Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 12:03 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It seems that once Trump crosses a person's line of acceptable it's like they suddenly open their eyes and marvel at his antics they somehow couldn't see before.
Agreed, it's like a bad boyfriend, everyone sees it except the girl getting screwed and you hope she opens her eyes before the wedding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 12:06 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Then you have the other side that realize Trump's talking points and proposed changes are the right thing for the country and they jump off the Cruz Titanic and onto the Trump yacht.
Could be. None of this will matter if one of them doesn't get 1,237 delegates first round of voting.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Agreed, it's like a bad boyfriend, everyone sees it except the girl getting screwed and you hope she opens her eyes before the wedding.
Lol - yes, it is remarkably like that. Good analogy.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:10 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Could be. None of this will matter if one of them doesn't get 1,237 delegates first round of voting.
Exactly, no one can stop the will of the people. If the people decide that Trump is the one, the GOP had better embrace him or face a collapse of their party.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:12 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,908,758 times
The more that the Trump haters say and do crazy, unhinged things the more it makes me lean towards Trump.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:17 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Joe has been back and forth on Trump. He's friends with Trump, but knows Trump is bad for the GOP and disapproves of many of his political views. We've heard what his brother who lives in the panhandle thinks about Trump way too many times (really Joe--nobody cares), and he has worked for the same network as Trump.

But Scarborough is well aware that Trump's been crossing the line too much and stated on Friday morning that he does not think Trump can turn this horrible week around or win a general election, so Joe is also realistic.

Scarborough Has a Choice to Make: Donald Trump, or Respectability | Mediaite

Joe Scarborough-Donald Trump friendship increasing source of discomfort at NBC - Feb. 12, 2016

Joe Scarborough: Trump's KKK ignorance 'disqualifying' - POLITICO

Scarborough to Trump: Stop insulting Muslims | MSNBC

Old 04-03-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Exactly, no one can stop the will of the people. If the people decide that Trump is the one, the GOP had better embrace him or face a collapse of their party.
Only if he gets that 1,237 delegates and even then I, who is part of the GOP, will never embrace him or vote for him, he'll just be the party's nominee. Right now Trump has about 12-20% of the registered voters casting their ballots for him (Except the 343 voters of the Northern Mariana Islands). That is the will of a minority. What you and his other followers don't get is that there are very few people who are neutral about Trump and those that don't like him are just about as ardent in their dislike of him as you are in your support of him.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:18 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Are you kidding me? He's a Trump fan, or at least he was. For a while his show was getting a lot of heat for fanboying.
I agree. I watch that show every morning and he did NOTHING but prop Trump up; fed him softball questions, helped him prepare for the debates - to the point that there was total public outcry. Then Trump said some completely stupid things and Joe went off him.

That said, I also agree with much of the article.

Do I think that most Trump supporters are haters and stupid? No. I think they are a wide swath of the disenfranchised; manufacturing workers, out-of-work coal minors,
and many many more who feel the system has failed them.

I can't despise them for that.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:22 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Only if he gets that 1,237 delegates and even then I, who is part of the GOP, will never embrace him or vote for him, he'll just be the party's nominee. Right now Trump has about 12-20% of the registered voters casting their ballots for him (Except the 343 voters of the Northern Mariana Islands). That is the will of a minority. What you and his other followers don't get is that there are very few people who are neutral about Trump and those that don't like him are just about as ardent in their dislike of him as you are in your support of him.
12-20% of all the registered voters when there are/have been multiple candidates in both the GOP/Dem races. Let's see what happens when it's a two person race.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:34 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Trump brings in all people from all walks of life.. , it is the high class low life that attacks Trump. They can't fathom someone who actually tells the truth in politics. It goes against the grain because the sleazy liars have been there for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections