Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:52 PM

140 posts, read 293,944 times

Advertisements

Why? Because Whites will be less than 50% of the population and American blacks will not grow enough to out-pace Hispanics and Asians (primarily from India and China).

Now that is a low-ball estimate. The numbers I have been reading estimate Hispanics will be 40% of the US population by 2040. That seems to coincide with most studies.

But here is the Pew Hispanic study:

"If current trends continue, the population of the United States will rise to 438 million in 2050, from 296 million in 2005," an increase of nearly 50 percent, the study by the Washington-based think-tank said.
More than 80 percent of the increase will be due to immigrants arriving in the country and their US-born children, who will make up nearly one in five Americans by 2050 compared with one in eight in 2005, it said.

Whites, who currently make up around two-thirds of the US population, will become a minority (47 percent) by 2050, the report said.

The Hispanic population, currently the largest minority group, will triple in size and double in percentage terms from 14 percent in 2005 to 29 percent in 2050, the report said.

The Asian population will roughly double in percentage terms, from five percent to nine percent, while the black population will remain static at around 13 percent.

The projections are based on trends over the past 50 years, during which legal and illegal immigration have played an increasing role in US population growth, the report said.

Whites to be minority in US by 2050: study - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Here are my notes/thoughts:

1. I find it FUNNY how blacks in the US keep pushing for Obama, a open borders, pro-illegal alien amnesty guy. This is the same guy who wants to enable immigrants to completely destroy any influence American blacks have in US politics!!

2. India and China are sapping US jobs and damaging the US economy and yet their citizens will contiune to flood the US and continue to influence its political process with money they make selling products to Americans.

3. Whites which are divided between the GOP and the DEms will be completely powerless politically to compete with immigrants and their children.

4. By year 2100, the US will be predominantly Hispanic and Spanish will most likely be the US's national language!

This is all too funny to me, because I watch dumb Republicans supporting McCain, a open borders guy and someone who wnats the North American Union. I see dumb Democrats voting for Hillary and Obama, both who want open borders and instan citizenship and immediate chain-migration of 180 million new immigrants to join the 20 million immighrants already in the US today (illegally).

It is funny how the 3 presidential front-runners think whites and blacks (Americans) will be able to compete for jobs, housing, healthcare, Social Security, etc with the soon-to-be majority (Hispanics).

They are all selling out to special interets that in a few years will sell them out to foreign country's special interests.

One thing I can say for the ONLY candidate remaining viable that will actually seal the border and will deny illegal amnesty and the ability to continue the massive immigration - Mike Huckabee..... GO HUCKABEE!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 02:01 PM
LM1

833 posts, read 997,953 times
A lot of Hispanics are white (like, actually white. Some Mexicans are 'whiter' than a lot of Italians, Greeks, Romanians, Spaniards, Portuguese, etc)

This doesn't even get into other Hispanic groups like Cubans who have extremely large white representation.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
A lot of Hispanics are white.
This is NOT a racial issue. It is about culture and political power.

By 2050, the Spanish-speakers will outshine and diminish the value of the black vote. The same group that wants the open border Democrats in power also will lose all its political power in 43 years! THis is too funny. I hear "Go Obama", but in a few years, black candidates will have no chance against Spanish-speakign candidates! LOL

By 2100 the USA will be overwhlemingly Hispanic/Spanish-speaking and blacks and whites will have no say in politics. They will dominate the country and most likely will implement the North American Union unlike the dumb Americans that now allow Spanish to become the US's "un-official second language", these guys will make Spanish the office language in the US.

But most importantly, Hispanics will dominate the politcal arena while blacks will have almost no influence. Whites will almost lose all their influence too.

You guys better think about it when voting for Obama or Hillary. They are 100x worse than McCain in this aspect.

Huckabee is THE man on this issue. Maybe you should consider him now.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:10 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,138,238 times
Quote:
Huckabee is THE man on this issue. Maybe you should consider him now.
No thanks, but if I were immature as the immigration forum here, I would probably go for the fast food non-thinking politics of the right too.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:13 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,181,392 times
I think there are better things to be worried about. If the population changes, it changes. What's the difference? White folks are not in the majority in Hawaii and it manages to toddle along.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:15 PM
LM1

833 posts, read 997,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets View Post
This is NOT a racial issue.
One Eighty.

Quote:
Whites, blacks to lose political power in US by 2050.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
I think there are better things to be worried about. If the population changes, it changes. What's the difference? White folks are not in the majority in Hawaii and it manages to toddle along.
If it was a change in the sense that the # of people stayed the same, I would be OK with it. If the US population became mostly Hispanic in 42 years, but remained in the 300 millions, it would work, it works now. But we are talking about a growth of almost 200 million MORE people in 42 years based on IMMIGRATION ALONE.

Where will these people go to school? Where will they live? Where is the money for welfare/Social Security for all these people? Where are the doctors to care for these people? Where are the roads for they all to drive? How will the environment be affected by this (destruction of open spaces to building housing for these people, use of natural resources, water, etc)?

But most importantly, where are the JOBS for all these people who would enter the US immediately following an amnesty and the chain migration that soon would ensue?

You are not thinking long term. You are thinking the same amount of people becoming Hispanic and speaking Spanish. You need to think of political and civil consequences to the US to add 200 million people in such a short amount of time, in regards to jobs, healthcare, the environment, eocnomy, etc. Look outside the box.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:21 PM

746 posts, read 845,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets View Post
Why? Because Whites will be less than 50% of the population and American blacks will not grow enough to out-pace Hispanics and Asians (primarily from India and China).

Now that is a low-ball estimate. The numbers I have been reading estimate Hispanics will be 40% of the US population by 2040. That seems to coincide with most studies.

But here is the Pew Hispanic study:

"If current trends continue, the population of the United States will rise to 438 million in 2050, from 296 million in 2005," an increase of nearly 50 percent, the study by the Washington-based think-tank said.
More than 80 percent of the increase will be due to immigrants arriving in the country and their US-born children, who will make up nearly one in five Americans by 2050 compared with one in eight in 2005, it said.

Whites, who currently make up around two-thirds of the US population, will become a minority (47 percent) by 2050, the report said.

The Hispanic population, currently the largest minority group, will triple in size and double in percentage terms from 14 percent in 2005 to 29 percent in 2050, the report said.

The Asian population will roughly double in percentage terms, from five percent to nine percent, while the black population will remain static at around 13 percent.

The projections are based on trends over the past 50 years, during which legal and illegal immigration have played an increasing role in US population growth, the report said.

Whites to be minority in US by 2050: study - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Here are my notes/thoughts:

1. I find it FUNNY how blacks in the US keep pushing for Obama, a open borders, pro-illegal alien amnesty guy. This is the same guy who wants to enable immigrants to completely destroy any influence American blacks have in US politics!!

2. India and China are sapping US jobs and damaging the US economy and yet their citizens will contiune to flood the US and continue to influence its political process with money they make selling products to Americans.

3. Whites which are divided between the GOP and the DEms will be completely powerless politically to compete with immigrants and their children.

4. By year 2100, the US will be predominantly Hispanic and Spanish will most likely be the US's national language!

This is all too funny to me, because I watch dumb Republicans supporting McCain, a open borders guy and someone who wnats the North American Union. I see dumb Democrats voting for Hillary and Obama, both who want open borders and instan citizenship and immediate chain-migration of 180 million new immigrants to join the 20 million immighrants already in the US today (illegally).

It is funny how the 3 presidential front-runners think whites and blacks (Americans) will be able to compete for jobs, housing, healthcare, Social Security, etc with the soon-to-be majority (Hispanics).

They are all selling out to special interets that in a few years will sell them out to foreign country's special interests.

One thing I can say for the ONLY candidate remaining viable that will actually seal the border and will deny illegal amnesty and the ability to continue the massive immigration - Mike Huckabee..... GO HUCKABEE!!
Okay, your first point is extremely short sighted and utterly indefensible, because EL Presidente Jorge W. Bush Jr, is already pushing for amnesty. How is it funny that blacks are voting for Obama in terms of illegal aliens? This is a very weak argument at best.

You second point, is almost as comical as your first point, and relies on little to know factual data on actual events. The basics of economics state, if a country can produce a good at a lower cost than another country, it is in the other countries best interest to buy that good from the lower producing country. This is referred to in economics as “comparative advantage.” Americans have no business subsidizing and rising tariffs, to protect industries in our country that cannot compete and produce efficiently, at a lower cost than foreign producers. If they are not able to compete, they will move on to areas where they are better suited to operate more efficently.

The economic fundamentals of our country are built upon the principles exposed in Adam Smith’s, “Wealth of Nations” perhaps you should read it sometime. It might help you understand why your second point makes zero sense. The only thing that would make your second point valid would be an argument against Government intiated free trade deals, like NAFTA or CAFTA, which are not needed, because citizens will induce free trading on their own without the help of governments. The only thing governments need to do is to help facilitate trade not control it.

Whites, and law makers will not loose their power as LM1 pointed out earlier, the whites that are of a Hispanic origin will eventually become natural white citizens to balance this outcome. It has happened before and will happen again. Think about the Irish, Italians, and Portuguese to name a few non-white groups, which eventually melted into the white mainstream.

I highly doubt under any scenario the US congress would vote a constitutional amendment making Spanish the official language of the US. However, I agree with your concern, but I do not feel your “sky is falling” scenario represents this concern with a legitimate degree of sanity.

In closing, the only thing that I do agree with is removing amnesty for illegal aliens. We should not encourage illegal immigration and perhaps we should decide to place more restrictions on who comes in. I’m not totally for that, but in the interest of sovereignty it may be a needed approach. I also think you fail to blame the real problem in all of this, which is big government.

Both parties are playing this game and expanding the powers of government, while over running the tenants of the constitution. If this continues it does not matter if “Hispanics” are the majority in this country, because they’ll have few freedoms like the rest of us, while the authoritarian North American Union government dictates how we should live our lives and conduct business. That is the real problem! Attempting to make a who you vote for issue is beyond shortsighted and an exercise in political futility.

Last edited by truthhurts; 02-11-2008 at 03:32 PM..

Old 02-11-2008, 03:29 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,897,381 times
This issue is not troubling to me. We are moving ever faster towards globalization and the dilution of races. Eventually, the world will be mostly mixed race. As long as we as human beings can manage to coexist I believe we can be behind any race that becomes our President.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:38 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,897,381 times
One thing I feel sure of is that this Country will remain Engish speaking in Office. It would be foolhardy to believe that the Government would allow our President to not speak English. It has fast become the world's official international language.

In a global economy it makes too much sense to keep speaking what has become a universal language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections