaps that is just an unwritten part of being handed the key to the city (or in this case; the Country).

Old 03-17-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Is it possible to pardon somebody before they are found guilty and sentenced? Perhaps that is just an unwritten part of being handed the key to the city (or in this case; the Country).
Yes.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:10 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,235,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I know your a Hillary supporter, but can even you admit he has run a pretty fair campaign? He could have brought up many things against her and didn't instead focusing on policy differences. Other than policies how has he been negative?
Well, any campaign that includes stealing another campaign's data has crossed the line of running a fair campaign. So there's that. Plus the lies about his own endorsements and record (claiming he helped write the Affordable Care Act for instance).

And yes, I think there are other things that he has been negative about including making misleading if not outright false statements about Hillary's positions and record.

I will say that it is all tame in comparison with the freak show on the other side, but doesn't mean he's nearly as pure as he claims he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections