Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 03:20 PM

21,148 posts, read 19,729,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
It's kind of hard to follow him because he rambles.
Maybe you have just become too accustomed to TelePrompTer readers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 04:29 PM

11,800 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The only article I could find in a search of the IBT is below and does not concur with the one you read. Skeptical regarding recession and no mention of Trump fixing anything. Can you post the link?

"...Donald Trump’s prediction the U.S. economy was on the verge of a “very massive recession” hit a wall of skepticism Sunday from economists who questioned the Republican presidential front-runner’s calculations...

...But a cataclysmic economic downturn originating in the United States appears to be a remote possibility.

“There is a very low probability of a massive recession, less than 10 percent,” said Sung Won Sohn, an economics professor at California State University, Channel Islands in Camarillo. “If it happens, it would be because of what is happening overseas, especially in China and Europe...”

Trump

Sorry but I can't find the article myself - I was sure it was the IBT. I'll check some of sites I usually read and see if I can provide a link - knew I should have bookmarked it!

Old 04-04-2016, 04:38 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,922 times
Yes it seems Trump may have twittered away his presidency.

That is agreed.

Further Trump is starting to learn how special interest groups painted him into a corner regarding

Guns at the convention

Abortion and what to do about it

Gay marriage and how to stop it

Old 04-04-2016, 04:50 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,374,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
It's been a tough couple of weeks for Trump between the "hot wife" incidents, the abortion comments, etc. It seems he's straying into a lot of the social issues debates where he was not knowledgeable on, and frankly, why a lot of Republicans liked him because he wasn't previously getting into those topics.

The message on trade, jobs, and his foreign policy views seem to have gotten lost in the mix with the social issues and sleaze. Do you think Trump is getting off message?
I've been listening to Trmp seems like forever and after his usual poll rhetoric..Tread Agreement hatred..Immigrant (illegals) out of control due to NOT sending them back or whatever rationale he loves to blame Government ..then after that??? Policy..here's what I have learned after 10 months..Trump will "Make it all better" which comes across as less than informative..but pats his followers on their heads and say..There There now.."Trust me? Just like he loves women..SURE he does ..but they have to be beautiful..decades younger than him and fulfill his fantasies?? Sure his girlfriends then wives have all signed "Confidentiality Agreements" so can never EVER say anything negative about him LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
......what core message?
His core message since 10 months ago has been unchanged..It's Trust me..I will make things all better folks"

In the meantime he has offended women, Mexico/Mexicans/Black folks who don't bow down to his Hate filled rhetoric/Foreign Counties who don't pay their fair share etc...I say, "What about the top 1% who doesn't pay their fair share" Mr. Trump???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I think the media is trying to get him off message and present him as getting off message. I've watched several of his rally speeches and his message is the same as it has always been.
BS..Off message?? really? They ask him about what HE RAMBLES about? by asking for clarification/rationale for that? whatever convoluted message he repeats???

Sure Media is attempting to get him to expand on his simplistic, no details on his "Simpleton" repetitions of blathering day in and day out..rally by rally and Interview by Interview..SO IF Media didn't ask?? No body would have bothered to listen to this "Empty Suit Messenger's Rambling" for the past 10 months IF they didn't

Old 04-04-2016, 05:08 PM

953 posts, read 843,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
... Do you think Trump is getting off message?
Never mind being off his message. The far greater issue is that he is clearly off his rocker.

In addition to journalists asking questions at the previous debates, there should have been two other seats reserved for a psychiatrist and neurologist.

Last edited by Aura 524; 04-04-2016 at 05:39 PM..

Old 04-04-2016, 05:44 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,336,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
......what core message?
I think he does have a core message but would answer yes to the question 'Is Trump way off his core message?'

When listening to his speeches, I found his core message to be 'We, as a country, are committing national suicide. I will stop the bleeding and then work towards reversing course.'

What I mean by national suicide are many of the self-inflected policies we have brought upon ourselves: open borders; debt; uncompetitive tax and regulatory burden; Iran deal; not using enhanced interrogation techniques; being soft on terror/ISIS; pitting people against each other by race/gender; releasing Gitmo detainees, etc.

I found a lot of truth in what I found to be his core message but he has definitely gotten distracted from it. At this stage, returning to message would be difficult as would undoing the damage caused by previous missteps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections