Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 03:29 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Possibly. Let's just hope if that's the case we don't get 4 more years of Hillary's a Beeatch, Hillary is in bed with Wall St., Billary, Hillary hates women, minorities, America, etc., etc.
That barely scratches the surface of all the whiny sore loser crap they'll spout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 03:30 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/18/us...imes&smtyp=cur

He didn't come right out and endorse her I think the pressure on Bernie will increase from here - not specifically to concede defeat and suspend his campaign, but to focus on his own message and stop going negative.

This will cause a nuclear explosion on reddit. (where bernie supporters hang out) LOL.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:52 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,708,545 times
Quote:
As I said, he is not being pressured to withdraw from the race. But I believe he will get pressure to stop going negative. He's not going to win the nomination based on the mathematical realities and he has previously stated he would support Hillary if he didn't win. So he should stop giving the Republicans any ammunition that would weaken her chances in the general election. He risks marginalizing himself within the Democratic party if he doesn't - and regardless of whether he is a Democrat or an Independent, he is still a part of the Democratic party in terms of his role in the Senate.
He is only speaking the truth. At this point I would just go all out no hold bars.

Old 03-17-2016, 04:03 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,125,155 times
The Left thought Hillary would have a cake-walk.
Now they know the Bernie-nuts will sit out the election if Hillary is the candidate.
What a mess!

Old 03-17-2016, 05:30 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,708,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
The Left thought Hillary would have a cake-walk.
Now they know the Bernie-nuts will sit out the election if Hillary is the candidate.
What a mess!
Yep yep not voting for Hillary or Trump I'll vote for anther cabdiate during the election.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:05 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I predict much weeping from the right come November. It'll be epic entertainment.
It sure was fun in 2012! I'm pretty sure I was typing on this keyboard AND watching fox when Megyn gave her famous 'republican math' question to Karl Rove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Possibly. Let's just hope if that's the case we don't get 4 more years of Hillary's a Beeatch, Hillary is in bed with Wall St., Billary, Hillary hates women, minorities, America, etc., etc.
We've had 8 years of it with Obama. I'm immune to Republican tears.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:08 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,332,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It would be bad form for him to endorse her before Bern bails.

Bern is done! Stick a pitchfork in him!

Old 03-17-2016, 07:28 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,125,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I can accept it. It will actually be good for Hillary, I think. While the Trumpster makes the news simply by taking a dump on the gold toilet, Hillary would not get that kind of attention. Continued focus on she and Bernie kind of 'triangulates' things for her. Trump can't simply focus on her yet; he still has Bernie to contend with too.

I would rather do that than have the orange twit as the head of my party. Count me in on the 'anyone but Trump' bandwagon.

Bernie is not pure and Hillary is not pure but at least they have maintained the façade of professionalism. I don't know how they really feel about each other but I imagine it's not stark hatred.

I never realized how stupid a lot of people were until a black man was elected to office and then the stupid people began to show their true colors so to speak.
It's not that he's black, and you know it. It's because he's a troublemaker, a punk.
Being black doesn't excuse his lack ability to lead America.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:37 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,969,746 times
Quote:
I agree, I think a sitting president should not endorse in a primary. But he's walked right up to the line more than once now and it's clear she has his support (not to mention some of his campaign staff, fund raisers, etc).

I don't think they are sweating the caucuses too much. There is a limited amount they can do anyway, because the nature of a caucus is so limited on who can attend. I live in a neighborhood with many, many families with young kids and only 2 of my neighbors were able to make it to our caucus. Doesn't mean people don't have an opinion but they just don't have the ability to devote 3 hours of time to caucusing, which is just about what it took once you factor in having to get there early and find parking, since attendance was high. The people who can attend a caucus tend to be a closer fit to Bernie's demographics. But there are no caucuses in November, so it's not a longer term concern.
Haha, give it a rest and stop whining. We all know the 65+ crowd overwhelmingly support Clinton. There were hundreds of articles before the Iowa caucuses on how important that was for Hillary as they are eager caucus goers.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/18/us...imes&smtyp=cur

He didn't come right out and endorse her

I think the pressure on Bernie will increase from here - not specifically to concede defeat and suspend his campaign, but to focus on his own message and stop going negative.
Obama and Hillary have had 3 secret meetings so far in the past 6 months.
Secret in that it was not on Obama's schedule and told to the press after they occurred.

IMHO I think Obama was told to publicly support Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections