Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 02:04 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,440,815 times

Advertisements

Here is the only one I know of (S 2590), and you might agree that it is a good one:

Quote:
Teamed with Republican Sen. Tom Coburn, Sen. Barack Obama has scored the biggest legislative victory of his Senate career on a bill to establish federal searchable databases of all government contracts, loans, grants and special-interest spending commonly known as pork.
Bloggers help Obama pass Senate pork bill | U.S. Senator Barack Obama (http://obama.senate.gov/news/060909-bloggers_help_o/ - broken link)

Quote:
U.S. Senators Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK), Barack Obama (D-IL), John McCain (R-AZ) and Tom Carper (D-DE) today urged the full Senate to pass S. 2590, the “Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act,” a bill that will create a Google-like search engine and database to track approximately $1 trillion in federal grants, contracts, earmarks and loans.
.: United States Senator Tom Coburn :: Press Room :.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 02:21 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Default Bi-Partinsanship

“Republican State Sen. Kirk Dillard has for months been featured in Barack Obama's television ads at crucial points in the Illinois Democrat's presidential campaign.

Moderator cut: copyright violation

Last edited by Marka; 02-19-2008 at 08:30 AM..

Old 02-13-2008, 02:24 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
Here you go. Again.

EDIT. I guess it does not stay in the link - but use link and search for Obama sponsored/cosponsored bills, there are about 60. About 25 sole sponsored.

Advanced Bill Summary and Status Search for the 110th Congress - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Old 02-13-2008, 02:30 PM

163 posts, read 908,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets View Post
How many times during Obama's 8 years in the State Sen and 2 years in US Senate has he EVER worked out a bi-partisan deal???

I can say in the US SEnate that # is ZERO. THis guy has never gotten 1 bill passed or have ever reached out to Republicans to work something out.

Not sure about Illinois Senate. But I can bet the # of time is ZERO too.

So can anyone please explain to me just HOW is a guy who never worked out any deals with his opponents, never voted outside the Democratic party lines, and never worked out a compromise on a bill will change Washington and will "bring America together" and "end partisanship in Washington" as he says??

Please, anyone? Please provide links to any articles detailing Obama's compromises on anything and/or ever reaching out to the other side?? Media Matters and MoveON.org are NOT valid websites as they are politically charged websites funded by foreign Communism financier and Obama-backer, Geroge Soros.
JohnnyRockets,

Since you're the one trying to prove a point, how about YOU provide some links (from legitimate unbiased sources) that prove what you are saying is true?

Rather than asking everyone else on this board to go on a wild goose chase...why don't you yourself provide proof of your position. It's ironic that you accuse Obama of being all talk and no substance.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:37 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
“Republican State Sen. Kirk Dillard has for months been featured in Barack Obama's television ads at crucial points in the Illinois Democrat's presidential campaign.

Now Dillard has a new role -- a Republican National Convention delegate for Arizona Sen. John McCain.
<snip>

Dillard said he wants McCain as president because of his national security knowledge and ability to be commander in chief during a time of war. He also said he wants a Republican president to counterbalance the Democratic Congress."
USA Today.
It's funny you quote this Dillard person. I'll take McCain over Obama due to experience too.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:38 PM

140 posts, read 294,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdummy View Post
JohnnyRockets,

Since you're the one trying to prove a point, how about YOU provide some links (from legitimate unbiased sources) that prove what you are saying is true?

Rather than asking everyone else on this board to go on a wild goose chase...why don't you yourself provide proof of your position. It's ironic that you accuse Obama of being all talk and no substance.
I don't need to prrove that Obama is a do-nothing Senator. People are struggling to find anything he has done with any other Senators (other than imposing a Global Tax in the USA). Cliff Kincaid -- Obama's Global Tax Proposal Up for Senate Vote

People that worry about the North American Union need to worry about something bigger: the UN mandating whatever it wishes upon the United States, since Obama wants to create Global Taxes, he must also want the US to submit to the UN's corrupt authorithy! Yikes!

Folks I am asking YOU to provide the links, as I can't think of one bill that Obama has authored that has passed. He has done nothing in the US SEnate other than be divisive and vote along party lines. You Obama-natics need to show how I am wrong and how Obama is the king of bi-partisanship and compromises. After all, he is the one cliaming to "bring America together and end partisanship in DC".

Old 02-13-2008, 02:39 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
It's funny you quote this Dillard person. I'll take McCain over Obama due to experience too.
You've expressed that point plenty in other threads. Let's try and keep this thread on topic, which is pointing out, again, how Johnny Rockets doesn't bother to research anything before he posts "his" ideas.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:42 PM

140 posts, read 294,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Here is the only one I know of (S 2590), and you might agree that it is a good one:

United States Senator Tom Coburn :: Press Room :.
I checked the link (yes, ending pork barrel spending would be WONDERFUL), but I don't see that the bill has actually passed.

McCain is involved on this one too. But McCain is known for calling up liberals to work on bills. I am not sure Obama has ever called a Conservative (other than calling the Conservative a bad thing) to co-sponsor a bill and that the bill actually succeeded.

Obama has never authored a bill, other than some symbolic statement on Kenya (I think). If ayone knows of any bills that Obama has written, pleas eput a link here. Again, if the link is the Obama website or Media Matters, then it will be dismissed as a BS link, as these are not independent Congressional watchdogs.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:59 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,440,815 times
JohnnyRockets - it passed and got signed by the President - it's a Law

Note that it doesn't end pork, just shines a light on it, plus it had like 47 Senate co-sponsors... Sen. Coburn is the hero of this story...

Quote:
S.2590
Title: A bill to require full disclosure of all entities and organizations receiving Federal funds...
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 109-282
Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections