Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 01:26 PM

25,554 posts, read 17,256,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
My wife and I had dinner last night with a very intelligent woman in her 40's and after talking about everything else the subject turned to politics.

We all agreed that the clowns that are running for President are a bunch of bozos but it was this womans logic that I questioned which leads her to who she thinks she will ultimately vote for that I find extremely odd but probably not that far off from how many others think.

She likes Trump because he is different, tells it like it is and is not a politician but that also scares her.
She thinks Cruz is creepy and would never vote for him and that goes for Ryan too.
Kasich is OK and would probably make a good President but she is not sure.

Bernie would give away the country.

That leaves Hillary that she agreed is beyond a typical politician that uses lies and deceit to get what she wants at everyone's expense BUT Hillary is married to Bill who was actually a pretty good President who did wonders for the economy so she sees that a vote for Hillary is really a vote for Bill who would at least be an advisor to his wife.

I told you that she had a twisted logic but I wonder how many voters are out there that would actually vote for Hillary because they like Bill ??

Is a vote for Hillary really a vote for Bill?
Dunno.

Doesn't matter. Bill presided over the DotCom economy, which (A) had nothing to do with him and (B) was a false positive anyway. He was lucky in Getting Out of Dodge before it all melted down.

Liking someone because they are different is kind of lame.
"Woody Allen for President".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 01:29 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,977,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
Very true ... he is a non-discriminatory, equal opportunity philanderer.
Bill seems to be a very nice man. I know someone who works in the town of Chappaqua and she has a bunch of selfies with Bill, apparently very approachable and nice to everyone he meets. I have also been in his presence once when I worked in a real estate office his family went to while searching for a house. He and Chelsea were very pleasant and respectful. His wife on the other hand, was a witch. She may say she is for the "little people" but she sure treats those same people like dirt. I am sure she is sweet as pie in a charity situation or out campaigning but not in her personal life from what I saw. Anyway, point is good for Bill if he does have a girlfriend or girlfriends. Hillary is not a nice, warm, compassionate person that is for sure.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:34 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
My wife and I had dinner last night with a very intelligent woman in her 40's and after talking about everything else the subject turned to politics.

We all agreed that the clowns that are running for President are a bunch of bozos but it was this womans logic that I questioned which leads her to who she thinks she will ultimately vote for that I find extremely odd but probably not that far off from how many others think.

She likes Trump because he is different, tells it like it is and is not a politician but that also scares her.
She thinks Cruz is creepy and would never vote for him and that goes for Ryan too.
Kasich is OK and would probably make a good President but she is not sure.

Bernie would give away the country.

That leaves Hillary that she agreed is beyond a typical politician that uses lies and deceit to get what she wants at everyone's expense BUT Hillary is married to Bill who was actually a pretty good President who did wonders for the economy so she sees that a vote for Hillary is really a vote for Bill who would at least be an advisor to his wife.

I told you that she had a twisted logic but I wonder how many voters are out there that would actually vote for Hillary because they like Bill ??

Is a vote for Hillary really a vote for Bill?
It sounds like this very intelligent woman was trying to keep the peace with you, while sharing her own views as non-offensively as possible. Agreeing with you when she could, and disagreeing with you without actually arguing with you.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:37 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,194,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I don't believe anyone is voting for Hillary strictly because of Bill.

But the fact that a very experienced two-term president, who presided over a good economy, who brokered peace between several different groups of enemies, and ended a Balkan conflict without it becoming a messy quagmire, is a definite plus. It does make some feel better that there would be a smart live-in adviser. And like it or not, Bill Clinton is very popular.
Bill could show Putin the DC "hot spots" when he comes to town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections