Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 07:46 AM

4,553 posts, read 4,083,735 times

Advertisements

The best this country can hope for is Bernie vs Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 07:53 AM

7,743 posts, read 5,552,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
why

Old 04-18-2016, 08:00 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,131,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheBern View Post
For a few reasons:

1. Trade. NAFTA was the cause of the decline in the Midwest and New York. Bernie and Trump were against it.

2. Trustworthy. Benghazi and the email scandal are only two examples from many.

3. Immigration. Hillary wants to bring Syrian refugees in, but what happened in Paris and Brussels? Caused by refugees. And illegals coming in easily with no border at all is astonishing.

4. Business. Trump has proven he can make money and I think he would better than Hillary.

I went to the Trump rally today in Poughkeepsie. Not to protest, but because I went with a friend. I have a video of the whole thing I will upload to the thread later. I can't vote Trump in the primary and will definately vote Bernie, but in a Clinton vs Trump GE which it is likely to be, I am voting for Trump. In a Bernie vs Trump, I am still probably going to vote Bernie.
Thank you for proving my point that Trump isent even remotely conservative

Old 04-18-2016, 10:08 AM

1,696 posts, read 4,359,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Hillary is a poor excuse for a woman and not one that should be front and center in our country. She is old and bitter. I would guess she is probably the biggest sexist in the race and hates men with a passion. Being a woman, I have known these types of women. She has used being a woman and that also is a problem for me. A woman that stays with a man like Bill must be no better. We aren't aware of the skeletons in her closet although there are hints about Chelsea's paternity and I believe they are valid looking at the photos.

Voting for Trump doesn't seem worse to me. I haven't seen anything that really represented "red" flags. He has done much to promote women in his organization. "Personal" things are always hard to really evaluate and unlike with Bill Clinton, we didn't see the entire "transcripts" of events. As we know, Hillary blamed the women for Bill's sexcapades, how trailer trash of her.
If you haven't seen "red flags" regarding Trump's raging misogyny, you are either oblivious or in deep denial. Rape, sexual assault, child sex slaves, harassment, abuse, stalking, discrimination, objectification, exploitation - abundant evidence of these accusations against Trump is available now, but if you aren't up to putting in the work of researching your candidate that's alright. The media, the Clintons, and the democrats look forward to informing you on all of it and more between the months of July and November should Trump become the nominee. Sure Trump will deny and spin and make excuses. Just like Bill Clinton.

This narrative about Trump employing and promoting women falls apart as soon as you scratch the surface and realize that EVERYONE Trump employs is a sycophant and the women are only hired for their ability to "manipulate men with a twitch of their eye... or perhaps another body part." Those are Trump's words. Just because Trump feels he can use women in his organization does not mean he views them as human beings. In fact I can assure you Trump does not see women and girls as human beings. It does not take a deep examination of him to realize this. The only way someone would refuse to recognize it is if they share his view of women and girls OR if they are so set on supporting him that they'll put on blinders to avoid these uncomfortable facts.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:09 AM

26,077 posts, read 22,278,148 times
As a Trump supporter, if Cruz were running against Sanders, I'd vote for Sanders without any hesitation at all!

Old 04-18-2016, 10:13 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,349,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post

The worst this country can hope for is Cruz vs Sanders. (I fixed it for you!)

Old 04-18-2016, 10:16 AM

35,197 posts, read 31,523,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheBern View Post
For a few reasons:

1. Trade. NAFTA was the cause of the decline in the Midwest and New York. Bernie and Trump were against it.

2. Trustworthy. Benghazi and the email scandal are only two examples from many.

3. Immigration. Hillary wants to bring Syrian refugees in, but what happened in Paris and Brussels? Caused by refugees. And illegals coming in easily with no border at all is astonishing.

4. Business. Trump has proven he can make money and I think he would better than Hillary.

I went to the Trump rally today in Poughkeepsie. Not to protest, but because I went with a friend. I have a video of the whole thing I will upload to the thread later. I can't vote Trump in the primary and will definately vote Bernie, but in a Clinton vs Trump GE which it is likely to be, I am voting for Trump. In a Bernie vs Trump, I am still probably going to vote Bernie.
Exactly the reasons I'm making Sanders my second choice. Trump is my preference, but if the Republican is other than Trump, and Sanders is at the top of the ticket, I'm voting for Sanders.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:19 AM

4,553 posts, read 4,083,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
The worst this country can hope for is Cruz vs Sanders. (I fixed it for you!)
Let's be fair if it was Cruz vs Hillary there'd be no reason for anyone to show up. We'd already know at that point our votes don't matter.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:25 AM

35,197 posts, read 31,523,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Thank you for proving my point that Trump isent even remotely conservative
We've nominated "moderates" in McCain and Romney and lost both times.

Purely ideological conservatives are too small in number to win a general election. The ideological wing of the Republican party is becoming more ideological - look at the Bible being put up as state book of Tennessee. I'm 30 and a native Tennessean and this is the most far to the right legislature I've ever seen.

A lot of traditional Republican platforms seem to have lost their footing. Here in Indiana, we just had Carrier close up shop and offshore 1,400 jobs to Mexico. Trump was the first one to pick that up on a national scale and advocate on behalf of those losing their jobs. More of the "offshoring is efficient" speak is not going to resonate well.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:26 AM

1,696 posts, read 4,359,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Voting for Trump doesn't seem worse to me. I haven't seen anything that really represented "red" flags. He has done much to promote women in his organization.
Bill Clinton promoted women in his administration and he championed policy initiatives promoting womens rights. Does that let him off the hook? Or are you perhaps being a tad hypocritical making excuses for Trump while denying Clinton the same 'benefit of the doubt'? They both "promoted" women. They both abused women. It is so important to be consistent in order to be credible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections