Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 12:47 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,382,727 times

Advertisements

First off: I am an Independent, and not a Trump supporter (I voted for Sanders in my state's primary) so don't shower me with abuse, okay?

Okay.

Here's my question for those who feel such loathing for Trump's statements (I specify statements, because all he has done is talk -- he has no political record to analyze): do you believe that all of the millions who have voted for and/or support Trump are as equally evil, racist, and sexist as you believe him to be? Are they unaware of what he stands for? Or are a certain percentage of them just ignorant dupes?

I ask this because the level of loathing for this likely presidential candidate is unprecedented in modern times. It is a frightening prospect to contemplate that level of loathing spilling over onto our fellow citizens who choose to exercise their right to vote for Mr. Trump.

Put simply, for those who seethe with such hatred toward Trump: do you hate those who support him? Or are you able to separate the political opinions of these people from their basic humanity? In other words, from another controversial topic, can you hate the sin but love the sinner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 12:53 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,991,817 times
Why are you for disadvantageous trade agreements, and porous borders, domestic job destruction and 4 million work cards for tourists, and even more onorous restrictions on civil liberties as promoted by leftist Zionist corporate media that spread the disinfo that results in clueless progressive loathing?

Old 05-01-2016, 12:55 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,084,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
First off: I am an Independent, and not a Trump supporter (I voted for Sanders in my state's primary) so don't shower me with abuse, okay?

Okay.

Here's my question for those who feel such loathing for Trump's statements (I specify statements, because all he has done is talk -- he has no political record to analyze): do you believe that all of the millions who have voted for and/or support Trump are as equally evil, racist, and sexist as you believe him to be? Are they unaware of what he stands for? Or are a certain percentage of them just ignorant dupes?

I ask this because the level of loathing for this likely presidential candidate is unprecedented in modern times. It is a frightening prospect to contemplate that level of loathing spilling over onto our fellow citizens who choose to exercise their right to vote for Mr. Trump.

Put simply, for those who seethe with such hatred toward Trump: do you hate those who support him? Or are you able to separate the political opinions of these people from their basic humanity? In other words, from another controversial topic, can you hate the sin but love the sinner?
I would have to answer <bold> with a huge NO as evidenced by the violence put upon Trump supporters at several rally sites.
Bloody noses,tasers,tear gas,hitting,kicking etc. show me that for supporters of the Democrat field if you don't believe as they do you deserve to be wiped out with physical force if necessary.

Old 05-01-2016, 01:02 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,351,412 times
I don't hate those who support Trump. I just think they are low information voters unaware of what he really stands for. He's a liberal funding democrat who's made a career off crony capitalism, outsourcing his products to China and Mexico, hiring immigrants for slave wages rather than Americans and funding liberal politicians who support and voted for illegal alien rights, Obamacare, funding sanctuary cities and Planned Parenthood. Trump is no Republican, he is a pathetic fraud.

Old 05-01-2016, 01:06 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,449,984 times
No, I dont think Trump's supporters are racist uneducated hillbillies (though he probably has a larger share of these types than the other candidates)

But I think his supporters are people who feel that the US government has betrayed them(it has) and that Trump will fix it.

But the truth is, Trump is a con-man who won't fix anything and if elected would leave the US as bad as G W Bush left it in 2008.

Now your probably going to ask "yeah, how do I know this? Isn't Trump a master business man who makes deals?"

And I'm going to say no he's not. Nearly everything he built goes into bankruptcy and he manages to mismanage nearly all of his business to a stunning level of incompetence. Nobody even knows what his real networth is because he hides the real number. Don't fool yourself...a persons past matters. Trump is huckster and con-man who would bankrupt this country even worse than it already is

When G W Bush ran for president in 2000...I knew he was going to be a disaster...why? Because when he was governor of Texas, he took Texas from a state that ran surpluses and left it with gigantic billion dollar deficits and ruined the school system and that's only scratching the surface of how much of a disaster he was as governor so it's no surprise he turned out stunningly incompetent running the country.

A person's past record matters. Trump, if elected, would ********** country up so bad that America would seriously run the risk of becoming isolated by the rest of the world

Old 05-01-2016, 01:07 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,247,137 times
Yes, they hate his supporters. Watch as a Trump supporter makes his way through a group of them on the street in his own home town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JWw...yer_detailpage

Old 05-01-2016, 01:09 PM

20,135 posts, read 16,227,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I don't hate his followers, although I do find it frustrating at times to talk to some of them. You can show them proof that he lies, proof that he flip flops, proof that he does the very thing he rails against, proof that he is the establishment, and they just don't care or pretend like they don't understand. They only care that their version of the American Dream isn't turning out like they want, so they just want to elect someone who they can say is not a politican. I feel most of them are willing to cut off their nose to spite their face, which would be fine except they are cutting my nose off along with theirs.

Old 05-01-2016, 01:10 PM

451 posts, read 467,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Why are you for disadvantageous trade agreements, and porous borders, domestic job destruction and 4 million work cards for tourists, and even more onorous restrictions on civil liberties as promoted by leftist Zionist corporate media that spread the disinfo that results in clueless progressive loathing?
Hey ho!! Western civilization has gotta go!!

Old 05-01-2016, 01:17 PM

68,360 posts, read 54,571,497 times
Growing up in the NYC area I've been hearing Trump's self-serving BS for 30+ years and never saw him as anything other than a carnival huckster and a spoiled little brat. Haven't thought all that much about his supporters other than thinking in a country where so many believe the Kardashians' activities to be relevant you can pretty much sell anything with the right meaningless sound bites.

Old 05-01-2016, 01:18 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,247,137 times
More Trump haters and violence against his supporters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJLQ...yer_detailpage

Wonder if the Trump haters on this board ever get the feeling (while watching some of these protesters), that they may be on the wrong side of the issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections