Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 12:57 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times

Advertisements

My wife and I had dinner last night with a very intelligent woman in her 40's and after talking about everything else the subject turned to politics.

We all agreed that the clowns that are running for President are a bunch of bozos but it was this womans logic that I questioned which leads her to who she thinks she will ultimately vote for that I find extremely odd but probably not that far off from how many others think.

She likes Trump because he is different, tells it like it is and is not a politician but that also scares her.
She thinks Cruz is creepy and would never vote for him and that goes for Ryan too.
Kasich is OK and would probably make a good President but she is not sure.

Bernie would give away the country.

That leaves Hillary that she agreed is beyond a typical politician that uses lies and deceit to get what she wants at everyone's expense BUT Hillary is married to Bill who was actually a pretty good President who did wonders for the economy so she sees that a vote for Hillary is really a vote for Bill who would at least be an advisor to his wife.

I told you that she had a twisted logic but I wonder how many voters are out there that would actually vote for Hillary because they like Bill ??

Is a vote for Hillary really a vote for Bill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 01:10 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,049 times
I highly doubt Bill and Hillary speak that much. IF she wins and moves into the WH odds are he will really not move in with her (well publicly he will say he did) but he will stay in Chappaqua and do his thing..

Old 04-08-2016, 01:13 PM

953 posts, read 843,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I highly doubt Bill and Hillary speak that much. IF she wins and moves into the WH odds are he will really not move in with her (well publicly he will say he did) but he will stay in Chappaqua and do his thing..
If she becomes president, he may end up having far more adventures in Westchester than he ever did in Washington.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:15 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
My wife and I had dinner last night with a very intelligent woman in her 40's and after talking about everything else the subject turned to politics.

We all agreed that the clowns that are running for President are a bunch of bozos but it was this womans logic that I questioned which leads her to who she thinks she will ultimately vote for that I find extremely odd but probably not that far off from how many others think.

She likes Trump because he is different, tells it like it is and is not a politician but that also scares her.
She thinks Cruz is creepy and would never vote for him and that goes for Ryan too.

That leaves Hillary that she agreed is beyond a typical politician that uses lies and deceit to get what she wants at everyone's expense BUT Hillary is married to Bill who was actually a pretty good President who did wonders for the economy so she sees that a vote for Hillary is really a vote for Bill who would at least be an advisor to his wife.

I told you that she had a twisted logic but I wonder how many voters are out there that would actually vote for Hillary because they like Bill ??

I don't believe anyone is voting for Hillary strictly because of Bill.

But the fact that a very experienced two-term president, who presided over a good economy, who brokered peace between several different groups of enemies, and ended a Balkan conflict without it becoming a messy quagmire, is a definite plus. It does make some feel better that there would be a smart live-in adviser. And like it or not, Bill Clinton is very popular.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:17 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:
Bill who was actually a pretty good President who did wonders for the economy so she sees that a vote for Hillary is really a vote for Bill who would at least be an advisor to his wife.
Someone should tell this woman that Bill didn't invent the internet and the incredible economic growth (then crash) that came with it.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:17 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
If she becomes president, he may end up having far more adventures in Westchester than he ever did in Washington.
From what I hear, she does not need to be in Washington for him to have adventures in Westchester lol...

Old 04-08-2016, 01:20 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,036,493 times
Unhappy 8 more years of Clinton:

It is one of my greatest fears.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:21 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:

Very interesting topic.

I like Bill Clinton, but I don't believe a vote for Hillary is really a vote for Bill.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:22 PM

953 posts, read 843,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
From what I hear, she does not need to be in Washington for him to have adventures in Westchester lol...
Very true ... he is a non-discriminatory, equal opportunity philanderer.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:24 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,548,343 times
Quote:
I think there is some truth to this. Not entirely, of course, but as an independent and active in those circles, Trump, Cruz, Hilary and Sanders are all deeply unpopular. Kasich is most favored but it's highly unlikely he will be the nominee- even at a brokered convention.

So between those independents need a reason to vote for one of those 4. And that's a reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections