Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 09:35 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,482,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Thanks for showing that with Hillary, it's ALL about money.

Donald is the same person today he was then-he sure knows how to work the media though.
They both have a lot of money, but people respect Trump more in regards to money because he has never pretended like he didn't love having money.

Trump has money and says "I worked my ass to become this rich and I enjoy it"

Hillary would say something like "I've been lucky..but money isn't everything" or has she even been asked about her personal wealth?

Trump is upfront about how he obtained his wealth "I'm a real estate guy and I own many businesses....by the way have you ever tried Trump steaks...or Trump wine?...it's the BEST"

Hillary wishes people weren't talking about her wealth/income sources...like making speeches to Wall Street ,etc.

Trump has written multiple books about how he became wealthy and even one encouraging others to become wealthy

Amazon.com: Trump: How to Get Rich eBook: Donald J. Trump, Meredith Mciver: Kindle Store
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 09:39 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,721,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
They both have a lot of money, but people respect Trump more in regards to money because he has never pretended like he didn't love having money.

Hillary would say something like "I've been lucky..but money isn't everything" or has she even been asked about her personal wealth?

Trump is upfront about how he obtained his wealth "I'm a real estate guy and I own many businesses....by the way have you ever tried Trump steaks...or Trump wine?...it's the BEST"

Hillary wishes people weren't talking about her wealth/income sources...like making speeches to Wall Street ,etc.

Trump has written multiple books about how he became wealthy and even one encouraging others to become wealthy

Amazon.com: Trump: How to Get Rich eBook: Donald J. Trump, Meredith Mciver: Kindle Store
Fun fact: Trump doesn't "own" that winery.

Trump doesn't own most of the 'Trump' products he bragged about this week

Old 03-18-2016, 10:25 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,905,737 times
Quote:
Thanks for showing that with Hillary, it's ALL about money.

Donald is the same person today he was then-he sure knows how to work the media though.
He's not spouting the same rhetoric today as he was then. That's for sure.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:54 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This IS the big picture.
Trump throws money around and expects people to do his bidding.
He believes that he is entitled to influence because he can pay for it.
Every dollar that he spends is spent solely for the benefit of, and to enrich, Trump.
This campaign is simply more of the same; just another means of stroking his ego and enriching his coffers.

How or why his supporters think that he is in any way a "common" man is totally baffling.
Maybe not enriching his coffers, but certainly not depleting them.
I read the other day that Trump has gotten about $2 billion dollars of free campaign coverage from all the media- TV, print, internet, and radio.

There is no disputing that The Donald is a media ace! But then, so was Mussolini, the international media star of his day.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:59 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Gee, I went to a wedding a few decades ago for a second cousin and there were tables of men there who sat together and had big fat envelopes for the bride and groom out of respect for the bride's grandfather. Of course, they were members of an organized crime family...you know, same as politics. That's what they do.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:49 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,948,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This IS the big picture.
Trump throws money around and expects people to do his bidding.
He believes that he is entitled to influence because he can pay for it.
Every dollar that he spends is spent solely for the benefit of, and to enrich, Trump.
This campaign is simply more of the same; just another means of stroking his ego and enriching his coffers.

How or why his supporters think that he is in any way a "common" man is totally baffling.
Exactly-if this isn't "big picture" what is?

Old 03-18-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
He's not spouting the same rhetoric today as he was then. That's for sure.
He didn't have the platform he has today, and the subject matter wasn't about his politics/Government.

I still would like a better explanation on how Trump is any different today-he still is an absurd blowhard.

People give too much credit to both Trump and Clinton-stop defending these empty suits.

Old 03-18-2016, 12:04 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,243,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

You mean to say, "My Dad, Fred Trump, worked his ass off so I can inherit this much money!"

Old 03-18-2016, 12:10 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,905,737 times
Quote:
He didn't have the platform he has today, and the subject matter wasn't about his politics/Government.

I still would like a better explanation on how Trump is any different today-he still is an absurd blowhard.

People give too much credit to both Trump and Clinton-stop defending these empty suits.
Trump hasn't just changed political parties, he's changed his position on a lot of issues.

While Secretary Clinton has shifted position on a few issues, she's been tremendously consistent on others, which I think speaks to her core convictions.

I appreciate that you are dissatisfied with the political candidates we have to choose from, I think most people are dissatisfied to a certain degree.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Trump hasn't just changed political parties, he's changed his position on a lot of issues.

While Secretary Clinton has shifted position on a few issues, she's been tremendously consistent on others, which I think speaks to her core convictions.

I appreciate that you are dissatisfied with the political candidates we have to choose from, I think most people are dissatisfied to a certain degree.
Yeah we definitely need more options/viewpoints on both sides. I really like a lot of Hillary's plans but I just doubt if she'll follow through with them in office-very similar to Obama in that regard. And, being an anti-war liberal I don't like how hawkish she is.

I'm tired of the political games-Obama til this day is still trying to appease Republicans...for what? They have made it clear they will obstruct any and everything-and will do the same with Hillary-it's all a show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections