Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 12:24 AM

952 posts, read 518,704 times

Advertisements

Trump: Tweeting picture of Heidi Cruz was a 'mistake' - POLITICO

Donald Trump is calling his decision to tweet that photo of Heidi Cruz a "mistake," an admission that follows several high-profile “misspeak” statements this week on women and abortion.
“Yeah, it was a mistake. If I had to do it again, I wouldn’t have sent it,” Trump said on the picture that showed Republican opponent Ted Cruz's wife in an unflattering light next to his own wife, Melania Trump, in an interview with New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd published online Saturday.

Trump appears to acknowledge in the interview that his support among women — Republican women in particular — has taken a nosedive in recent months.

WTF? How many times is he going to get away with having an obviously stupid, adolescent kneejerk reaction, tweet or say something completely ASSinine, only to walk it back an hour, a day, two days later?

Yep, this is who I want leading our country. Uh huh, uh huh!!!

Don't know how many mulligans world leaders will allow...

Old 04-03-2016, 04:41 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
If he were 12 it would be a mistake, as an adult it is a reflection of an arrested development. If this kind of inappropriate tweeting happened once, twice, even three times, it might be a mistake, but this has happened enough that it is a pattern and there is zero reason to believe it will end if he gets the presidency. In several of his books he proudly proclaims that while he might hire "good people, the best people" he ignores what they say because he knows best and that he always gets revenge. He reminds me of that idiot in North Korea, right down to the bad hairdo and stubby fingers. It's amusing to make fun of the hair and hands but the megalomania, demagoguery, and the knee-jerk retaliation isn't funny in the least. Fortunately, he won't be able to execute people willly-nilly but he will have the world's greatest nuclear arsenal at his fingertips.

I honestly don't get how his supporters can continue to dismiss his concerning behavior. He crossed over from non-PC to inappropriate long ago.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:52 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
If he were 12 it would be a mistake, as an adult it is a reflection of an arrested development. If this kind of inappropriate tweeting happened once, twice, even three times, it might be a mistake, but this has happened enough that it is a pattern and there is zero reason to believe it will end if he gets the presidency. In several of his books he proudly proclaims that while he might hire "good people, the best people" he ignores what they say because he knows best and that he always gets revenge. He reminds me of that idiot in North Korea, right down to the bad hairdo and stubby fingers. It's amusing to make fun of the hair and hands but the megalomania, demagoguery, and the knee-jerk retaliation isn't funny in the least. Fortunately, he won't be able to execute people willly-nilly but he will have the world's greatest nuclear arsenal at his fingertips.

I honestly don't get how his supporters can continue to dismiss his concerning behavior. He crossed over from non-PC to inappropriate long ago.

Kind of the same way 10-year-old Ted Cruz orchestrated the GQ pic of Melania hitting social media. Lie all you want, but we all know Cruz was behind it. Cruz reminds me of a sleazy carnie at a traveling mini-circus. No wonder folks equate him to Mr. Haney on Green Acres.

Last edited by Soup Not See; 04-03-2016 at 06:16 AM..

Old 04-03-2016, 05:54 AM

11,800 posts, read 5,801,446 times
The guy admitted that it was uncalled for - has Hillary, Obama or Cruz - nope - they're still blaming the other guy!

Old 04-03-2016, 06:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
The guy admitted that it was uncalled for - has Hillary, Obama or Cruz - nope - they're still blaming the other guy!
typical: Trump supporters are taking lessons from him. He is always right. I too, have to wonder how so many can continue to excuse him? We are dealing with someone who can't keep his mouth shut and many of you think he can run our country?

Old 04-03-2016, 06:06 AM

11,800 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
typical: Trump supporters are taking lessons from him. He is always right. I too, have to wonder how so many can continue to excuse him? We are dealing with someone who can't keep his mouth shut and many of you think he can run our country?

Never said he was right - but again - you do not know how to actually read what is written but read what you want it to say. Please use your brain. I know you are actually smarter than you appear.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Most anti-Trump people don't realize that the POTUS does not run the country by himself.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:23 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Kind of the same way 10-year-old Ted Cruz orchestrated the GQ pic of Melania hitting social media. Lie all you want, but we all know Cruz was behind it. Cruz reminds me of a sleazy carnie at a traveling mini-circus.
No wonder folks equate him to Mr. Haney on Green Acres.
^^^^^ I notice your reply is a criticism of Cruz, and doesn't offer any argument against what she is saying (BTW, let me know when "we all know" suffices for proof in a court of law). Your reply to OldHag1 has nothing to with her post. I have no idea who OldHag1 supports for POTUS, or if she supports anyone.....it doesn't matter. Her criticism of Trump stands on its own merit. Your answering criticism of Trump with criticism of Cruz sounds like Obama supports answering criticism of Obama with criticism of Bush.

Notice Trump says the tweet was 'a mistake', but he still didn't apologize.

Anderson Cooper recently asked Trump when was the last time he apologized. The first answer he came up with was apologizing to his mother for using a bad word (Trump's mother died in the year 2000). The only other example he could come up with was apologizing to Melania for not acting more presidential.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^ I notice your reply is a criticism of Cruz, and doesn't offer any argument against what she is saying (BTW, let me know when "we all know" suffices for proof in a court of law). Your reply to OldHag1 has nothing to with her post. I have no idea who OldHag1 supports for POTUS, or if she supports anyone.....it doesn't matter. Her criticism of Trump stands on its own merit. Your answering criticism of Trump with criticism of Cruz sounds like Obama supports answering criticism of Obama with criticism of Bush.

Notice Trump says the tweet was 'a mistake', but he still didn't apologize.

Anderson Cooper recently asked Trump when was the last time he apologized. The first answer he came up with was apologizing to his mother for using a bad word (Trump's mother died in the year 2000). The only other example he could come up with was apologizing to Melania for not acting more presidential.
If Trump had said "I'm sorry" for the tweet, you and all of the other anti-Trumpers would have been all over him saying "His apology was not genuine" or "He'll do it again".

Did Obama apologize when he went golfing after James Foley was beheaded ? Did HRC apologize to the Benghazi families for her errors causing the deaths of 4 Americans, including an Ambassador ?

Politics is a dirty game and the anti-Trumpers have the dirtiest hands by far.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:40 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,901,614 times
It's nice to see him show some humility and admit he did something stupid, but I still hate the guy and unrelated to his awful personality, I still think he would make a terrible president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections