Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 12:37 AM

403 posts, read 749,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Magnulus

I don't see whites being a minority as such a big deal. The real concern is how are you going to feed 450 million people? Traditionally the US is a food exporter but with rising population I don't see how that can last forever.

Quote:
JohnnyRockets
"If current trends continue, the population of the United States will rise to 438 million in 2050, from 296 million in 2005," an increase of nearly 50 percent, the study by the Washington-based think-tank said.
We will be fine.

Population increase of almost 50% 2010 - 2050

Populatin increase of almost 73% 1900 - 1950

Resident Population of States in the United States, 1900-2000 (http://txsdc.utsa.edu/txdata/apport/hist_a.php - broken link)

Population increase of almost 140% 1860 - 1900

Summary of Population of United States During 1800's
Historical Census Statistics on Population Totals By Race, 1790 to 1990, and By Hispanic Origin, 1970 to 1990, For The United States, Regions, Divisions, and States (http://www.census.gov/population/www/documentation/twps0056.html - broken link)

Quote:
Jarndyce

Of course, it is the white, protestant businessman who is ruining this country..his weapon of choice---Free Market Capitalism...

Yes. U.S and free markets were destroyed because of our economic system and U.S.S.R and communism won in the 1990.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 02:37 AM

1,058 posts, read 3,489,403 times
Default US future will be like South Africa's present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
What exactly does this "browning of America" thread have to do with the 2008 presidential election?
It will lead to an Obama presidency and many more in the future. The United States is changing in such fundamental ways that the country will be a very different country in about only 30 years. We will be an overcrowded multi-racial polygot empire. I bet the Chinese can't wait to take advantage of our stupidity.

Look at the Asian countries: Japan, China, South Korea. They are all doing well, stable with very low crime rates and guess what, they are all homogeneous. We on the other hand are losing economic ground in every sphere.

Multiracial nations don't work. If you want to see the future of the United States read the news from South Africa.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:42 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,547,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
It will lead to an Obama presidency and many more in the future. The United States is changing in such fundamental ways that the country will be a very different country in about only 30 years. We will be an overcrowded multi-racial polygot empire. I bet the Chinese can't wait to take advantage of our stupidity.

Look at the Asian countries: Japan, China, South Korea. They are all doing well, stable with very low crime rates and guess what, they are all homogeneous. We on the other hand are losing economic ground in every sphere.

Multiracial nations don't work. If you want to see the future of the United States read the news from South Africa.
The United States is changing in ways that relate directly to its original premise and promise. That's never a bad thing.

On the other hand, there are some in the current majority who fear that the current minority will have a long memory. But that kind of fear is a waste of time and energy. In 40 years, our children will have no use for past animosities and hatred. They will be too busy cleaning up the mess made by the previous majority.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:06 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,584,101 times
Quote:
The United States is changing in ways that relate directly to its original premise and promise. That's never a bad thing.

On the other hand, there are some in the current majority who fear that the current minority will have a long memory. But that kind of fear is a waste of time and energy. In 40 years, our children will have no use for past animosities and hatred. They will be too busy cleaning up the mess made by the previous majority.
In 40 years, Christians could be persecuted for their faith, Sharia Law will try to weave it's ugly face in our constitution, and the US could be on the brink of some serious problems.
Multiculturalism is okay in one sense, but there are too many compromises involved to try and please everybody.
Look at Great Britain and all the mess that they're in now.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
In 40 years, Christians could be persecuted for their faith, Sharia Law will try to weave it's ugly face in our constitution, and the US could be on the brink of some serious problems.
Multiculturalism is okay in one sense, but there are too many compromises involved to try and please everybody.
Look at Great Britain and all the mess that they're in now.
In 40 years, Christians will have the opportunity to obey the directives and teachings of our faith, such that we are not a threat to or threatened by anyone. These last few centuries, we've gotten away with conveniently abandoning many of our rather inconvenient faith principles, while conveniently covering those failures with our politics.

We fear a threat only because we have not been obedient to our faith.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:17 AM

315 posts, read 761,400 times
My fear of a hispanic majority is only that they will make it that no true americans (those of us whose families been here since 1500s) will be able to get good middle class jobs. If we want good lives we are all gonna hath to go to college to compete for the corporate/ white collar jobs because those will be the only ones with decent pay.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:19 AM

Quote:
In 40 years, Christians will have the opportunity to obey the directives and teachings of our faith, such that we are not a threat to or threatened by anyone. These last few centuries, we've gotten away with conveniently abandoning many of our rather inconvenient faith principles, while conveniently covering those failures with our politics.

We fear a threat only because we have not been obedient to our faith.
What do you mean the opportunity? I'm sorry but I'd rather die serving Jesus Christ than submit to any type of Islamic law.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:23 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,376,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1980 View Post
My fear of a hispanic majority is only that they will make it that no true americans (those of us whose families been here since 1500s) will be able to get good middle class jobs. If we want good lives we are all gonna hath to go to college to compete for the corporate/ white collar jobs because those will be the only ones with decent pay.
Um, I hate to tell you this but the only successful colonial settlements before 1600 were Spanish - you know, Hispanic.

And, yes, if you want a good life your gonna hath to go to college.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
What do you mean the opportunity? I'm sorry but I'd rather die serving Jesus Christ than submit to any type of Islamic law.
I mean just that. We have the opportunity to be complete Christians. And if you profess to serve Christ, then you already know that we as human beings will pick and choose which tenents of our faith to obey.

Our country was founded on selective adherence to Christian principles. Otherwise, we wouldn't be concerned about a higher number of Latino or Black Christians than White Christians. We wouldn't be worried about a new majority visiting revenge on the old majority.

We have an opportunity to change the way we've thought and behaved as Christians. Or we can continue to allow our politics to dictate who is and who isn't our enemy.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:
I mean just that. We have the opportunity to be complete Christians. And if you profess to serve Christ, then you already know that we as human beings will pick and choose which tenents of our faith to obey.

Our country was founded on selective adherence to Christian principles. Otherwise, we wouldn't be concerned about a higher number of Latino or Black Christians than White Christians. We wouldn't be worried about a new majority visiting revenge on the old majority.

We have an opportunity to change the way we've thought and behaved as Christians. Or we can continue to allow our politics to dictate who is and who isn't our enemy.
Okay, I get what you're saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections