Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 10:12 AM

51,690 posts, read 25,962,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post

Clinton and the Obama administration lying about what led to the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi, in order to re-elect Obama, is as despicable as it gets. The entire Obama/Clinton administration is mired in obfuscation and you drones keep drinking it up.

But, you keep on believing your masters.
And you may want to check some sources other than Faux News as the hearings have wrapped up and guess what?

Benghazi Committee Faults Military Response To 2012 Attack : NPR

"The House Benghazi Committee has released its findings on the September 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Libya.

The 800-page report found that despite President Obama and then Defense Secretary Leon Panetta's "clear orders," the military failed to immediately send a force to Benghazi and that nothing was en route to Libya at the time the last two Americans were killed — almost eight hours after the attacks began.

The report adds that while State Department security at the compound was "woefully inadequate," Clinton herself "never personally denied any requests for additional security in Benghazi." Clinton was also "active and engaged" on the night of the attacks and in subsequent days, saying she was in touch with the president, the CIA director, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and others in the hours following the attacks."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 10:17 AM

Benghazi By The Numbers – Benghazi Research Center

And thus we wrap up the longest Congressional investigation in history, costing million of dollars and thousands of hours.

It's enough to make a grown woman cry.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:20 AM

Benghazi Investigation Cost Counter | SCBD

"Instead of taking concrete steps to enhance the safety and security of our diplomatic corps overseas, the Select Committee on Benghazi continues to squander millions of dollars and has nothing to show for it other than a partisan attack against Secretary Clinton and her campaign for president"

Which about sums it up.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:24 AM

Anyone want to bet that Trump will stop trumpeting about how Hillary was responsible for Benghazi?

It's astounding that so many people continue to believe the RWN's accusations and innuendoes.

But glad that folks with this perspective post on C-D, giving us insight into their thought processes.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:27 AM

8,318 posts, read 3,958,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I don't like Trump, but will likely be voting for him. Disliking Trump doesn't negate voting for him. I despise Hillary but truly fear the far left, fascist hordes of progressives even more.
"Far left" would be communist. "Far right" would be fascist. Regardless, there hasn't been a "far left" in this country since the 60's. They've all been de-fanged and neutered and moved to the center. I don't think you will have much to worry about if Clinton is elected.

When you filter out the talking points and their favorite "issues", and boil down to their true political positions, Trump and Clinton are not that far apart. They are both Centrists.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:33 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,172,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am seeing more and more Trump signs in my area.. looks like his favorability is growing .

I think you must be confusing the trash bins being left out by the curb for garbage day with a Tramp campaign sign

Old 06-28-2016, 10:38 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,997,015 times
Quote:
I am seeing more and more Trump signs in my area.. looks like his favorability is growing .
ok.... who needs polls when we can have your objective observations?

Old 06-28-2016, 10:48 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,653,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
And you may want to check some sources other than Faux News as the hearings have wrapped up and guess what?

Benghazi Committee Faults Military Response To 2012 Attack : NPR

"The House Benghazi Committee has released its findings on the September 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Libya.

The 800-page report found that despite President Obama and then Defense Secretary Leon Panetta's "clear orders," the military failed to immediately send a force to Benghazi and that nothing was en route to Libya at the time the last two Americans were killed — almost eight hours after the attacks began.

The report adds that while State Department security at the compound was "woefully inadequate," Clinton herself "never personally denied any requests for additional security in Benghazi." Clinton was also "active and engaged" on the night of the attacks and in subsequent days, saying she was in touch with the president, the CIA director, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and others in the hours following the attacks."
And you may want to re-read my post. The Obama administration, to include Hillary Clinton and Susan Rice, conspired to mislead the American people just 56 days before the re-election of Obama. They lied to the American people as to the cause of the Benghazi attack, blaming it on an internet video in order to shield Obama from any backlash during his presidential campaign.

And NPR? Really? Talk about faux news, lol.

Here are the five highlights of the congressional committee's final report (of which NPR selectively excluded four):

Quote:
1. Administration misled public immediately and continually.
2. Weak Benghazi security points to Clinton's political considerations.
3. Military never sent men or machines to help.
4. Terrorists weren't brought to justice.
5. Administration obstructed investigation.

5 Big Takeaways From The House Benghazi Report
So according to NPR, Obama is blameless. Thinking Americans know better.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:17 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,232,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
"Far left" would be communist. "Far right" would be fascist. Regardless, there hasn't been a "far left" in this country since the 60's. They've all been de-fanged and neutered and moved to the center. I don't think you will have much to worry about if Clinton is elected.

When you filter out the talking points and their favorite "issues", and boil down to their true political positions, Trump and Clinton are not that far apart. They are both Centrists.
I disagree because I don't think that Trump has any "true political positions". He has "sound bites" ... "quips" ... maybe a few "talking points" but mostly, he has vague ideas that "sound good" to him when they rattle around in the empty space between his ears where most people store knowledge, common sense, good judgement etc as evidenced by his continued inability to speak in coherently on any topic that's longer than 140 characters.

Old 06-28-2016, 02:31 PM

20,700 posts, read 12,577,918 times
Quote:
Keep believing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections