Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 08:54 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,948,203 times

Advertisements

LOL- guess some aren't interested in reading the article-from yesterday.

Of course this will be talked about more as it becomes clearer that the nominees will be Trump and Clinton-sorry if that offends some of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 08:59 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,235,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
When was the last time you went to the wedding-not just the reception- of someone you supposedly hated, and sat in the front row? Was it also their third time getting married?

Bernie Sanders and Trump grew up in the same city-where was his invitation? LOL
Donald Trump of a dozen years ago isn't even remotely the same person as he is today.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Donald Trump of a dozen years ago isn't even remotely the same person as he is today.
Mmh, that's interesting. He seems EXACTLY the same to me as when he was on "The Apprentice" when it aired a dozen years ago-he is playing a part just as he was then.

"Yaa Firedd"

What makes you say he is so different today?

Old 03-18-2016, 09:05 AM

24,014 posts, read 15,110,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Like an old Baptist sewing circle, this little group here at C-D, sitting around clucking endlessly about everyone else. Over and over and over again.

Downright comical. It's purpose remains a mystery to me. Relieve stress? Convince others of their righteousness? Boredom?
Too close to home.
I'm gonna listen to Robert earl Keen's Happy Prisoner album. Then maybe Everything's Broken, Bob Dylan.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:05 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,721,231 times
Quote:
The Wedding That Explains the Election - The Daily Beast- This is the Source and Link Moderators

Hillary sat in the front pew at Donald Trump's third wedding in 2005. They each have different explanations for why she was there:

Hillary says, “I didn’t know him that well,-I mean, I knew him. I happened to be in Florida, and I thought it was going to be fun to go to this wedding, because it’s always entertaining.â€

Trump says, "Hillary Clinton, I said, ‘Be at my wedding,’ and she came to my wedding. She had no choice because I gave to [the Clinton] foundation. As a contributor, I demanded that they be there—they had no choice and that’s what’s wrong with our country. Our country is run by and for donors, special interests and lobbyists, and that is not a good formula for our country’s success. With me, there are no lobbyists and special interests. My only special interest is the United States of America."

Bill Clinton skipped the church service but attended the reception afterward. Very interesting event and article though, especially when you consider that Bill Clinton encouraged Trump to "play a larger role in GOP politics" weeks before Trump announced his Presidential bid. Report: Bill Clinton encouraged Trump to play bigger role in GOP | OnPolitics

The article summarizes that Hillary did not attend the wedding because Trump donated to the Clinton Foundation but because she is "mesmerized with wealth".

"A hunger for cash that seems to have made her blind to future political consequences compelled Hillary to take several six-figure speaking fees from Goldman Sachs. She pocketed $225,000 for what has been described as a “rah-rah†speech in 2013, even as the bank was seeking a multibillion-dollar settlement with the government for allegedly fraudulent practices that helped nearly wreck the global economy."
Both Trump and the Clintons seem to base their self-worth on who they socialize with.

For Trump, this was a "command performance" - he paid for the privilege of having the Clintons in attendance like he paid for his wives.
For the Clintons, they likely expected that this opened the door for more donations from Trump and other guests.

These people live for quid pro quo.

Anyone who thinks that Trump hasn't always been part of that establishment or that the Clintons are anything more than grifters is blind.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:06 AM

25,974 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Mmh, that's interesting. He seems EXACTLY the same to me as when he was on "The Apprentice" when it aired a dozen years ago-he is playing a part just as he was then.

"Yaa Firedd"

What makes you say he is so different today?
No one cares if Clinton went to his wedding. Most Trump supporters are no longer reading the articles linked in. Your time would be better spent supporting your losing candidate.

It is past time that people quit looking at this petty stuff and actually looked at the big picture. Hillary needs to be defeated and Trump, as the GOP nominee, can get that done. He pulls from ALL demographics. Oddy, his supporters see what is happening, while the ones that don't support him have their heads somewhere other than reality.

Find some positive posts to make about your candidate. Oh, sorry, if it Hillary as I have no suggestions where you could go with that.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:10 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,905,737 times
Quote:
When was the last time you went to the wedding-not just the reception- of someone you supposedly hated, and sat in the front row? Was it also their third time getting married?

Bernie Sanders and Trump grew up in the same city-where was his invitation? LOL
In 2005, Trump was a DEMOCRAT, donating money to DEMOCRATS. Why would Hillary Clinton have hated Trump in 2005?

Old 03-18-2016, 09:13 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,977,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
So no one else here has gone to a wedding of a co-worker or business associate just because it was going to be a good party and you knew people that knew both of you would have found it noteworthy that you weren't there?

That's the real world people, esp. the celebrity real world. But even as a non-celebrity, I've attended my share of weddings and other events just because it was a good business/career decision and not because I had any other real reason to go. I actually tried to set a line in the sand for myself saying that if I had never met the soon to be spouse of the person I knew, then I could bow out, but even that didn't work.
The OP's idol The Bern better NOT talk to any rich people from now on!

Old 03-18-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
In 2005, Trump was a DEMOCRAT, donating money to DEMOCRATS. Why would Hillary Clinton have hated Trump in 2005?
Thanks for showing that with Hillary, it's ALL about money.

Donald is the same person today he was then-he sure knows how to work the media though.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:25 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,721,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
No one cares if Clinton went to his wedding. Most Trump supporters are no longer reading the articles linked in. Your time would be better spent supporting your losing candidate.

It is past time that people quit looking at this petty stuff and actually looked at the big picture. Hillary needs to be defeated and Trump, as the GOP nominee, can get that done. He pulls from ALL demographics. Oddy, his supporters see what is happening, while the ones that don't support him have their heads somewhere other than reality.

Find some positive posts to make about your candidate. Oh, sorry, if it Hillary as I have no suggestions where you could go with that.
This IS the big picture.
Trump throws money around and expects people to do his bidding.
He believes that he is entitled to influence because he can pay for it.
Every dollar that he spends is spent solely for the benefit of, and to enrich, Trump.
This campaign is simply more of the same; just another means of stroking his ego and enriching his coffers.

How or why his supporters think that he is in any way a "common" man is totally baffling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections