Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 11:07 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

First-quarter economy looks bleaker by the day

First-quarter economy looks bleaker by the day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 04:43 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,357,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Seriously, the same systemic risks are still there. The same moral hazards ... Too big to fail is STILL too big, not only even bigger than ever, but too big to care. Holy indifference. & they still have their 'get out of jail free' cards (no expiration date in sight) & their self-proclaimed omnipotence.

Done. (glad I got some of this off my chest)
EVERYBODY should watch The Big Short movie. After the movie ended, I could see people were in complete shock, especially in regards to how so few of the crooks who caused the mess in the first place are still in charge

Old 04-08-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
Record Auto sales is a huge fallacy. Wall Street has securitized auto lending and vastly reduced the lending standards much in the same way pre 2008 mortgage industry.

Many folks are paying 30 percent, with notes that are 8 to 10 years long. It's just a short matter of time before the automotive sales industry experiences a huge crash...

It Starts: Subprime Auto Loans Implode (in Your Bond Fund) | Wolf Street
You also have to wonder what percentage of those auto sales are simply "channel stuffing."

The inventories-to-sales ratio (in a lot industries) is also starting to spike sharply.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:52 PM

Interesting speech by Janet Yellen today, particularly as it seemed aimed at Donald's previous commentary:

Yellen: US is 'not a bubble economy,' labor market healing

Quote:
Yellen's comments come soon after Republican presidential contender Donald Trump's contention that an economic bubble could burst. Yellen noted that she did not see "imbalances" like "clearly overvalued" asset prices.
Like I mentioned in another thread, this sounds eerily similar to how Bernanke didn't perceive a housing bubble in 2006 and assuring everyone not to worry...

Old 04-08-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Interesting speech by Janet Yellen today, particularly as it seemed aimed at Donald's previous commentary:

Yellen: US is 'not a bubble economy,' labor market healing

Like I mentioned in another thread, this sounds eerily similar to how Bernanke didn't perceive a housing bubble in 2006 and assuring everyone not to worry...
Bernanke was saying that the banks and housing markets were solid right up until they collapsed.

Yellen said she was going to raise rates.....there was one very small bump and she said that there would be more this year....the markets threw a hissy fit and took a big dive.....she backed off.

She is going to say or do nothing that isn't in the best interest of Wall Street.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:07 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,648 times
Quote:
EVERYBODY should watch The Big Short movie. After the movie ended, I could see people were in complete shock, especially in regards to how so few of the crooks who caused the mess in the first place are still in charge
We walked out of the theater in dead silence. It really is something people need to see.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:37 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
We walked out of the theater in dead silence. It really is something people need to see.
Agreed. My ex wife was one of the 'dudes' in south Florida. We are still friends and talked about it tonight.

Sad but it's still occurring. Car sales are in the same boat.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:51 PM

1,229 posts, read 858,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
It's pervasive throughout the whole subconscious.....

Most know something is terribly wrong - they just can't fully articulate it yet.

Some are afraid to confront it....

It's clearly why there's such a big push for an outsider...

Old 04-08-2016, 11:43 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,491,591 times
Quote:
Surprised that nobody has posted about this yet...

Trump predicts "very massive recession" in U.S.

Any thoughts?

Mind you, he definitely isn't the only wealthy person out there who feels that US economic system is in grave danger (Overstock CEO comes to mind)...
Several forecasters have been predicting it, though Forbes is backing off a bit. He doesn't appear to be as concerned as he was a month ago. I don't really know, I wouldn't say it looks rosy though. Retail and wholesale off, oil down, Europe, China, student loans - not good. This time, the central banks are not going to be able to lower interest rates. That alone freaks me out, I don't even want to think about it.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:43 AM

Team Obama is setting us up for another housing-market collapse

The Obama administration is doing its best to give the nation another mortgage meltdown.

As Paul Sperry recently noted in The Post, Team Obama has pushed mortgage lenders to offer home loans to folks with shaky credit, setting up conditions for another housing-market collapse.
Wasn’t the last one bad enough?

Credit scores of approved borrowers, for example, have been trending down, even as their debt levels have grown.

Team Obama is setting us up for another housing-market collapse | New York Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections