Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 05:41 PM

29,830 posts, read 24,922,073 times

Advertisements

Hillary is a pro politician. She is doing a much better job of representing herself as the sane, rational choice. This is what politics is all about though. Misrepresentation of character in order to sway/swoon the voter. She is beating Trump on performance, and making it look easy.

But I am voting for Trump, because I know better. And than I will seriously consider which foreign country to make my getaway to, should SHTF. This election is beyond ridiculous. The people responsible for this should be ashamed of themselves. That especially means sHillary and Trump... Our election process is being held hostage by adult children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 05:43 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-app...000000655.html

Obama is looking better and better every day.......I've got my theories why......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZcuWba_HgU

The reason Obama's rating is higher is because of one simple fact (a fact his detractors will not admit to) and that reason is, Obama has done, and continues to do, a good job.

The man took office when America was in trouble. I keep repeating this fact, but his haters will not admit it. Unemployment was growing at alarming rates. People were losing everything, homes, cars, motorhomes, boats, etc. Consumer confidence was down, and people were not spending money on anything except bare necessities.

My shop is in a row of 16 other shops, and, 8 years ago, they were going out of business to the point we were the only shop still standing. We never saw a construction vehicle on the roads, and businesses were scrounging for business, just to keep the doors open. Banks were not loaning money and had a glut of repossessed homes, cars, and everything else on their books.

Here we are, 8 years later, and unemployment has dropped very dramatically. People are buying and building homes once again. Construction is booming, and you have a long wait to get a service person out to take care of you because they have so much business. Places are hiring and can not get enough people to fill those positions.

The center where my shop is has zero vacancies now, every shop is filled with people in there conducting business. When I ask people how business is, they say they have "Too much and kind of wish it would slow down so they can take a breather". I work in a luxury business (boats) and the last thing people spend money on is boats when things are bad. We are having record numbers and it grows every month.

Therefore, I THANK BARRACK OBAMA for the job he has done for America ! Even now, when he is a lame duck and could be coasting, he still works hard every day because that is the kind of man he is. I just wish I could vote for him a 3rd time. This recovery did not happen out of thin air......the man at the helm did it, and there is no denying that fact.

Don

Last edited by don1945; 06-26-2016 at 05:53 PM..

Old 06-26-2016, 05:44 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
well stated

Old 06-26-2016, 05:45 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
When will you give up
He doesn't even though no one cares anymore about his hopeless anti Trump rants that seem like they are written by a 10 year old. That's why he's on my ignore list.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:49 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Looks to me like he is gaining again: Hillary Clinton Holds 5-Point Lead Over Donald Trump, Latest Poll Finds - WSJ

Election Polls Show Trump Winning in a Clinton Showdown - Fortune

Remember that Bernie continues to poll better and has done so consistently than what Clinton has done against Trump. That has to say something about the reality.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:51 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,975,323 times
The polls will change next week and they will favor Donald Trump

Sure, the Orlando attacks and Brexit was not enough to wake up America but this will:

Kanye West premieres 'Famous' music video with naked celebrity look-alikes - CNN.com

Old 06-26-2016, 05:59 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
The polls will change next week and they will favor Donald Trump

Sure, the Orlando attacks and Brexit was not enough to wake up America but this will:

Kanye West premieres 'Famous' music video with naked celebrity look-alikes - CNN.com
Is West the chipmunk face guy married to that sex tape girl?

Old 06-26-2016, 06:02 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The reason Obama's rating is higher is because of one simple fact (a fact his detractors will not admit to) and that reason is, Obama has done, and continues to do, a good job.

The man took office when America was in trouble. I keep repeating this fact, but his haters will not admit it. Unemployment was growing at alarming rates. People were losing everything, homes, cars, motorhomes, boats, etc. Consumer confidence was down, and people were not spending money on anything except bare necessities.

My shop is in a row of 16 other shops, and, 8 years ago, they were going out of business to the point we were the only shop still standing. We never saw a construction vehicle on the roads, and businesses were scrounging for business, just to keep the doors open. Banks were not loaning money and had a glut of repossessed homes, cars, and everything else on their books.

Here we are, 8 years later, and unemployment has dropped very dramatically. People are buying and building homes once again. Construction is booming, and you have a long wait to get a service person out to take care of you because they have so much business. Places are hiring and can not get enough people to fill those positions.

The center where my shop is has zero vacancies now, every shop is filled with people in there conducting business. When I ask people how business is, they say they have "Too much and kind of wish it would slow down so they can take a breather". I work in a luxury business (boats) and the last thing people spend money on is boats when things are bad. We are having record numbers and it grows every month.

Therefore, I THANK BARRACK OBAMA for the job he has done for America ! Even now, when he is a lame duck and could be coasting, he still works hard every day because that is the kind of man he is. I just wish I could vote for him a 3rd time. This recovery did not happen out of thin air......the man at the helm did it, and there is no denying that fact.

Don
Well said.

Old 06-26-2016, 06:06 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Well said.
America has suffered the slowest recession recovery, if measured by GDP, in our history under Obama's leadership.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...recovery-wwii/

Old 06-26-2016, 06:13 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

Don
There's two sides to every coin. If Obama had been a white male conservative in his 60s, the liberal democrats would have started impeachment proceedings for his illegal executive orders circumventing Congress and passing his own laws which the Constitution prohibits him from doing. We'll just ignore that little fact though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections