Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 01:38 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
180,000 new GOP party members in Pennsylvania
have affiliated to participate.

I wonder how many of them understand that their votes
do not matter nearly as much as the ruling class's choice.

Only 17 delegates in Pennsylvania are "pledged" to vote with
the will of the people. That's 24%.

54 delegates can go against the voters. That's 76%.
The powers that be recognized long ago that elections are too important to leave them to the people. It is coming to the surface just now. Thank you again Trump for shedding light on one more corruption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 01:42 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,471,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
You don't need a bunch of money to get involved in your political party. If you think the political parties are equivalent to the devil, you really might be better off not voting - that is certainly a lot more naive and fantasy thinking than doing the hard work of effecting change in your world. Of course, if people don't vote or get out and work to change things, they really have no basis for complaining about how things are going.
No, I'm just realistic that the way our system works, getting "involved" means nothing in my view other than to help/enable people that in my view have done little in helping the people/make this country a better place and largely exists to serve itself. Why would a rational person want to support this given the results, lack thereof? The only thing that means anything is one's vote in the end. Given how I feel both team R and D have been running our country at all levels into the ground, voting for "other" I think is a valid way to express one's displeasure. That's the ultimate "complaint" in the end. And the only one that counts in the end. The rest is the window dressing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections